PDA

View Full Version : Unable to watch most vod, isp issue??

gman
29-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Hi all, anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm with bt fibre and am unable to watch most of the vod content on my hb9000. I'm sure it's an isp issue. Anyone else having this issue in the uk? I have parental controls disabled on my account. If it is an isp issue, any chance of running just my hb9000 through a vpn or something??

Thanks in advance

waverider
01-05-2017, 09:15 AM
I am with, BT Infinity, "VOD", was not working a couple of days ago, i have just tried it and is working okay.

gman
01-05-2017, 05:56 PM
No change for me. I only get one movie playing from the first page on VOD. The rest just don't load...

Aldo
01-05-2017, 11:02 PM
No change for me. I only get one movie playing from the first page on VOD. The rest just don't load...

I have just tried those channels on my Spiderbox 6000, I only get 10 of the 12 that are/were available 3 & 4 are missing, however all of those I receive are clearing. and there is a typo in your first post there is No HB99000 yet.

waverider
02-05-2017, 08:39 AM
I have just checked,there are (1,950), the one's i tried were opening.

Aldo
02-05-2017, 02:22 PM
I have just checked,there are (1,950), the one's i tried were opening.

Sorry I thought that the OP was referring to the VOD Channels on Hotbird which are part of the Polsat or Canal Package.

gman
02-05-2017, 03:12 PM
and there is a typo in your first post there is No HB99000 yet.

my apologies Aldo - i have amended the post.

anyone know if there is anyway of viewing the address that the HB is trying to connect to? so that i can then check BT's list of banned sites.

when i go to select a movie on VOD, it does look like data begins to transfer as you can see the kilobytes increasing for about a second. it then reduces straight to zero and that's it. select the next movie and the same happens. does this for all movies on the first page except the 2nd movie in.

unsure as to whether it's a HB or ISP issue now....

Weston Calling
02-05-2017, 06:54 PM
unsure as to whether it's a HB or ISP issue now....

I'm with Talk Talk and when I checked all the VOD movies I tried opened just fine. So it's not an issue with the HB9000. I presume you are using up to date firmware.

gman
02-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Thanks for your help guys. Not sure what it was but all seems to be working now!! Very strange, maybe something linked to my fibre connection, but everything else seemed to be working just fine.
Thanks again