PDA

View Full Version : Sky channels

oldgasman
02-05-2017, 08:31 PM
Dear chaps, now this question will probably mark me as a total know nothing, but here goes.
I bought a Icecrypt receiver, so far so super. I started to read up and research the subject in general when I came upon cccams and clines and I think I have a rough idea. I believe some people use them for watching Sky tv.
I don't have any Sky channels listed in my epg even after a full scan.
What am I missing chaps? How would one access a channel that isn't listed?

Many thanks

echelon
02-05-2017, 08:37 PM
impossible to answer without knowing the receiver model and firmware installed

also impossible to answer without knowing which satellite or satellites your receiver can "view" via your dish

suffice to say that for sly UK you need a dish pointed at 28.2 degrees east with good reception , starting with the FTA FREESAT channels like BBC1 and ITV etc

this is especially true if you live in the UK or in EIRE , otherwise its going to be much more difficult if you are not in those countries

thread moved to the icecrypt forum for now

oldgasman
02-05-2017, 08:53 PM
My apologies for posting in the wrong section.
My setup fulfills all those criteria, Icecrypt s3550 pointing at 28.2 in the Uk.

Mickha
02-05-2017, 09:54 PM
You could try manually scanning in the channels:

https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

Don't bother with the HD channels, as they haven't been available for some time, and you might want to read another thread, on the forum:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?176073-few-channels-not-working-today

JOE.MADDISON
02-05-2017, 09:55 PM
wont get the sky channels if you are scanning for free to air channels.

oldgasman
02-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Thanks Joe, so do you mean you can't get the channel listings for any Sky channels, either fta or encrypted?

echelon
02-05-2017, 10:10 PM
channel listings are an epg so unless your box can obtain the epg data you would only get now and next

ie:- it does not work like a legit sly box

scanning for channels using the transponders should mean you get a channel list on your box

the FTA channels like the freesat ones should be viewable , these include the following

BBC1
BBC2
ITV
C4
C5
THE VAULT
BBC NEWS
CBS ACTION
CBS ***** (whatever they are called)
and many , many more

etc

concentrate on obtaining and viewing all the freesat channels

google freesat channels if you dont know what to look for, but they are similar to the freeview channels obtained by a freeview tv from a terrestrial aerial

read the rules again regarding viewing sly channels (like sly1 , sly atlantic , sly living , fox etc) because you will not be allowed to discuss decrypting them

most of the free to view channels are freesat channels , NOT sly channels

until you can view freesat channels its pointless going any further

so set up your icecrypt on your dish + lnb such that you can scan in and watch the freesat channels, nothing else is important at this time , including not worrying about epg data or now and next (which is about what is on over the next hour or alternatively over the next week , on each channel)

oldgasman
02-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Thank you, I understand. I can receive all the fta channels perfectly. It was purely an academic question as to why I can't see the encrypted channels listed in the epg.

Mickha
03-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Do you mean the EPG, Electronic Program Guide, or do you mean in your channel list?
Do you have the channels scanned in?
Providing your receivers time/date is set correctly you should get a now, and next, program information, show up, when you are on the channel.

oldgasman
03-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Thank you, I promise I wasn't attempting to gain information for anything that breaches the rules. My receiver works well and I can see and watch all the fta channels. After a scan I can see several encrypted/pay channels listed but never any sky ones. I just wondered why not?

sparky_dog
03-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Any encrypted channels you see on 28.2e are part of the Sky package.

Could it be that your transponder list is out of date? Does your receiver have an option to do a network (NIT) scan or blind scan?

Mickha
03-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Can you please list some of the channels, you have scanned in.

oldgasman
03-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Right, it's probably me getting confused. I can blind scan and get the full list of fta TV and Radio channels. I delete out all the ones I'm not interested in. What i meant was why don't i see all of the premium Sky channels listed? I know I wouldn't be able to watch them as I don't have a subscription, I just wondered why I don't see them?

Mickha
03-05-2017, 10:16 AM
When you do a blind scan you have several options, one of which is FTA, Free To Air, only, change this to All, do another scan, and all the channels should show up.
Joe Maddison mentioned this in post 5.
You could also manually scan in each transponder, I posted a link, to all the details, in post 2:

https://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Sky-UK.html

Copy, and paste, the link, into your internet browser, and scroll down to the Sky encrypted channels.

oldgasman
03-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Will do Mickha, I'll give that a go later, thanks