PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish

alanjrm
22-07-2017, 01:18 PM
Hi guys
Can my spider box hd9000 drive a motorised dish. At present I am using a top field to drive my dish
On the rear of my spider box I only have Sat in and below that loop to connect my cables.
On my top field I have sat in no 1 - which I connect my cable from my motor and sat no 2 which I connect my cable from lmb.
Any help would be appreciated as I would like to remove my top field sat.

cloverleaf
22-07-2017, 01:33 PM
I have spiderbox hd9000 up and running just now as long you have it moterised system all you need is cable from your motor to go in back of spiderbox sat in pin that will give you motorised but you will need to get east and west positions first

alanjrm
22-07-2017, 03:13 PM
Thanks for reply
You said that you put cable from motor output to sat in
Where do you put the cable from lmb?

Aldo
22-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Thanks for reply
You said that you put cable from motor output to sat in
Where do you put the cable from lmb?

You should find the info that you require in the following thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151927-simple-guide-to-setting-up-a-Spiderbox-7000-9000

Mickha
22-07-2017, 04:25 PM
Unless you have a twin LNB, 2 outputs, you should have a cable, going from your LNB, to the motor in, then a cable goes from the motor out to your receiver.
Unless you have a 36v motor, which uses 4 wires, but these are mainly used for large dishes, over 1.2M.
Can you please supply more information, regarding your satellite setup.

alanjrm
22-07-2017, 06:52 PM
What I have is a quad LNB-and at the moment I have -one cable from LNB to my motor, than from my motor to my Topfield receiver ( sat 1 input) I have a cable from LNB to my Topfield receiver (sat input 2). This does turn my dish, I also have a another cable from my LNB to my Spiderbox.
My Spiderbox will not move my dish.
What I want is to move the dish with my Spiderbox-it used to until I changed rooms with my Spiderbox

Mickha
22-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Just connect the cable, from the motor, to the Spiderbox, then go into the menu and set up Usals settings, entering your correct Latitude, and Longitude, negative Longitude readings = West, positive = East.
It should then work.

JOE.MADDISON
22-07-2017, 07:08 PM
at dish end,remove lead comming from topfielg recr to motor,take lead off lnb (comming from spiderbox)and put it on motor,the lead from topfield then goes dirrect to lmb.then spider will move dish if te lat and long is set.

alanjrm
22-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Mickha
The cable from the motor-which connection does it want to be on
I have sat in -and below it loop
Where does the cable from the LNB CONNECT

JOE.MADDISON
22-07-2017, 07:49 PM
sat in

alanjrm
23-07-2017, 09:42 AM
Thanks guys - working fine