PDA

View Full Version : Black screen

nippon
02-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Hi,something has happend to my hitec,just the names of the tuner came on for a moment.Then screen go black,and it wont respond to remote.I read that there is a solution,still look complicated.Could someone clear it up for a dummy.It dosnt happend during a upgrade.Thanks

Mickha
02-08-2017, 12:16 PM
You could try loading the original patch again:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?796-Firmware

nippon
02-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Thank you Micka,i did got the force_upgrade working.Erase flash/upgrade flash,but that didnt help.Only thing working on remote is off/on.Ijust picked a patch from last year,was that ok?

jbvid
02-08-2017, 02:53 PM
@nippon
If same try the force_upgrade_rom method. Link below, also mentioned in other links, search force_upgrade_rom
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?176188-Latest-mscam-patch!!!!!&highlight=force_upgrade_rom
Update , I see you tried it. Try it with the latest patch and on a different USB Stick.
jb

c31
02-08-2017, 03:31 PM
make sure ur stick is fat

nippon
02-08-2017, 07:08 PM
Thanks for all advice,I tried with another patch and a different usb.It loaded the Hitec ok,but thats all,cant get the remote to work.All it does is on and off.I hasnt tried the latest file,as the thus i find is all from last year.

jbvid
02-08-2017, 07:44 PM
Thanks for all advice,I tried with another patch and a different usb.It loaded the Hitec ok,but thats all,cant get the remote to work.All it does is on and off.I hasnt tried the latest file,as the thus i find is all from last year.
Hi
After the flashing, do you get the green light on the Hitech box? when green light is on it sometimes takes a while to come up with the main Icons, give it time, then check your Monitor / TV and connections to it. If using a TV or Monitor go through the different inputs with your TV remote, HDMI / SCART / RGB / etc. These may not be matching the newly loaded Hitech's output setting. Once working you can load the latest software in from http.
jb

Aldo
02-08-2017, 07:47 PM
The latest firmware will not be on this forum, as blackdevil does not post on this forum any more, and furthermore those that have downloaded the latest patch did so via http, so unless someone has saved the latest patch to a USB/Memory stick, and uploads it to the forum, you have no chance of getting it from this forum, however there is another forum where blackdevil posts info of the latest patches etc, and if one of the members of that forum posts a request for the latest patch to be uploaded to a server, and that member may post a link to the last patch available.

nippon
02-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Hi
After the flashing, do you get the green light on the Hitech box? when green light is on it sometimes takes a while to come up with the main Icons, give it time, then check your Monitor / TV and connections to it. If using a TV or Monitor go through the different inputs with your TV remote, HDMI / SCART / RGB / etc. These may not be matching the newly loaded Hitech's output setting. Once working you can load the latest software in from http.
jb

Yes,the green light is on,and was on before i load the patch.I can switch between on and off.

jbvid
02-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Yes,the green light is on,and was on before i load the patch.I can switch between on and off.
Then i'm sure its a connection or TV setting problem.
jb

JOE.MADDISON
02-08-2017, 08:56 PM
try disconnecting lmb cable from box,try new hdmi lead,also check tv is selecting right input

nippon
02-08-2017, 10:06 PM
try disconnecting lmb cable from box,try new hdmi lead,also check tv is selecting right input

Tryed that,several hdmi leads and even another remote,as i have one more Hitec.Looks completly dead,exept the green/red lights.

jbvid
03-08-2017, 08:22 AM
@ nippon
Does the other Hitech work on the TV / monitor you are using?, also is TV / Monitor set to HDMI.
jb

nippon
03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
@ nippon
Does the other Hitech work on the TV / monitor you are using?, also is TV / Monitor set to HDMI.
jb

Yes,Yes

JOE.MADDISON
03-08-2017, 11:35 AM
small point when you did the force update you did remove the usb stick straight away.?dont leave it in place or box may start update again etc

jbvid
03-08-2017, 12:11 PM
@ nippon
From the checks and tests you have done I would suspect that it has a hardware problem, never seen or heard of any posts on here about the name of the Tuner coming up on screen. I assume you have tried it without the LNB connected to the Hitech input.
jb

c31
03-08-2017, 02:07 PM
just a shot in the dark try lots of different software

nippon
03-08-2017, 09:18 PM
just a shot in the dark try lots of different software

Thank you,did that,and on the oldest firmware:bingo.But that is 2.1.09.So i tried to load fromHttp:2.2.08 mscam,but box give black screen again.At the moment i have 2.1.09 on the box and i may have to leave it that way.Hasnt searched for channels yet.

JOE.MADDISON
04-08-2017, 12:32 PM
you may have to update a number of times with follow on software in case you miss out an update that allows newest software to imstal correctly also remember to lock in each update by with factory reset after download

nippon
04-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Yes,i still have problems.2.1.09 is the only one i can get going,but something is missing.Dont get any sat signal,so cant search any channels.If i go to conditional acsess it tells me database empty.However the IPTV channels are working.Tried several http update with no go.

c31
04-08-2017, 08:03 PM
are u sure your lmb is in correct connection in box

nippon
04-08-2017, 08:58 PM
are u sure your lmb is in correct connection in box

Yes,but it also write:database is empty

JOE.MADDISON
04-08-2017, 10:49 PM
you have to start from scratch set up lat and long then find sat and scan for channels etc any active gift codes will need to be entered again

nippon
04-08-2017, 11:29 PM
you have to start from scratch set up lat and long then find sat and scan for channels etc any active gift codes will need to be entered again

I dont have a motor,4 lnb with diseqe and this is in daily use with another box.I also tried another antenna.

JOE.MADDISON
05-08-2017, 11:32 AM
if you press menu what do you get

JOE.MADDISON
05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
!!!!!! if thats your setup then box needs to be set up to deq and multi switch settings put in first befoe scans as box does not know what or how to scan any sat

jbvid
05-08-2017, 12:42 PM
I dont have a motor,4 lnb with diseqe and this is in daily use with another box.I also tried another antenna.
Hi
The settings in the daily use box have been setup, but your 'black screen box' has new software so needs setting up in the menus it doesn't know what to look for as Joe said. The link here may help you.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?174226-Hitech-Sat-Installation-problem
jb

nippon
05-08-2017, 03:21 PM
Yes,did all that.I do have another Hitec using the same sat setup.The one no work belongs to a friend.I managed to load 2.2.23 and watch IPTV,but when do factory reset,all disapperd black screen.

JOE.MADDISON
05-08-2017, 05:28 PM
ONCE AGAIN you CAN NOT connect any SAT BOX to a MULTI SWITCH SYSTEM and find any chanels or satallites WITH OUT FIRST TELLING THE BOX what its connected to and how to find the sat.to set the box for SOME ONE ELSES SYSTEM YOU MUST CONNECT BOX TO THEIR DISH AND SCAN THE SAT THEIR DISH IS POINTING AT......

Aldo
05-08-2017, 05:56 PM
Yes,did all that.I do have another Hitec using the same sat setup.The one no work belongs to a friend.I managed to load 2.2.23 and watch IPTV,but when do factory reset,all disapperd black screen.

So you have been misleading members of the forum, his dish setup may be/will be different to yours, why do you not go to his house and try the setup there. ??????

nippon
06-08-2017, 12:04 AM
So you have been misleading members of the forum, his dish setup may be/will be different to yours, why do you not go to his house and try the setup there. ??????

Friend came to me because he lost everything,that mean i had to load software and make all the settings again.And if i make the right settings it dosnt matter if it is my dish or his.Ok,thank you all,lets end this subject,i am tired and the IPTV is working.

Mickha
06-08-2017, 08:38 AM
If the IPTV is working, and the menu options, then the problem doesn't appear to be a Black Screen, as the HDMI appears to be working.
I suspect the problem is the tuner, or other hardware, as you seem to know what you're doing, regarding setting up the tuner.
Can you test the receiver on a basic dish, even a Sky dish, which has a direct connection, from the LNB, to the receiver?

I think other members, replying to this thread, have become a little confused, due to your initial post, that you got a black screen, and the remote control wasn't working, and seren't aware of your level of expertise.
I assume now, that you've loaded the old software, the remote is working fine, you can access the menu, and IPTV options, and you no longer have a black screen, but the tuner isn't working, as you can't scan in any satellite channels.
Can you load a channel list, on the Hitech 9000? If so have you tried it?

nippon
06-08-2017, 10:49 AM
If the IPTV is working, and the menu options, then the problem doesn't appear to be a Black Screen, as the HDMI appears to be working.
I suspect the problem is the tuner, or other hardware, as you seem to know what you're doing, regarding setting up the tuner.
Can you test the receiver on a basic dish, even a Sky dish, which has a direct connection, from the LNB, to the receiver?

I think other members, replying to this thread, have become a little confused, due to your initial post, that you got a black screen, and the remote control wasn't working, and seren't aware of your level of expertise.
I assume now, that you've loaded the old software, the remote is working fine, you can access the menu, and IPTV options, and you no longer have a black screen, but the tuner isn't working, as you can't scan in any satellite channels.
Can you load a channel list, on the Hitech 9000? If so have you tried it?

Yes,you are right with all above,maybe i should try a channel list.

Mickha
06-08-2017, 10:57 AM
If it still doesn't work, try removing the top, when disconnected from the mains, and check for any obvious signs of damage, dry solder, bulging caps, etc.
It is always best to try getting to basics, by using a direct cable, from LNB to receiver, and setting it up as a single, fixed, dish.
These receivers are quite cheap, and might not be worth repairing.

JOE.MADDISON
06-08-2017, 11:00 AM
you can load channel list but will not see any channels on your system.you will on a single lmb system.

nippon
06-08-2017, 12:21 PM
you can load channel list but will not see any channels on your system.you will on a single lmb system.

Tried with direct line from lnb,as i have a motor dish(not diseqe motor)but the result is same:no signal

JOE.MADDISON
06-08-2017, 12:31 PM
have you gone into menu ..selected the sat that your lnbis pointed at and ticked that sat first....... and then go to scan etc
if this fails you need menu set up llnb universal ,,,power on etc,set up your basic settings

JOE.MADDISON
06-08-2017, 01:42 PM
remember if you do install all settings lmb power,type,dish etc if you then install newer software you will have to do it all again,so i would install up to date software first,dont expect to find any sat channels untill you then factory reset then setup all the basic settings and sat settigs,tick the sat you are pointing at.then next page scan for channels