PDA

View Full Version : mag 254 defaults to black screen if leave it on channel help?

antmarco
22-08-2017, 11:21 AM
i have two mag 254 boxes same software with iptv service on both i never turn boxes off or not often put in standbye either strange thing is box when i go to view something the channels not on black screen thinking its gone into standbye i press standbye nothing happens have to unplug power then infomir screen comes on then portal loads then menu back and channels also , bit off pain having to do this anyone any thoughts , should i put in standbye when not viewing anything ? or anyone elses box doing same ?

holmroad
22-08-2017, 11:47 AM
Think that's similar to what happens to me when I transfer from one HDMI connection to another, then try to go back to MAG250 and find it's gone (blue light on, but no channels) even if I didn't switch it off!
If I remember to switch it off before transferring to other TV choice it's fine to switch MAG250 back on again without having to reboot it when I return to MAG250!
I thought it was just me having to reboot by totally powering off & on again in this situation mate!

jokerjay
22-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I had this problem with my MAG254 so I did a factory reset ! remember to keep a copy of your portal information
(-h**p://www.uktvforyou.com/howto/factoryreset.pdf-)
Reloaded everything have'nt had no problems for the last 3 months