PDA

View Full Version : Daft question of the day lnb bracket

umgum
08-01-2018, 05:17 PM
Okay as title says probably daft question
my Lnb bracket has broke on one side would any lnb bracket do or might they be at a slightly different angle

skomedal
08-01-2018, 06:22 PM
Dish model and size might help

Edit

"" Okay as title says probably daft question
my Lnb bracket has broke on one side would any lnb bracket do or might they be at a slightly different angle ""

umgum
08-01-2018, 06:44 PM
It`s a 1 meter dish from the late 90`s no idea what make or model i was just thinking would the angle of the bracket be different if it came off another dish

Thanks Ken

mrdude
08-01-2018, 07:22 PM
Just make a new bracket, it's not really difficult to do - most people with limited skills/tools could do this easily. If it's outside your capabilities - order a new dish, they are relatively cheap.

echelon
08-01-2018, 07:23 PM
yes it may well be different , so may need further adjustments or not work at all for your dish

there is also a possibility that it may be round , or rectangular , or a different fitting size for the arm it came from

always worth a try, but obtaining a manufacturers replacement would be better if its a well known make of dish

umgum
08-01-2018, 07:26 PM
New dish it is then

Detlef
08-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Can you post a picture of the broken one,

I have successfully repaired ones where the hinge side of the clamp has broken. Fat cable ties often work but but don't encircle the LNB neck with metal, wire or the like as that can lower the gain.

satpaul
09-01-2018, 01:00 PM
If you have a picture of the LNB holder and dish
I may have a spare one got a draw full of LNB holders

echelon
09-01-2018, 06:54 PM
and measure the dish arm where the lnb is fitted , saying if it is round (and give the outside diameter) or rectangular (give the outer dimensions too)

post those details along with pictures of the lnb , the arm and the dish itself , the adjustment mechanism can help to identify the make of dish too so a picture of the rear of the dish or side on can also help in your quest

umgum
12-01-2018, 05:16 PM
okay thanks i have sorted the bracket
my stab 120 has let water in and died short somewhere
so back to basics fixed dish till i get a new motor