PDA

View Full Version : IPTV and Protek 9900LX receiver

Matt33
01-03-2018, 12:01 PM
A couple of years ago I went from my Spiderbox receiver (which I still have with a Cccam line!) and bought the Protek 9900 LX which is a Linux box and although difficult at the time and after reading many tutorials in forums, it has been working well for a couple of years now.
This receiver has now been superceeded for the 9910 and 9911 models. No doubt mine is coming to an end again after the 3 years with "gift".
I am looking to add to the Protek 9900LX to accept IPTV but I am unable to find how you do that, although the receiver information states "IPTV" ready!
Any pointers?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Matt33

manic01
01-03-2018, 03:50 PM
It will be down to what image you have on it.

Matt33
02-03-2018, 01:52 PM
My software on the Protek 9900LX is Open atv 6.1 and I understand is an Enigma 2 receiver. I have downloaded an IPTV plug in application so far. I am now trying to download a list with Putty software to connect to the receiver!
I find it very complicated!!!

Matt33
02-03-2018, 04:25 PM
I have downloaded an IPTV plugin from the official software list on the Protek receiver and looks very good, however, so far, I have been unable to download my list of channels into it. I must have to do something in the Protek receiver interface?
I have also try the software Putty as per youtube link below but I don't see anything different in the Protek receiver.
I will keep investigating what is going on!
Take care,
Matt33
N.B. here is a good link to Enigma 2 IPTV software
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_AvysA8A80