PDA

View Full Version : 27.5 West guide

gerryh
30-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Just been reading the 27.5 west guide.
Whilst doing what is specified in the guide should the TV be connected to the VU+ box?
Sorry if it's a dumb question but I am very new at this.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
30-05-2018, 10:31 PM
yes , because otherwise you wont be able to see the onscreen menus or anything else

connecting the VU to a tv or monitor wont make any difference to actually using or modifying the vu , but it would be foolish to not connect it

it would be very rare to work on a box that is not connected to a tv by either scart or by hdmi lead or something similar

I would suggest you always connect the following

a tv by either hdmi or composite or scart lead
an ethernet connection from the box back to the router (unless using wi fi)
mains power to the box or via a power adaptor
satellite connection by coaxial cable

gerryh
31-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the reply.
Cheers
Gerry

gerryh
31-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Got everything connected as suggested.
Working my way through the install script.
Got to the "download the oscam-ymod ipk for vix or blackhole below
put ipk file on a usb stick plug it in to your box
it will then prompt to install it"
When I plugged the usb stick in nothing appeared to happen.
Checked to see if the correct file was on the usb stick and, I believe, it is.
Where should I see the prompt?
On the TV just got a VU+ logo and a "loading...." message in the bottom right hand corner. Which it has been after going the initial box setup for language etc.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
31-05-2018, 12:05 PM
I load Oscam by FTP'ing the file, into the TMP folder, then installing it using the receivers menu option, of manually installing IPK file.

You can use the VUCC, VU+ Control Centre:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168091-VuCC-Vu-Control-Centre-V0-8

Personally I downloaded Filezilla, a free FTP program.

Once you have started up Filezilla, or other FTP program, you need to connect to your VU+ receiver, you do this by connecting your VU+ to your router, either via an ethernet cable, ow using a wireless option.
You then need to locate your receivers assigned IP address, go into the menu, look for Network, and IP address.
On your PC go to Filezilla and enter the IP Address in the Host box, in Username enter root, leave the password empty, then click QuickConnect, if you've entered everything correctly you should see the VU+ folders on the right and your PC's files on the left.
Now you just send the Oscam file to the TMP folder, go to your receiver, enter the menu, and select manual install of IPK files.

If experiencing problems please post more detailed information, including model of your VU+ receiver and the image/version you have installed.

gerryh
02-06-2018, 12:01 PM
Sorry to be dense but I can't see a "select manual install of IPK files" option in the menu on my VU+ ZERO receiver.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
02-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Can you please post what image you have loaded.
Try going into the menu and look for Information, or About.

Can you please confirm that you have the older VU+ Zero, and not the newer VU+ Zero 4K.

gerryh
02-06-2018, 01:40 PM
I have loaded the enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-ymodv18-56_blackhole_all.ipk image but I cant see anywhere in the Menu, Information or about anyway of installing the file.
Yes I have the VU+ ZERO receiver.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
02-06-2018, 01:51 PM
Try pressing the green, followed by the yellow, buttons on your remote.

You seem unable, or unwilling, to tell us what image you have loaded, on your receiver, so I don't know your menu options.
Have you bought this receiver yourself, or is it part of a deal, already set up for you, by a third party?
Have you read the set up guides, posted by Lee, from Goldwafers?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169821-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Zero

How expert are you, with Enigma 2 receivers?

gerryh
02-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Answering your last question first, first time I have ever tried using an Enigma2 receiver.
I bought it off **** the seller said it was as it was when it left the factory.
I will look at the link you posted.
All I have tried so far is https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide
Sorry no idea what image is loaded or how I find out what it is.
Sorry to be a pillock.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
02-06-2018, 02:19 PM
If it's as it is, from the factory, it will probably just be loaded with the original VU+ image:

http://vuplus.com/sub/main.php

http://code.vuplus.com/

You should really load a different image, like Black Hole, Open Black Hole, Open Vix, or other, try to find out which works best with opening the channels on 27.5W.
If you do this you will lose all your current data.
You can back up your channel list, and Bouquets, using software like dreamboxedit.

The VU+ Zero was never really designed as a stand alone receiver, more as a second, networked, receiver, so it hasn't got the power, or capabilities, of some of the other receivers, it can't even run the full KODI.
You can check its components on the VU+ website, scroll to the bottom, of the link, to the table comparing various VU+ receivers:

http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0102.php

gerryh
02-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Don't really have any data an it hasn't been set up for any channel list etc.
The reason I bought it, is solely to receive Intelsat 27.5W.
Cost €99 of that well known ******* site.
I have seen them on sale for €250 ready set up to receive 27.5 W which they do very well.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Read the top two sticky threads, in the VU+ Solo2 section, and see which image is recommended:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?714-Vu-Solo2-Help-Section

echelon
02-06-2018, 04:06 PM
remember that you can only use a VU ZERO image on a vu zero, not a solo 2 image, although the setups will be the same

these boxes are not for beginners and you need to start from scratch like MICKHA told you, starting by loading an image of choice, usually blackhole or openvix (as a factory image may not do what you require), then take it from there by following all the guides

these boxes are not plug and play boxes but I dont see why it cannot do the job required by you on 27.5 west, once it has been fully set up

pressing the menu key and going into the "about" or "information" parts should tell you what is currently loaded

I have moved this thread to the VU ZERO help forum seeing as the box is actually a ZERO, but those guides in the vu solo2 forum are useful guides for setting up the box which is what I have told you previously in your original vu zero thread

you can read and possibly follow various guides in the VU forums, dreambox forums and the catseyes E2 settings file (channel list) forum , plus various emulator (emu) forums on here like oscam , cccam etc

gerryh
02-06-2018, 04:41 PM
"these boxes are not for beginners"
Many a true word as I am now finding out the hard way.
I shall persevere, following the excellent advice I have received so far.
Thanks
for all the advice I have received so far.
Cheers
Gerry

dave1234
04-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Hi Gerry pity you didn't use a Technomate 5402 M3 (£89) I think. Just a patch by usb stick that has the BISS key included from TM community website. Then a feed scan on 27w tp 11495 V and thats it!

gerryh
04-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Hi dave
I have one of those boxes which I have been using for the last 4(?) years.
Seen a VU+ ZERO box demonstrated which had the full EPG displayed, could record up to 6 programmes at the same time and to record a future programme just needed to click record on it when displayed in the EPG for whenever the programme was scheduled up to a week ahead.
The VU+ box ready set up costs €250, I bought the bare box for €99.
If I could do those things with the TM box I wouldn't be trying to use a VU+ box.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
04-06-2018, 05:00 PM
it was a fair comment with nobody knowing the background

I would have thought that you cannot put a HDD inside a VU ZERO , so that would be extra expense on top of the purchase price of the zero , which is one reason why I (and my lad as well) use a VU SOLO2 with an internal HDD for recordings and a rear usb stick to store the EPG data (although I mean for 28.2e here in the UK and not for 27.5w , but its the same principle)

however, once you have installed BH or VIX and followed the instructions for the particular image you have chosen I see no reason for it not to work as described, assuming you can add a HDD and possibly add a usb stick too ? (you cannot record without the expence of a HDD)

try the latest BH or VIX for a start , add the catseyes channel list for E2 boxes, and oscam etc

also do the online software update once it has been installed, using the menus , so its the latest version, then tell us which image you have used including the exact version number , displayed in the ABOUT section in the main menu

if you wish to do it on the cheap, thats fine , but like a lot of DIY there are learning curves and tools required , as I found out 10 years ago when getting my first dreambox , lol

gerryh
04-06-2018, 05:18 PM
I already have a USB HDD that I am using with my TM box.
Yes I know I'm trying to do it on the cheap but sometimes I enjoy a challenge.
But I appreciate all the help I'm getting from those of you who have been through the learning curve.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
04-06-2018, 05:40 PM
fair enough , although you may find the usb hdd needs to be reformatted by the image on your VU, which may render it useless for anything else due to the type of partitioning and formatting being used on it by the VU linux box

the more info you provide, the better the advice being given , and the less confusion

forget this hdd for now, follow what I said earlier , get that right first, then deal with the hdd

gerryh
04-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Might be a day or two before I get chance to have another go at my VU+ box.
My wife doesn't always appreciate me disconnecting the TM box, so she can't watch her favourite programmes, and connecting the VU box in it's place. :)
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
04-06-2018, 06:44 PM
just thought I would test these on my vu solo 2, running image BH v3.0.5 (menu , information , about) using various emus and the latest keys by INFORMED from here , plus a 2018 catseye channel list, plus some of the files from the sticky threads in the vu solo2 discussion forum here on pimps

testing in cccam 2.30 I got nothing at all (no decryption)

testing in mgcamd v1.38 the following worked ok

SD - BBC 1 England - OK
SD - BBC 1 Scotland - OK
SD - BBC 1 NI - OK
SD - BBC 1 Wales - OK
SD - BBC 2 England - OK
SD - BBC 4 - OK
SD - BBC NEWS - OK
SD - CBBC - OK
SD - CBEEBIES - OK
SD - BBC Parliament - OK
SD - BBC Red Button - OK
SD - Film 4 + 1 - failed

HD - BBC 1 HD - failed
HD - BBC 2 HD - failed
HD - ITV 1 HD - failed
HD - CH 4 HD - failed
HD - CH 5 HD - failed
HD - STV HD - failed
HD - UTV HD - failed
HD - BBC 4 HD - failed

I suspect that any failures are down to not having a correct ID or lamedb file or whatever and something needs correcting , but I never understood those corrections from those sticky threads in the vu solo 2 forum some 4 years ago

I tested oscam ymod and that didnt work

I then tested my current oscam which is version r11398 , most of the ones that were ok in mgcamd also worked in oscam11398 but only from a feed off the net, not locally , so MGCAMD worked for me

so I still need to figure out how to open some of them but the ones that worked should help you

I havent tried openvix but you should find that works ok as an image too

ps:- reading your last post , ideally you could do with a twin or quad output lnb so you can have a test feed and not disturb the technomate feed until you are ready

you dont need a sat feed to reprogram your vu , you only need a sat feed to test it when complete

edit

just tested openvix hades and almost all opened on 27.5w using mgcamd v1.38 and the latest usr keys by informed

echelon
04-06-2018, 09:48 PM
I have been using notepad++ to edit my lamedb channel file and this is my up to date working list with mgcamd v1.38 (I got oscam and oscam ymod working but less channels opened for some reason)

SD - BBC 1 England - OK
SD - BBC 1 Scotland - OK
SD - BBC 1 NI - OK
SD - BBC 1 Wales - OK
SD - BBC 2 England - OK
SD - BBC 4 - OK
SD - BBC NEWS - OK
SD - CBBC - OK
SD - CBEEBIES - OK
SD - BBC Parliament - OK
SD - BBC Red Button - OK
SD - Film 4 + 1 - failed

HD - BBC 1 HD - OK
HD - BBC 2 HD - OK
HD - ITV 1 HD - OK
HD - CH 4 HD - OK
HD - CH 5 HD - OK
HD - STV HD - failed
HD - UTV HD - failed
HD - BBC 4 HD - failed

the list on page 9 here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide/page9 has the details included that need to be placed into the lamedb file as detailed on page 1 in that thread, plus the other files etc

kota
06-06-2018, 11:00 AM
your findings are correct and up-to-date. Film 4+1 has stopped broadcasting not too long ago, BBC4 HD was on last year for a couple of months but now off and STV HD and UTV HD were never actually there as such but only as data.

Satcat
06-06-2018, 12:29 PM
I still have Film4+1 working. I don't understand why, but I just tried rescanning that sat and it didn't work. Before doing so I did a backup, and when I reloaded the backup it worked again.

felix dias
07-06-2018, 11:36 PM
I have a DM500HD with image openpli
I would like to see BBC's channels at 27.5ºW.
Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance

echelon
08-06-2018, 02:58 PM
I have a DM500HD with image openpli
I would like to see BBC's channels at 27.5ºW.
Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance

same advice to you as in this thread and in the linked thread from the VU SOLO2 sticky threads

try altering your lamedb file to the published parameters and try using mgcamd and/or oscam as emus to open those channels by using the required keys by INFORMED in the correct folders (assuming it can be done on a Dreambox)

its the same info for all these linux boxes, so if the box is capable you use the same files and same info etc

felix dias
08-06-2018, 07:49 PM
I will try.

Many thanks echelon for the precious help

felix dias
10-06-2018, 12:33 AM
I only managed to open 3 channels: BBC NEWS, BBC BUTTON, CBeebies,

and only with Ccam and oscam-emu.

echelon
10-06-2018, 03:23 PM
well , thats a start , so you now need to check the idents on the lamedb file and set them to the parameters listed in that other thread, for the rest of the channels that I said are open on 27.5w

ie:- if you can open 3 , then the rest should work, if the data is correct , so I suspect your lamedb file needs more work

felix dias
14-06-2018, 12:00 AM
What is the best image to watch BBC-27.5w channels on DMB 900HD?

felix dias
21-06-2018, 11:00 AM
Someone managed to "open" the channels:

****** Alba
****** BBC RB0
****** BBC FOUR HD
****** STV HD
****** UTV HD

lacierva
22-06-2018, 05:51 PM
I still have Film4+1 working. I don't understand why, but I just tried rescanning that sat and it didn't work. Before doing so I did a backup, and when I reloaded the backup it worked again.

film4+1 still working for me

viaccess2
23-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Hi there
solo2 working well with oscam Ymode is it possible use DM900 and open that channels any specific image for DM900 I did try DreamElite no success

gerryh
23-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Just been having another go at following the 27.5 West guide.
If I restart my box a get a Black Hole logo followed by a VU+ logo.
The VU+ screen shows "loading" in the bottom RH corner.
Menu/information/ About shows:-
"Version 2018-03-30-vuplus_experimental
Image Experimental 2017-03-02"
Followed the instructions:-
"download the oscam-ymod ipk for vix or blackhole below
it will then prompt to install it"
Downloaded the blackhole ipk and copied it to my USB stick.
plugged it into my box but didn't get any prompt to install it.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
23-07-2018, 04:25 PM
ftp it to your tmp folder on the box and use the menu to install it , by choosing the ipk installer option and choosing the file in the tmp folder

gerryh
23-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Sorry to be thick but how do I choose the ipk installer in the menu.?
Been through the Menu options I have but can't find a ipk installer option.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
23-07-2018, 08:54 PM
press the green button and look through the various options (yellow)

or , MENU , ADDONS

gerryh
24-07-2018, 07:19 AM
Thanks for your patience.
Pressing the green button doesn't give me any options.
ADDONS is not an option in MENU
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
24-07-2018, 09:27 AM
If I restart my box a get a Black Hole logo followed by a VU+ logo.
The VU+ screen shows "loading" in the bottom RH corner.
Menu/information/ About shows:-
Cheers
Gerry

In Black Hole, and Open Black Hole, 2 slightly different images, the green button, on your remote, brings up the green panel, then you press the yellow button, to bring up the addons menu options.
Looking at an earlier post, you mention going into the menu, selecting about, and getting the image version.
I think that information shows that you still have the official VU+ image loaded, can you please confirm this information, and the fact that you have the VU+ Zero.
The original VU+ Zero, not the VU+ Zero 4K, was not really intended as a stand alone receiver, as it hasn't got the hardware to do many things, like KODI, but is capable of loading addons, and opening 27.5W.

gerryh
24-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Yes I do have a VU+ Zero box, I want to use it solely for 27.5W.
Yes Menu/information/ About shows:-
So, how do I change the image to what it should be?
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
24-07-2018, 12:09 PM
There are many image choices, but you load a new image using a USB stick, formatted to FAT 32, check the excellent guides, by Lee, from Goldwafers:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169821-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Zero

I'm not sure which image is best, for 27.5W.

gerryh
24-07-2018, 12:43 PM
I looked at that guide before and did what it said, but I obviously didn't leave the USB stick connected long enough to fully flash the box.Box now flashes and I have Blackhole 3.0.5 image installed.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
24-07-2018, 01:24 PM
mine have BH 3.05 on them (which I updated to version L last night after replying), so my comments were about blackhole, each image has its own particular menus so when asking a question its important to mention the image installed as well, menu , about to find out all the details

I always FTP files to tmp, then use the ipk installer from the menus to install them

gerryh
24-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Working my way through the 27.5 West guide.
I deleted oscam.conf instead of just deleting the contents.
How to I get oscam.conf back?
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
24-07-2018, 02:07 PM
reinstall the ipk is one way, probably the quickest way too

or get an old config from the net and ftp it over after editing it in notepad++ (not notepad)

gerryh
25-07-2018, 10:00 AM
I re installed the Blackhole ipk and FTP'd the camscript folders to /usr
Looked in /etc/tuxbox but there isn't a config folder there any more.
Help
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
25-07-2018, 05:47 PM
try the uninstall option to remove oscam completely, then ftp the BH oscam ipk to tmp and install using the installer

if all else fails, download the BH version of oscam , then use 7zip or peazip to extract the folders and ftp them into place, plus modify them as required using notepad++ BEFORE ftp,ing them into place

gerryh
25-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Can't find an uninstall option.
Or do you mean the factory reset option?
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
25-07-2018, 08:12 PM
If you press the green button, followed by the yellow button, you should see the addons uninstall option.

echelon
25-07-2018, 08:52 PM
thought we had already covered the addons menu and sub menus , including the green followed yellow buttons

addons is also available from the main menu

you need to get to grips with the BH image and its various menus

oscam is an addon , so you install it (add it) or uninstall it (remove it) from the addons menu

gerryh
26-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Please accept my apologies for not understanding. I am new to this area of computing.
To me, BH looks like a new operating system, I did not appreciate that it is just an addon.
Had a look at the addons menus and can see a "addons uninstal panel" but when I select it , it is empty.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
26-07-2018, 10:08 AM
When you select your Cams, by pressing the Blue Button, how many do you have installed?

gerryh
26-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Just one, oscam
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
26-07-2018, 12:14 PM
You have 1 installed by default, Common Interface, if you had Oscam, or any other Cam installed, it would state 2, or more.
I would advise you start from the beginning, re-install Black Hole, then using Filezilla connect to your receiver.
To do this you need to find your receiver IP Address, you can do this via the menu, Network, Adapter Settings.
Can you please tell us if you selected the Oscam emu, after installation, by pressing the Blue button, using the left/right arrow keys, < >, to scroll to it and pressed the OK button?

gerryh
26-07-2018, 12:23 PM
How do I re-install Black Hole?
Do I have to uninstall it first, which I don't seem to be able to do as stated in an earlier message.
No I didn't select Oscam emu
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
26-07-2018, 12:48 PM
You just re-load it, using your USB stick, this overwrites everything, providing you don't select the use backup option.
Once installed, and set up, go into the menu and locate the Network menu, and Adapter Settings, this will show you your receivers IP Address, make a note of it.
Next download Filezilla, or use the VU+ Control Centre:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168091-VuCC-Vu-Control-Centre-V0-8

Filezilla is a free FTP program, File Transfer Protocol, you enter your receiver IP Address in Host, root in username, this is the default username, and click on the Quick Connect option.

Once connected you should see your receivers files on the right, your PC's files on the left.
Find the Oscam Emu and drag it into the tmp folder, on the right.
You can then go to your receiver, press the Green, followed by the Yellow buttons and manually install it.
You have two options, one for .ipk files, the other for .tgz files, which are for Black Hole.

Once installed your receiver might re-start, you then press the Blue butt, use the < > keys, on the centre of your remote, to select the installed Oscam emu, then press OK.

Please post back, with updates, or if you have any problems.
I should be home around 6 P.M., but others will help you.

gerryh
26-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Sorry to be really dense but where do I find the Oscam Emu?
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
26-07-2018, 06:00 PM
VU+ Files section, then Emus:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?515-Emus

It might be wise to read the 27.5W guide, from the beginning:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide

echelon
26-07-2018, 07:14 PM
for clarity

Blackhole , Openvix , Openpli , openATV etc are operating systems using linux

these are like windows , android or the MACos on various other devices

addons like oscam , cccam etc are like apps or programs , installed into the OS and not a part of it

THE PROCEDURES TO INSTALL AN OS LIKE BH FROM A USB STICK ARE IN THE STICKY THREADS IN THE VARIOUS VU FORUMS HERE , same procedures no matter which VU box you own

I am using BH 3.05 and updated it using its menus to version L for Lucy , on a VU duo2 and a VU solo2

there are various oscams you can install, some with configs and others without configs, which is why we asked about if you were using oscam ymod or something else , the oscam ymod for BH should be installed (or any oscam for BH) as I mentioned earlier using the IPK installer from menu addons or green - yellow which is another way to access the same menu

the coloured buttons have various presses , short , long , double tap etc to access different functions

FTP programs like filezilla can be used on a pc to ftp files over

NOTEPAD++ can be used on a pc to edit config files before transferring, or if overwriting (by FTP)

7zip or Peazip can be used on a pc to extract these compressed files like the ipk ones

dreamboxedit or dreamset can be used on a pc to transfer channel lists like catseyes lists

DCC can be used for various functions (Dreambox Control Centre)

although you have a VU, its like an up to date dreambox, hence why the word dreambox crops up a lot

hope these explanations help

gerryh
26-07-2018, 07:25 PM
I have read the 27.5W guide several times.
Does not mean I understand it or know why or how each of the steps work.
I have tried to follow the instructions as written.
Can't find any reference to Oscam Emu in the guide.
Had a look at https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?515-Emus but not sure which version of the Emu files I should install for BH 3.0.5L
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
26-07-2018, 07:34 PM
the first link post #2 has an attachment which is oscam and labelled for BH , so always use oscam for BH if BH is installed (common sense) - it also explains the different things to do depending if BH , VIX or PLI images are used

do NOT use vix or pli files if using BH

that link from mickha was https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide , so read post #2 carefully

the top sticky thread in your link above has the BH oscam emus in it , my post #8 in that thread also mentioned ftp`ing the ipk file to tmp and using the addon installer in the menu to install it

bear in mind that some oscam installers only install the bin file, and dont contain the config files

others will include EVERYTHING

i ALSO POSTED SOME BASIC OSCAM FILES SOME TIME AGO IN THE OSCAM FORUM, for beginners

getting your head around oscam is a separate topic and not specifically for channels on 27.5w

the person who posted that 27.5w guide probably thinks those following it already know the basics on image installation (the OS like BH or whatever)and also oscam installation and usage too

and as mickha correctly says , when you install the OS there is one emu listed , the CI for the common interface (for when a cam is plugged in)

installing oscam will mean 2 options are available , using left and right arrows , adding mgcamd would create a third option, etc (you can also choose NONE as well)

if using oscam-ymod then that name should pop up, whereas using a different oscam may use another onscreen name, like plain old oscam

when replying , you should be telling us the image installed and version number (like BH 3.05L), and the oscam and version installed as an addon , plus it needs to be selected and saved (pressing the blue button allows you to find and select it in BH)

I have edited that post #2 into BH only for you

oscam-ymod

download the oscam-ymod ipk for blackhole below
it will then prompt to install it

EDIT, or ftp to tmp and install using menu - addons - ipk installer

ftp to /etc/tuxbox/config
and delete everything inside these 3 files
oscam.conf
oscam.user
oscam.server

and replace with data below
nothing needs to be in oscam.server for 27.5 to work

download THE LATEST oscam.keys
and ftp to /etc/tuxbox/config

restart oscam on your image
go to a 27.5 west channel

if you get no picture
go to your plugin openwebif
enable yes
authentication no
port 80
restart enigma2

once working i show how to lock that down
with port of your choice

==========================

felix dias
26-07-2018, 11:22 PM
I see some BBC channels with 6.2 openpli on DM900HD just using only Cccam2.3.2

gerryh
27-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Thanks for your help and explanations, much appreciated.Today's daft question.
How do I restart oscam?
Had a look through the menus and couldn't find a specific "restart oscam"
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
27-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Press the Blue button, select Oscam, and press the OK button.
Or do you mean restart your receiver, or GUI, Generated User Interface, both options are in the shut down menu.

gerryh
28-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Thanks. I needed to restart oscam. I was aware of the two in the shut down menu
I think I have fallowed the instructions correctly but when a select BBC1, a 27.5W channel, I get information about the channel and then a blank screen.
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
28-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Which version, or versions, of Oscam have you got loaded on your receiver?
When you press the Blue button, on your remote, what information shows up?

Personally I never watch British television so I haven't bothered looking at 27.5W, or installing the necessary keys.

Can you please post a detailed guide, od what you've done so far, so that other members, viewing 27.5W, on a VU+ receiver, can help you.

echelon
28-07-2018, 11:37 AM
all the various steps need to have been followed, including transferring the various files into various places, using chmod to alter them to read/write from read only (755 from 644) , using the latest oscam keys from a file by "informed" after placing said file in the correct folder on the VU

mgcamd v1.38 can also be used instead of oscam, but again the correct files by "informed" need to be in the correct place (the keys)

failure to do everything correctly will mean a blank screen even if the correct 27.5w sat and transponder etc are used

so ensure those 4 bbc altered files have been transferred to the bin folder and chmod to 755

the latest catseye channel list may also help, because certain tweaks are used to make this hack work

that is why that 27.5w guide is so complicated , plus it was written some time ago so some files may have been superceded

so name and version of image being used ?
name and version of oscam being used ? (also that it is selected under the blue button)
date of the keys file being used and the location it was transferred to ?

that the 4 bbc files were transferred to the bin folder and chmod to 755 (change the attributes)

the name and date of the channel list that was installed using dreamset or dreamboxedit ?

that any other steps were also followed

gerryh
28-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the reply, been out most of today.
Must confess that I don't understand most of what you are saying.
My fault not yours.

so name and version of image being used ?
Blackhole 3.0.5.L

name and version of oscam being used ? (also that it is selected under the blue button)
Using the blue button it says that there are 3 cams installed
Oscam-Emu11233
Oscam
Oscam11233
Pressing the OK button on each one in turn, to restart them, gives a black screen when I select BBC1 on for each of them.

date of the keys file being used and the location it was transferred to ?
The key files are dated 12/12/2014 which are the latest Biss codes which I succesfully use on my Technomate STB.
Key file located in /etc/tuxbox/config

that the 4 bbc files were transferred to the bin folder and chmod to 755 (change the attributes)
Sorry but what 4 bbc files and wherev is the bin folder?

the name and date of the channel list that was installed using dreamset or dreamboxedit ?
Once again what channel list?
I'm using Dreambox Control Center

Once again I repeat I appreciate your help and I apologise for my lack of knowledge in this area.

Cheers
Gerry

echelon
28-07-2018, 04:23 PM
whilst those keys and keyfile may still work, you do appreciate its a 4 year old file and the latest posted keys on this forum are the dreambox keys posted as by INFORMED yesterday I believe ?

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide shows the 4 bbc files and I have now just highlighted them in orange

then it says this

use dreambox control centre
send all four files to /usr/bin
right click each file select attributes
tick 755
click ok

so it says put them in usr/bin , this means go to var/bin or usr/bin on the vu and transfer them over, then chmod them to 755 as it clearly states

I have just highlighted those instructions in the colour plum

your VU does not come with a channel list and neither does the blackhole image , and so you need to install one, there were several ways of doing this, the usual method is people install the one by catseyes by downloading it and installing it using dreamboxedit or dreamset , but other people may install one using the plugins menu and getting one from the BH website - various options to do this

this also gives you an up to date channel list file called lamedb which is mentioned in that old guide (so that file is an old file if you obtained it from that 4 year old post - the latest catseyes list has the latest lamedb file - however, you might decide to put in the amended catseye channel list settings for enigma2 file I posted some time ago in the enigma 2 settings forum

ie:- you have not told us how and why your box has a channel list (enigma 2 settings folder) installed

DCC is not used for installing a channel list , dreamset or dreamboxedit are

have you looked at the latest dreambox key files by informed on here ? (posted by powercisco)

have you looked in the enigma 2 settings forum on here and looked at the catseye sticky thread ?

perhaps you should ?

gerryh
28-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Thanks again for your reply and patience.
I will work my way through your reply.
Cheers
Gerry

gerryh
28-07-2018, 07:36 PM
the usual method is people install the one by catseyes by downloading it

Sorry to be dense yet again but I searched this site for user catseyes and couldn't find any posts.

Cheers
Gerry

Detlef
28-07-2018, 07:51 PM
the usual method is people install the one by catseyes by downloading it

Sorry to be dense yet again but I searched this site for user catseyes and couldn't find any posts.

Cheers
Gerry

There you go:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?722-Enigma-Settings-Section

Search failed because you spelt his monika wrongly :D

gerryh
28-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Hi Detlef
OOPS!
Thanks for the link.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
28-07-2018, 11:29 PM
I seemed to have added an S where it shouldnt be

so bear in mind we give you general guidance as to what to use etc, but the names may be slightly different and files and emus and settings and images etc may be scattered in different places on this forum , could be in settings , could be in emus , could be in images for your box , could be in the keys sections

and your box can have various images and files installed, but a lot of it crosses all borders between dreamboxes, VU boxes , Zgemma boxes etc , probably other linux based boxes too. this isnt a simple box with one image , one set of keys , one this , one that or one the other

its an adaptable box that can be multi layered and have several ways to do a particular job , so the catseye channel list may be able to be installed from the addons from the BH server and listed under settings or similar, as well as using the channel editoprs on a laptop

so blue , yellow , addons download manager , black hole settings , catseye E2 settings april (Black Hole E2) will also install the catseye channel list, which is why I asked you which channel list you had installed and from where, seeing as there several available , the catseye ones are a good place to start (but others like vhannibal are also available)

gerryh
29-07-2018, 09:29 AM
So what you are saying is it isn't easy for a total beginner like me to set up a VU+ Zero box to receive BBC channels etc via Intelast 907, 27.5W?
Has anybody on this forum actually done what I am trying to do?
Cheers
Gerry

Mickha
29-07-2018, 10:04 AM
The VU+ Zero is an Enigma 2 receiver, which takes a bit of work, at first, bu it's very similar to the VU+ Solo 2, and the guide shows you that it can be done.
What you need to do is take it one step at a time, you've already learned how to load an image, use a FTP program, Filezilla, and load Cams.
Now you just need to learn how to edit/replace files, using Filezilla, and change attributes.
It's actually more simple than you think, and just takes a little patience.
For example changing a folder to 755, all you need to do is navigate to the files, using Filezilla, right click and select File Attributes/File permissions, change it to 755 and click OK.

I would advise you to make your own guide, as you progress, so that you can refer back, at for future use.

Start a new word do***ent, and type a step by step guide, in your own words, that you can understand, and keep adding to it, as you learn new things.

echelon
29-07-2018, 02:28 PM
So what you are saying is it isn't easy for a total beginner like me to set up a VU+ Zero box to receive BBC channels etc via Intelast 907, 27.5W?
Has anybody on this forum actually done what I am trying to do?
Cheers
Gerry

your assumptions are probably correct , but yes lots of people have done what you are trying to do, they all started somewhere

my view is that you are like somebody at flight training school, who bought a plane and has promised to fly it from glasgow to the south of france in time for the monaco grand prix, with 3 months to learn to fly it, but until this point you have only flown as a passenger in one , or serviced one as a mechanic

the steps you are trying to do are large topics in their own right , I assume that when you learned to drive you did not do it in a day or even in a few weeks, but it was a step by step process of both learning the highway code, learning to navigate , learning the controls on the vehicle , reading road signs , avoiding other road users , such that eventually , months or years later, you passed your test

even at that point you werent a formula one driver yet you are taking a testarossa out on a track day a few days after passing your test and dreaming of being lewis hamilton

my point ? its hard enough to set up an unfamiliar linux box to get say BBC1 HD by installing an OS image , installing a channel list like the catseye E2 list , setting up usals , then you try and open a few channels with cccam and mgcamd and oscam , thereby learning the ropes with emus , then trying biss keys etc

you also have to use the menu button and sub menus , the coloured buttons that give various sub menus , learning what addons do what jobs and why

then you have to learn to use DCC , DREAMBOXEDIT or DREAMSET , Vu Control Centre ; FTP programs , Notepad++ , etc

once you have mastered each of those stages , the instructions for 27.5w and the replies given start to make sense

members here tend to reply on the basis that somebody has learned the ABC (Accelerator , Brake , Clutch) of the box they have bought and are looking to improve their basic skills to a higher level, which on linux boxes tends to mean understanding some linux commands etc , learning and using specific programs for windows pc,s , and navigating forums like pimps to find the various information and files etc that are required

even seasoned linux box users were getting bogged down with these channels which was why that guide was written a few years ago , it was intended to get people from intermediate stage up to a higher level (probably not beginners)

I checked my vu solo 2 yesterday on 27.5w and those channels opened in oscam and mgcamd as well (but not cccam)

I also know it took me a while to get my head around it 4 years ago , plus I have owned a dreambox for over 10 years so didnt start from the beginning

the VU boxes are superb, but the level of knowledge required is much higher than say a simpler spiderbox or a technomate or icecrypt

nb:- this is the warning on the goldwafers website about boxes like yours

Please Note: This box is offered for sale to competent enthusiasts with knowledge of networking, FTP, and Telnet/SSH.

gerryh
29-07-2018, 06:33 PM
Hi echelon
Thanks for your post.
You sum up my situation very well.
Yes I am trying to run before I have learnt to walk and I am getting very frustrated with myself that I can't learn all I need instantly.
I shall plod on trying to understand the steps that I need to enable me to watch BBC progs etc that are transmitted from the Intelsat 907 satellite.
I now realise it isn't easy and simple.
Hopefully I might get it sorted out before the satellite gets replaced, I understand it is near the end of it's life.
BBC might not pay to use the services of the new satellite as their programmes are only there for backup purposes and unless you know the BISS codes then you can't receive them.
Anyway many thanks to all of you who have tried to help me.
Cheers
Gerry

echelon
29-07-2018, 06:52 PM
no problem, but start from the ground up

image installation and updating to the latest version by using the menus - CHECK
NETWORKING setup from your router - check
install a catseye channel list or similar list and try it on say 28.2 east , 13 east or 19 east etc first

install mgcamd v1.38 for your chosen image and select it in the sub menu under blue (altering its various files accordingly)
copy the latest keys into various folders like the keys folder using an FTP program

now try a biss type channel like maybe on 10 east and get it to open in mgcamd

try a test C line or N line in mgcamd and check you open the associated channels

then try installing cccam and follow the same path as in mgcamd

then install an oscam and follow the same path as mgcamd

you can install all 3 emus (or more) and switch between them using the blue button in BH

finally, when you can try various sats under FTA channels and then under biss etc (and maybe C line or N line ones too), are you ready to try the ones on 27.5w

in other words I had already learned to do most of the above from 2008 to 2014 when the 27.5w guide was published
and even then it took some head scratching before I opened those biss channels on 27.5w

I seem to remember that even the channel list lame.db file (or some other file) had to have some idents altered and the discussion threads about this went on for quite a while (and you MAY find that the catseye list wont work without any adaptation , cant remember now , but its deffo complicated as that thread and the explanations point out)

so assemble the various tools and files we told you about

get comfortable using ftp and telnet etc , and changing attributes (chmod) on files , so you get the gist

get used to stopping and starting the box using telnet as described in that guide

but you are correct, rome wasnt built in a day and I think the 27.5w channels are a step too far until you have mastered the basics and successfully opened other channels proving that you have learned the ABC and beyond

good luck