PDA

View Full Version : 5 west /mutant 51 channel problem

JOE.MADDISON
05-09-2018, 11:48 AM
have changed the tuner to new -sx tuner,but italian/french channels are not found,do i need some add on

Mickha
05-09-2018, 12:44 PM
The S2X tuner also is supposed to cover DVB-S, and DVB-S2, so you shouldn't need anything extra.
What image do you have loaded?
Have you checked the satellites.xml file?
How have you got the tuner configured?
Try manual scans setting the correct transponder details.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-5-West-A.html

JOE.MADDISON
05-09-2018, 05:24 PM
open vix..tried scanning the it/streams,got no channels found,tried blindscan box went loopy,found no channels,,carried out factory reset,without backup wizard set up tuner scanned 5w and all streams loaded ok.so...???

Mickha
05-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Did all channels, and streams, on 5W, scan in?
Do you have a fixed dish, on 5W?
You might need to change your image, or update it, but if everything is now working I'd leave it.

JOE.MADDISON
05-09-2018, 06:53 PM
motorized dish,all channels and streams are in,updated ok,mutant is slave one of the quad outputs off dish

aquablue
06-09-2018, 03:26 AM
Hardly any Italian channels here Can anyone help me I managed to find 5 West and have a strong signal but few Italian channels (no Rai etc) Whenever I use the satmeter on the receiver to check any Rai frequencies (such as 12.543 H) it sees nothing at all - no signal i.e. no signal I'm using an 80cm dish and a good LNB

I was wondering if a bigger dish may be needed for the standard Italian channels such as those on 12.543 for instance (if the beam is focused more south)

Any ideas where I'm going wrong appreciated

BTW I recently did a factory reset but the box must be at least six years old possibly older TM-SINGLE

Many thanks

Paul

Mickha
06-09-2018, 07:00 AM
These channels are Multistream, you need a special receiver, to be able to scan them in, and view them.
Please check the link.

https://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-5-West-A.html
Try an internet search for satellite Multistream viewing.

aquablue
06-09-2018, 06:41 PM
Tanks very much Mickha I will research Multi stream as you suggest May I just ask if one buys a multi stream receiver would one get a channel such as Rai Uno in the clear or would it be necessary to subscribe to such a service or otherwise need additional facilities to view such a service

What I am asking in essence is if I buy a multi stream receiver is that it e.g. would I have all I need to view such services or is additional equipment software and or subscriptions etc be needed

thanks again for helping me get up to speed after being out for a long time :)

regards
Paul

Mickha
06-09-2018, 07:06 PM
On Lyngsat, as in the link, the channels are listed with a red F, which means FTA, Free to Air, so you should get them with the correct equipment.
JOE.MADDISON, who started this thread, can confirm if you can receive them, and the quality, of the channels.

JOE.MADDISON
06-09-2018, 09:50 PM
yes good quality,vu zero 4k good box to use sponsor sells,recommended,and channels clear,box can be set to uhd,hd or sd out

aquablue
07-09-2018, 10:22 AM
Before investing in a new box it seems sensible to rule out latest enigma 2 images /operating platforms working on my HD Technomate TM Single I have been reluctant to give it a go without advice because the overhead of the latest new platforms may be too heavy for this 400Mhz machine and I don't want to crash my only device :)

The computer side of my thinking says why should it not work whilst the practical side says it probably wont I guess I could give the software platform guys an email but I just wondered what you may think first please

regards

Paul

aquablue
07-09-2018, 10:23 AM
PS when I say "working" I mean decoding and receiving multistream services

JOE.MADDISON
07-09-2018, 10:58 AM
whatever the make of receiver if it does not have a multistream(s-x) tuner then no way can you scan in the multistream channels,some receivers have plug in tuners,which can be replaced with s-x tuners (mutant 51 is one example)as far as opening encoded channels thats another world of softcam/oscam/cccam and paid for lines.

Mickha
07-09-2018, 11:47 AM
What make/model receiver do you have?
There are other ways, to view channels, programs, including IPTV, Internet Protocol Television, and KODI, providing your broadband speed is fast enough for streaming.
You can also use a PC card, which slots into your PC, but given the falling prices, of some receivers, this might be a false economy, and it all depends on what you want to view, and how.

aquablue
08-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Thanks both of you :) have a TM Single which is an enigma running an open PLi image platform Following what Joe says I will need to go ahead and probably get the Vu + Zero 4k when I have confirmed the spec / quality and decided which image to have installed. And probably confirmed mulistream functionality wit chosen preferred platform

If anyone would like to recommend a suitable image platform for a Vu + please do and thank you

In answer to Mickha's question I am primarily experimenting with multistream and the general French and Italian channels available in that format I am looking to travel in 2020 and am particularly ken to improve my French and find TV useful in conjunction with standard lessons Also I suspect like many folk I am growing tired and weary of the usual what I would call 'dull and grey' mulch UK programming

many thanks
paul

ps cccam decoding is further down my wish list of unresolved curiosity technical issues :)

Thanks for helping me get up to speed after a break of many years :)

daxster40
10-09-2018, 05:26 PM
sorry if ive jumped on a on going thread...but is the (Mutant HD51 4K UHD H.265 HEVC DVB Twin Tuner Linux Enigma2 Multistream Digital Receiver - DVB-S/S2/S2X) technically a slightly better reciver due to the tuner been a S2X tuner . apposed to the
Vu+ Uno 4K SE,

JOE.MADDISON
10-09-2018, 07:35 PM
i use open vix on vu zero 4k and mutant 51,for streams,both ok

daxster40
11-09-2018, 06:14 AM
i use open vix on vu zero 4k and mutant 51,for streams,both ok
ive been wanting to purchase a new 4k reciver on a buget which would you recoomend the mutant 5.1 or the vu solo se 4k. thanks .

JOE.MADDISON
11-09-2018, 11:02 AM
i find the vu ZERO 4K with open vix slightly easier to use.the mutant can have a hard drive fitted inside,the vu zero 4k is a very smal box and can fit behind tv with remote ir unit(supplied)NOT VU SOLO4K,,,,,,>.VU ZERO 4K

daxster40
12-09-2018, 04:52 PM
i find the vu ZERO 4K with open vix slightly easier to use.the mutant can have a hard drive fitted inside,the vu zero 4k is a very smal box and can fit behind tv with remote ir unit(supplied)NOT VU SOLO4K,,,,,,>.VU ZERO 4K

hi sorry for confusion , im interested in these two recivers , vu solo se 4k and mustant 5.1. im undecided which one to purchase.

JOE.MADDISON
12-09-2018, 05:46 PM
the solo 4k DOES NOT have a multi-stream tuner,and does not have the latest chips