PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia shield

Wow
25-10-2018, 06:01 PM
Been reading upon the Nadia shield looks fast any body’s using one on the forum for iptv it looks exceptional peace of kit not bad lay priced neather for the spec

bonehead
03-11-2018, 12:24 PM
Been looking at one of these myself would be interesting to hear if anyone is using one too?

fred fickle
28-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Great box mine is 5 years old and still getting updates not like other Android shxx boxes.

sparky208
03-11-2019, 01:35 AM
yes i have 2 very good device

kegnkiwi
03-11-2019, 09:55 PM
Yes brillant piece of kit for iptv but if you also get the game controller it has fantastic games. Same chipset as the nintendo switch. The new 2019 is due out this month.

seagate1
05-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Yes brillant piece of kit for iptv but if you also get the game controller it has fantastic games. Same chipset as the nintendo switch. The new 2019 is due out this month.

its out now 1/3 weeks delivery.

satwyn
05-11-2019, 03:15 PM
its out now 1/3 weeks delivery.
what's new please? old v new price specs etc thanks

digicon
05-11-2019, 03:28 PM
what's new please? old v new price specs etc thanks

has the new +25% Faster SoC Tegra chip now upgraded to do Dolby Vision and Atmos Audio on both Netflix and ****** Apps

Aldo
05-11-2019, 08:57 PM
has the new +25% Faster SoC Tegra chip now upgraded to do Dolby Vision and Atmos Audio on both Netflix and ****** Apps

Here is just a little more info on the Nvidia Shield

The Nvidia Shield TV has historically been a gaming-focused media streamer, but with the introduction of the new Shield TV, that has changed. While you’ve still got access to Android games and the cloud-based GeForce Now streaming service, the 2019 Shield TV is focused on streaming movies and TV shows – and it truly excels in doing so, offering one of the most complete audio-visual experiences available from any media streamer on the market right now.

Nvidia Shield TV (2019): Specs

NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor with a 256-core NVIDIA GPU and 2 GB RAM.

8GB storage, expandable via microSD.

4K HDR ready.

HDR10 and Dolby Vision HDR support.

Dolby Atmos support.

AI-powered 4K upscaling from 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p content.

I do not have one yet, but I am seriously thinking of getting one soon.

mrdude
06-11-2019, 03:08 PM
For anyone thinking of buying the new one - I have 2 of the older ones 2015 pro version (fitted with 500GB SSD) & the 2017 version. They are great boxes and get regular updates. These new ones are good if you have a 4K TV, but if you don't I would recommend the 2015 Pro version over the 2017 version. Reason is - because it's fitted with a hard drive, it's brick proof - even if you're stuck in APX mode you can recover it, not so with the NAND based versions.

Nvidia always have sales on Black Friday & Xmas time - so if you're not in a rush wait until then to buy. Aslo in U/S the new Shield Po is $199, in UK it's £199 - that's about £40+ difference, so best to buy direct from Nvidia or from USA and get it shipped as a gift (to avoid tax).

captainglassback
06-11-2019, 03:12 PM
I have used a number of Android boxes inc 'Entertainment Boxes'. For my last purchase, (purely for IPTV uses), I compared the then NVIDIA v MINIX NEO U9-H . I settled on the Minix. Has 3GB of RAM. If you select the optional remote you can turn it over and there is a full keyboard. It is a 2017 model and it remains a firm favourite with me. (Only downside is that it will not connect to router via ethernet cable to TP Link. However wifi connection is faultless so not a problem!).

grin2
11-11-2019, 09:43 PM
Mr dude. How does that work whether you (allegedly ) receive it as a gift. Surely over a certain cost there is a customs fee.
I deliver a lot of usa parcels and apart from second hand goods the receiver normally gets a grey customs card

mrdude
12-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Mr dude. How does that work whether you (allegedly ) receive it as a gift. Surely over a certain cost there is a customs fee.
I deliver a lot of usa parcels and apart from second hand goods the receiver normally gets a grey customs card

ht*ps://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/gifts

bonehead
21-02-2020, 11:06 PM
Finally got a Shield TV box,had it for Christmas. Got most things programmed on but it won’t take BT Sport app,can’t download from Google play or if sideloading the app. Going to get a new tv tomorrow and thought I could download the app on Sony but heard it has the same problem.
I have heard you can download on a Samsung TV though,not sure I that’s right.

Great box the Shield is though so quick.

bob
14-03-2020, 03:11 PM
Nvidia Shields not doing so well right Now, not opening opening Netflix, ****** Prime and some not opening YouTube 4K content.
I have read all the rubbish written up to now, even tried some of the suggested rubbish. Then I done a complete Factory Re-set, did not resolve the problems, still not opening Netflix or ****** Prime with error HDCP. When trying to play full content, error tvq-pb-105 (5.2.5) given. ****** Prime will not play Main Content but will play trailers. Don’t waste time trying the rubbish being suggested on forums. Wound not be surprised to find the new shield (2019) is working OK, can someone confirm please.

I

seagate1
14-03-2020, 06:17 PM
ive got 2 2015 and 2019. all the things you mention open on all 3 boxes im not a member to any off them so i get the sign up. hope that helps you.

mrdude
16-03-2020, 05:31 PM
Nvidia Shields not doing so well right Now, not opening opening Netflix, ****** Prime and some not opening YouTube 4K content.
I have read all the rubbish written up to now, even tried some of the suggested rubbish. Then I done a complete Factory Re-set, did not resolve the problems, still not opening Netflix or ****** Prime with error HDCP. When trying to play full content, error tvq-pb-105 (5.2.5) given. ****** Prime will not play Main Content but will play trailers. Don’t waste time trying the rubbish being suggested on forums. Wound not be surprised to find the new shield (2019) is working OK, can someone confirm please.

I

Maybe you have an Ad blocker running on your network - all the stuff you said works on both my Shields (2015 pro 500gb + 2017 16gb versions).

waverider
23-10-2020, 08:15 PM
Can anybody please help.

How to install, EXPRESSVPN, on the Shield TV Pro.

Mickha
23-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Is this video of any use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHb7KPKIfs

bonehead
10-12-2020, 06:48 PM
Cant you look in the Google Playstore and download the app from there? Thats what I did for my VPN?

Regards,
Bonehead

A
20-12-2020, 01:56 PM
This a great box. Just using it for netflix and not much right now but really good compared to my old box or smart TV.

mrdude
20-12-2020, 04:18 PM
This a great box. Just using it for netflix and not much right now but really good compared to my old box or smart TV.

I use mine with these apps mostly:
Cracked - Music apps
Spotify
Deezer
Freezer (for downloading music in flac/320kbps - use with a mouse)

Video streaming apps:
MagellanTV (do***entaries)
Filmplus
Cyberflix
CinemaHD
Prime Video/Netflix
Youtube
ITV Hub
Pluto TV
Iplayer
Sky news
VLC (mostly used to stream videos/music/photo's from my Synology NAS)
All4 (sideloaded and use with a wireless mouse)

Sometimes I run oscam server on it for testing purposes - I have a few other apps I use, but the above apps are used most. Games wise - I have a lot of games installed on it, and sometimes use the game streaming service to play Fortnite etc (for free).

You can also stream directly from you STB - so if you want to watch Sat on it from your VU+ box, or stream any downloaded movies/TV from your STB it's fairly easy to do that. Plus you can use Kodi, plex servers, IPTV servers, etc....and don't forget Karaoke for the party lovers!

A
20-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Thanks for this, great info

mrdude
20-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Thanks for this, great info

If you need any help "acquiring" some apps I mentioned - pm me.

A
20-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Yes I do m8 will do so very soon. Thank you.

kegnkiwi
22-12-2020, 04:24 PM

Netflix usa on nvidia is even better :)

Dave5118
23-12-2020, 09:44 PM
Anybody using the Shield to watch Dolby Vision MKVs, particularly on a LG TV?

Detlef
27-12-2020, 02:22 PM
ht*ps://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/gifts

Most UK couriers are talking about an admin fee of £15 for collecting any fees. That often exceeds the amount being charged.

oldfart
28-12-2020, 04:00 PM
StbEmu (IPTV Stream Box emulator) works fine - get the pro version.

Plex (player) is a pile of **** - there are memory leaks which causes stuttering - even when NOT transcoding, just streaming from a plex server.
Plex have known about the problem for 6 or 7 months, not fixed.