PDA

View Full Version : lost all my sats on motorised dish

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 02:39 AM
hi i have lost all my sats on my motorized dish set up trying to pick up another sat and must of knocked it off most of my sats and can only get 28.2e fta channels i cant scan in any channels on 0.8w thor I am absolutely gutted. my box is a vu+zero with openvix 5.1. i orginally used a spiderbox. I am trying to use the spiderbox to drive the dish to the correct sat but cant seem to get a signal on most sats. i had my vu set up with usals but the longtude and lattitude are in a different format to that of the spiderbox and unsure how to enter them. any help much appreciated. thanks in advance.

hda5
03-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Follow Step 2. in the guide in the link below.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169821-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Zero

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 05:10 AM
i have my longtitude and lattitude that worked before i lost my sat but i can only get signal on 28e any ideas thanks

Mickha
03-01-2019, 07:27 AM
Please post more details, regarding your satellite set up, including dish size, and general location.
If you are in the UK, then try finding 23.5E, and 19.2E, first, as these are two powerful satellites.
I haven't used the Openvix image but most enigma 2 images have a satellite finder option, which allows you to move the dish, East/West, including a fine movement option, at least this might confirm that the problem is with your satellite set up, and not a problem with your dish.
Most USALS problems relate to the incorrect entry of the Longitude, as people tend to forget that negative Longitude values equate to West, and positive Longitude values equate to East.

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 01:19 PM
my sat was set up some years ago, my dish size is 85cm, liverpool thanks

hda5
03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Press Menu
Select Setup Press OK
Select service searching Press OK
Select Positioner Setup Press OK
Select goto 0 Press RED Button

This will reset the dish if your dish is set up for USALS. Once dish has moved to reset position then select another satellite and it should now move to the correct Satellite.

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 03:03 PM
hi done what you said when i do that i get a signal for a couple of seconds then nothing tried moving to other sats but nothing.

echelon
03-01-2019, 03:48 PM
check post #8 in this thread https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?177522-VUZERO-Motorised-issues and make sure you use your own longitude and latitude

also check what I told you last year in this thread too , where I gave you the menu settings etc for your box in post #13

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?177430-setting-up-vu-zero

make sure your motor cable goes into tuner A or LNB on the back of the box

ok, go into your menu and setup, service searching , tuner config , tuner A and use the following

Configuration Mode = simple
Mode = Positioner
Longitude = 002.991
West
Latitude = 053.421
North

and press save or ok

now press the tv button and choose the freesat bouquet (folder) or similar and find and select bbc1

now see if bbc1 comes on or not

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 04:06 PM
i am getting fta on thor how do i get other satelites thanks using usals

echelon
03-01-2019, 04:14 PM
do you have a channel list loaded ?

like the catseyes list ?

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 04:33 PM
i have channel list loaded i downloaded from box. i have tuned in thor twice and when i move to 19e i keep losing it why is this thanks

echelon
03-01-2019, 04:43 PM
perhaps your dish and / or motor has moved due to bad weather ? like wind for example ?

I usually have to finely adjust my dish or motor after high winds by getting my ladders out

to go to another satellite or channel , try the following :-

press the down arrow
red , green , yellow & blue will select various options
press green for satellites and you get the list you loaded to the box
select the one you want and the channel you want

I usually press blue and select from the favourites (or blue and blue again)

I then use the right and left arrows to page up and down and select what I want

ps:- I have no idea why you are tuning channels in, the whole point of loading an up to date list is you rarely need to tune anything in (as it was with the spiderbox too) - tuning in is something I would rarely do, if ever, and even then only the odd transponder when they change

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 04:47 PM
how do i save thor because when i go to 19e i keep losing it

echelon
03-01-2019, 04:50 PM
you do not save SATS when using USALS

all you save are the longitude and latitude as shown in my copy and paste above in post #8

please confirm that the details shown in post #8 are your details onscreen for the tuner setup

using USALS means you never have to save a satellite position, so nobody using USALS does it

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 05:12 PM
yes i am using same as shown. where do i ftp the e2 settings and do i want the the 2 of the 2 rar files of the e2 catseye file, last post on last page

echelon
03-01-2019, 05:19 PM
use his latest (most recent ) E2 motorised download and unpack it with 7zip or peazip or similar

I use dreamset to ftp into the box, but dreamboxedit can also be used

its named as Catseye E2 Settings File 18.12.2018.rar

there may be other ways that I do not use

once you have successfuly loaded his list into your box, go back to your usals settings

ensure that your location is used, by altering the longitude and latitude to your location, as in my post above

the reason for this is that his location is different, as will any you downloaded from the net through the box

the chances of sombody in your area uploading a list is very rare, hence why you must always check your location settings

their list will be ok, but not their location , which is almost always a different location

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 05:24 PM
but i dont know where to send it

echelon
03-01-2019, 05:46 PM
I use dreamset version v2.4.8 and set it up to use ENIGMA 2 V4 (http reload)

choose SETUP

I add in my ACTUAL BOX IP ADDRESS in the box labelled boxIP , like 192.168.1.25 or whatever

USERNAME = root and the PASSWORD box is set to whatever you set your box up with (if you did that is, if not try leaving it blank or maybe use password or whatever)

give it a name like VuZero or whatever and save it

then use the TEST CONFIGURATION to ensure it connects

by choosing ENIGMA 2 V4 (http reload) in the setup box it automatically knows where to send the files

choose OPEN and browse to the unpacked folder containg all the catseye files

it is looking for the file lamedb, so select it and it will load the files

click the TRANSFER button, then click WRITE and it will write to your box, overwriting what is in there, in about 10 seconds or less

then go to your menu and put in your own longitude and latitude if they have changed to something else , and save and exit

reboot the box and test

once this has been setup, and saved , it remembers your settings so you only set it up once

a similar procedure is used for setting up dreamboxedit too, but dreamset is a standalone program (you dont install it)

ie:- its a portable program, not installed into windows

I think there is a standalone version of dreamboxedit too

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 07:03 PM
i can get thor 0.8w, astra19 and astra 23 but i keep loosing signal when i go to back thor 0.8 w can someone plesase advise been on it all day thanks

echelon
03-01-2019, 07:13 PM
try altering your longitude setting by up to 1 degree either way and saving it , then retesting , you are looking for the best signal on say BBC WORLD or similar

try these longitude settings one by one from your current Longitude = 002.991 to

Longitude = 002.591 (moving further east)

Longitude = 002.191 (1 degree out - east)

Longitude = 001.591

Longitude = 001.191 (2 degrees out - east)

Longitude = 001.111 (possible 1 west error by installer)

also try

Longitude = 003.591 (so going further west)

Longitude = 003.991 (1 degree out , further west than nominal)

Longitude = 004.591

Longitude = 004.991 (2 degrees out - west)

the idea is to find your highest signal whilst on thor at 0.8 west

once you find the best and optimum setting , save it and note it down

this may mean your dish and motor are slightly out but isnt a problem if its less than a couple of degrees

Mickha
03-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Liverpool gives a general location of Latitude 53.4 Longitude -2.99, so your Longitude entry should be 2.99W, which is where 0 should send your motor to approximately 3 West.
If, when you send your motor to 0, it's sending it to 0.8W, which is where you're getting your signal, then your motor is over 2 degrees out.
If this is happening try entering a Longitude of 1 West and see if that resolves the problem.
Otherwise you might have to set up your tuner to Advanced mode, then manually move the dish, using your receiver options, and save each satellite individually. Once set up it will work the same, once you select a channel it should move automatically to the satellite.

Can you please post more details, regarding what's happening, and after you try changing your Longitude setting, what happens.

Echelon beat me to the punch, I must learn to type quicker;)

echelon
03-01-2019, 07:40 PM
as above, this is what I was suspecting

the installer may not have set the motor zero point (the markings) to 2.99w , but lined it up as 0.8w thor or similar

as mentioned above, this would mean that your motor is 2 degrees out and so would give the issues you complain about

if there was a satellite at 3 west, the installer should have set that when the motor read ZERO on its markings

he had a choice of using thor or 5 west , so 2 degrees out whichever he used , one way or the other

the correct method is use a box set to usals for your location and select one of the 2 satellites , let the motor move to that position
then disconnect the motor and connect direct to the lnb
then swing the motor left and right until it found the desired satellite

this would have meant that the zero marker pointed at the imaginary 3 west

lock it up and then reconnect the motor, job done

for 1 west , try this

Longitude = 001.111 (2 degrees out - east of your location)

fozzer12
03-01-2019, 08:58 PM
I set up my longitude and latitude, I then go to positioner setup for 6eren or aljazzera english and tweak and try till I get a signal then I can move it to 19e get fta channels then go to 23e ang get fta channels but when I go back to 0.8w or 19e I loose signal and have to tweak it again

echelon
03-01-2019, 09:03 PM
seems to me that the motor is not set up correctly on the arc and this would bamboozle USALS because it wants a perfect system. its also possible that something has moved and caused this to happen , which is usually bad weather and storms in the winter , which we have had recently

as MICKA said earlier, you could switch to diseqc v1.2 which is a pain because you would have to locate each and every satellite and store its exact position (ie:- doing it the old way) - each sat position would have to be allocated a different reference number and each one stored and saved as a separate number

Mickha
03-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Can you please post some signal quality readings, when you do get 0.8W, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E.
Changing your Longitude reading, and experimenting, should be a temporary fix, as you can get some satellites, by nudging your dish.

fozzer12
04-01-2019, 12:24 AM
I have tried the various longitude you gave me but can't get a signal. I aappm now trying to do it dise q when I go to 0 I get a signal for 0 a few seconds the nothing and try to tweak it west and east but can't get anything I done that with usals and it would come in any thoughts

fozzer12
04-01-2019, 01:36 AM
hi i have sorted it now got my sats back on. I had to tweak the sats manually. I would like to say a really big thank you for all of the help and support, if it was not for this forum i would have probably given up as i was starting to think it was beyond my expertise. so thanks again it really is appreciated.

echelon
04-01-2019, 06:08 PM
so something is not quite right about the setup, but as long as you have it working it can be tweaked when the weather improves by sorting out the dish and motor once and for all

so are you using diseqc v1.2 now ? if so , stick with it until its been sorted properly

when it needs to be sorted, follow my quick guide earlier, by choosing USALS and using your GPS location, connect to the motor and select thor, then take the coax direct to the lnb, by removing the 2 connections off the motor and using an F barrel to connect them

then find thor by moving the dish and motor around the pole, peak the signal and lock it up

then test your sats again