PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox 6000: worth buying now?

Jacobo40
12-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Hi, all: I currently use a HiTechBox hb 9000 and I'm quite happy with it. However, I recently noted a Spiderbox 6000
for 30 sterling. At that price I guess it's hard to go wrong, but I'm curious to know if present owners are happy
enough with the unit, and if its features are more or less comparable with similar units.

Any advice will be appreciated.

JOE.MADDISON
12-02-2020, 02:45 PM
some suppliers are now selling e2 boxes for less than £60 a far better more up to date way to go

TonyO
13-02-2020, 01:13 AM
whats an e2 box ? does it have a manufacturer or model name ? most of the plums seem to be on net based systems these days, thats what I'm using and don't miss much.

Mickha
13-02-2020, 08:52 AM
E2 stands for Enigma 2, and covers a wide range of manufacturers, and models, of receivers.
They generally take more work, to set up, as you set your own preferences, images, skins, plugins, etc, rather than the basic plug & play of the spiderbox.

KARABANGA
16-02-2020, 12:12 AM
Hi Yes in my opinion its still a very good box especially with a motorized dish...worth every penny if setup correctly. Regards

Jacobo40
21-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Thanks, KARABANGA. Mainly on your recommendation I bought the 6000 yesterday and I'm in the midst of setting it up. I've been trying to follow the set up guide, but have hit a wall as regards patches. There is no mscam service as such but I remember someone saying that even if there is no intention to use mscam (which is my case, I want to use cccam) the box has to be patched for mescam. Back in 2016 blackdevil provided a mescam patch, which I've downloaded but after three attempts (including 2 kingston USB) the .ssu file doesn't even show up on the usbs. Without this patch being loaded I can't seem to proceed to other important features.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

chris-k
21-02-2020, 05:30 PM
it was a while ago....:nopity:
do you use the mscam file ??68973

Instructions :
First save your channel list
Go to Network settings & select wired option
Go to Network-Ser*er Setup & turn CCcam, Newcamd lines to off (if you have any)
Load patch
Load your channel list, etc.

thx to blackdevil :cheers2: