PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo 4K transponder error

brain
05-04-2020, 10:37 PM
Hi Guys,
A great box and very few problems but I have been searching for quite a while to find out why I cant get all channel 5 on Astra 28e. Having gone into the independant transponders on the search panel the one I need is 10965h 22000 5/6. However the transponder nearest to that is 10964 22000 5/6. Am I right in believing that even one digit difference would make this impossible? If so - is there a way to put the exact one in? Really stuck on this. Thank you in advance for any advice. All best - Brain

oldfart
05-04-2020, 10:55 PM
/etc/enigma2/satellites.xml contains the list of transponders.

<transponder frequency="10964000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="1" system="0"/>
is the line you would change, although .0001 won't make much difference?

brain
06-04-2020, 10:35 AM
Hi there,
long time no chat - great to hear from you, and I read your one the other week about where you now live and the virus. I will try - I just thought that even one small figure would affect the tuning. Any other reason why having tried several times to fully retune it will never find the channel 5 channels? Most odd. Same dish as the DB down stairs and that has all of them and a good quality lnb with 4 outlets. All good wishes - Brain

brain
06-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Following your helpful statement about the odd .0001 wouldnt make any difference it would appear that the tuner has cut out/not running ANY H transponders so will need a new tuner perhaps. All best wishes - Brain

Mickha
06-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Have you checked that your Dreambox is still receiving Horizontal channels?
Usually, when you can get Vertical channels, and not Horizontal, it's a LNB problem.
Have you tried your VU+ receiver on the LNB cable downstairs?

brain
06-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Many thanks Mickha.
- having tried several H transp. on the VU I swapped inputs from the lnb and all working well on the dear old DB, so it is the box - and I have tried the other tuner on it too. I have emailed Lee since he has always been such a helpful guy, and I bought the box from him. However, I did buy a new tuner last October so it might have been faulty since most channels we watch in bedroom strangely are V - just the Channel 5 raised the probs end of last year, and the rest is history. Thanks again - Brain