PDA

View Full Version : what image? OBH not so 'open'

oldfart
18-04-2020, 03:51 PM
**** SOLVED*****
Site was wonky
Do not read further

Sudden re-kindled interest in my VU+ box!

Have been running OBH (Open Black Hole) for some time, thought about downloading the latest image.
Seems I don't have enough privileges or something to post - but I don't want to post, just download.
So, vuplus-community is not so "open" after all?

Having said that, any advice on image?

Mickha
18-04-2020, 04:36 PM
I like Open Black Hole, on my VU+ Duo 2, it gives plenty of options, and now includes KODI Leia 18.6, even for my older VU+. I'm not sure if Open Black Hole works with Multistream, but I think Black Hole, which is based on the original image does.
Did you find the download section, on the vuplus forum?

https://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/open-black-hole-images-download.157/
I'll upload an Open Black Hole 4.3 to the correct section, for you to try.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?178833-Open-Black-Hole-4-3&p=986080#post986080

Nikkas
18-04-2020, 06:17 PM
My preference has always been OpenSPA images. Work out of the box. Nice GUI with a unique menu system making it stand apart from the old Dreambox look. Now with Kodi 18.6 too. Great backup images available for most receivers. :D

oldfart
18-04-2020, 08:05 PM
I am not happy with _vuplus-community.net - it is an "open" system, yet you need privileges?
As I said - been using it for a while (+ 2 years) - not going back on because of their attitude!! (yep seen my bum!)

CokeAddict
19-04-2020, 01:59 PM
I am not happy with _vuplus-community.net - it is an "open" system, yet you need privileges?
As I said - been using it for a while (+ 2 years) - not going back on because of their attitude!! (yep seen my bum!)

Don't be a ****, it's a bloody forum, you have to sign up as a user to download, the same as you would need to do on this forum and any other.

funtime26
19-04-2020, 03:20 PM
Images use is subjective of course but for the record I use OBH on Vu+Dou2 and Pure2 (which has great auto feeds for latest Oscams etc and FNC plug-ins) on my ZGemma H9S.

oldfart
19-04-2020, 05:58 PM
seems the problem I had with the forum is resolved, it was unavailable this morning for a bit.
I can now download!

rant mode off!!

Mickha
19-04-2020, 06:56 PM
That happens quite often, early in the morning.

Detlef
20-04-2020, 12:36 PM
seems the problem I had with the forum is resolved, it was unavailable this morning for a bit.
I can now download!

rant mode off!!

Hi oldfart,

Can you edit post #1 to say this. I read the whole lot and even checked their site before realising it was a problem solved.