PDA

View Full Version : DM8000 not booting

luis
08-10-2020, 05:13 PM
After trying to reboot the receiver doesnīt do the usual procedure of rebooting. The same thing happens when trying the hard restart with the switch on the back side. The display ligts up showing the "powered by DREAM multimedia" inscription, but it stays there and doesnīt procede the usual way (to "booting" and then "loading enigma"). Tried to load another image using the back side switch while keeping the lower front button pressed (a "STOP" should appear on the display and then, after releasing the button, receiverīs IP), but it doesnīt work. Has anybody any idea what to do?

hda5
08-10-2020, 07:14 PM
Not sure if this will help but try pressing the higher front button instead and see if that works.

luis
08-10-2020, 09:18 PM
I did that too, but no luck. So far, I have installed several images into this receiver, always using the lower front button, and it always worked. I guess the reason might be some defective hardware element. If so, itīs pretty hopeless.

oldfart
09-10-2020, 09:38 AM
could be the bootloader is corrupt if you don't get the 'STOP' message
have a search around for how to install a new bootloader

wolves
11-12-2020, 10:49 AM
Hello luis :)
Think you need computer with com port/null modem cable/latest dream up program,
for flashing your dreambox..

Regards Wolves :respect-051:

bonehead
11-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Looks like your right there Wolves just about to say the same thing trouble is most newish computers don’t have a serial port nowadays, that’s why I still have kept an old computer on XP.

Regards,
Bonehead