PDA

View Full Version : Using mobile date for pc and as a modem or hub

art2013
05-03-2021, 02:41 PM
Hi
My virgin broad band just shot up to 40quid a month, i can get unlimited data on o2 for 30 a month, i understand usb tethering but can i somehow use the same way for my tv, set top box and ipad Was thinking a gsm modem but would prefer to just use my phone, this will also save the 20quid a month mobile/cell phone bill, Not sure what i need and would appreciate some pointers here before i waste cash on stuff i dont need.
All the best
Arthur

cosworth4x4
05-03-2021, 06:27 PM
If out of contract phone them up to cancel good chance they will offer you a deal , you may need to go through the process as you prob have to give 30 days notice .
if they dont offer you a deal there and then they will probably phone you back before the 30 days is up.

i use my phone for data when im out on the road , the speed is really not the best maybe worth tethering youre phone to check the speeds first , you can do it via a pc/laptop wifi or usb connection.

art2013
06-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Thank you, they offered it at £33 for 100mbps, i got it slowed to 50mbps as its only me using it and got it for £27 a month. Thank you Cosworth.