PDA

View Full Version : Bad night for Mytv on monday 29.03.21

TonyO
30-03-2021, 10:03 AM
Most Mytv channels off leaving just a few crumbs working, also on IPTV premium channels extremely slow to load and kept crashing, I spent 30 minutes loading channels to my favourites list only for the selection to be completely lost on one of the crashes, URRGH !

A little better on Tuesday, but only just, all off by 11pm, couldn't get on site at all after that time.

Wednesday, worked for an hour then ground to a halt, all off at the moment, VOD and ***** ok.

maurice
13-04-2021, 09:58 PM
Lost all my Stalker Portal Channels tonight, would not load at all, mytv ok also blue.

mrfire
13-04-2021, 10:47 PM
i have same problem

maurice
14-04-2021, 03:17 PM
@mrfire, I have contacted them and was told to re-install the latest file for my 9200, I was also sent the file to load by USB but I tried 6 sticks and none would load.
I am now back with the online file but now lost MyTv, they load on the menu but will not open the other Red box ones work!!!

tinto de verano
14-04-2021, 06:19 PM
Are you trying to load new firmware... or something else?

I had problems loading something else from USB stick as there were no slots left after years of updating slots through USB.

By the way, I have not checked my HB9000 yet. Working fine a few days ago.

tinto de verano

And here are some notes I took ate the time (I cannot find the actual post):

It turns out that the ERROR was caused by having all 16 Readers in Net Client full with previous data.

All 16 Readers contained previous info, so apparently they could not be overwritten from USB.

Following advice I went into each of the 1 to 6 first Readers, deleted the existing info... tried the USB... and the info was restored/updated.

maurice
14-04-2021, 06:45 PM
@tinto de verano, I have problems with my portal & MyTv channels not loading or opening. Read post's 2,3 & 4 it is about the latest software which is in the upgrade section of the box.
Regards
Maurice

tinto de verano
14-04-2021, 06:55 PM
OK, sorry

tinto de verano
14-04-2021, 10:45 PM
Finally had a chance to check it:
-MyTV channels not opening.
-MagPortal not loading and coming up with some numbers.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Thanks.
tinto de verano

TonyO
15-04-2021, 11:18 AM
It was working ok here last night (wednesday 14.04.21), try the latest s/w version, it solved a few connection problems here but added a few other niggles but on the whole its better, if a portal goes down or gives problems try one of the other portals as usally one of them will still load the channel list and work.

My 9200 wouldn't load the latest s/w version untill I got the Force load file, then it worked ok.

tinto de verano
15-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Hi Tonyo,

Thanks for the info.

Interesting... as far as I was aware, only one of the portals should open (MagPortal, but not the others, in my case), depending on your "setup".

I will try later tonight.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
15-04-2021, 10:17 PM
Checked again... the same...

-MyTV channels not opening.
-MagPortal not loading and coming up with some numbers: 1111 2222. The same for the other portals (although they never worked before).
- A d u l t not working.
-VOD seems to be working.
????

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

blackdevil
16-04-2021, 06:49 AM
Can anyone with VPN, change settings and try again, because all systems are up and running. We tested them here with different boxes and they work.
You can message me if it is something you cannot write here.

mrfire
16-04-2021, 09:04 AM
hi no luck mag portal comes with login as does extreme iptv shows channel download fails all iptv loads channels epg works but no pictures.I have tried 2 vpn routers on various locations.I have used 4.82 and 4.81 from download server manually adding stalker portals also tried 4.82 as supplies fom team with my stalker mac address embedded .All with same result

tinto de verano
19-04-2021, 02:00 PM
MagPortal still not working (1111, 2222), either with VPN router or directly with V i r g i n router.

MyTV still has channels not clearing (that might be normal, things come and go I guess), while others do clear.

(a d u l t and VOD seem to be working with both routers)

tinto de verano

mrfire
20-04-2021, 09:22 AM
i think the problem is virgin media router.with the hub 4 you cannot bypass certain firewall functions that allowed the vpn router to not be blocked.even turning firewall off has no effect.i have also tried setting hitech box to static ip and using 1.1.1.1 as dns server and this fails.so most vpn services not working with hub 4.only one solution is to change provider unless some has a work around

maurice
20-04-2021, 10:23 AM
I am still trying to sort mine. I was sent 3mu files they load but do not work. MyTv works "Sort-Of" and red box work when it feels like it.

tinto de verano
20-04-2021, 12:20 PM
Mine is still a Virgin Hub 3, not the new 4 one.

And everything was working fine (with or without the taratpics VPN router) till a few days ago, when this thread was started more or less.

At the moment, I do not have too much time for testing, I am afraid.

But it would be nice if someone finds a way and can share how to fix it.

Unless we need new SW for the Hitechbox.

Sorry.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

tinto de verano
20-04-2021, 03:14 PM
MagPortal working!!!!!

Either something has been done on their side... or...

I decided to check the location provided by my VPN router... assuming it would show me somewhere in France... Doh!!!

It said UK.

I switched the VPN router off and on, checked again: somewhere in France.

Turned on the TV...MagPortal...no more 1111, 2222. It opens and the few I tried were clearing.

Come to think of it... it is the second time that the VPN router has lost its France location and come back to the UK. I will try to remember next time something is not clearing.

I hope this helps you somehow.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

maurice
20-04-2021, 10:03 PM
Not on mine, still the same no portal.

tinto de verano
20-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear that.

I can confirm MagPortal is working right now.

tinto de verano

TonyO
21-04-2021, 10:31 AM
I watched the footy tuesday night then decided to watch some music channels afterwards, all worked ok untill the clock struck midnight, then the whole lot went off and would not come back on, mytv worked sort of but IPTV had gone completely.

Maybe theres a curfew in place ?

mrfire
21-04-2021, 01:45 PM
i am afraid new software for the box will not solve the problem here in uk . v**gin media are acting as censors and are blocking vpn software and vpn routers.This is easy for them to do and is just the start as iptv streams become more popular and reliable. Remember how the market surged with cards for encrypted channels.the same is happening with iptv so it will be who gives up first. hopefully i will do the same tests on a BT isp a weekend.IT seems pointless posting in public what works so email the team if your system works and which country you are in and vpn provider you are using that way we may be able preserve our channels.

mrfire
21-04-2021, 02:00 PM
this what we are up against
DNS sinkhole or black hole DNS is used to spoof DNS servers to prevent resolving host names of specified URLs. This can be achieved by configuring the DNS forwarder to return a false IP address to a specific URL. DNS sinkholing can be used to prevent access of malicious URLs in an enterprise level. The malicious URLs can be blocked by adding a false entry in the DNS and thus there will be a second level of protection. Normally firewalls and proxies are used to block malicious traffic across the organization.

By using the DNS sinkhole technique it is also possible to deny access to any of the websites. This can be used to restrict access to specific sites that violate corporate policies, including social networking, abusive content, etc. When a user tries to access a sinkholed URL, a customised webpage can be shown. This webpage can be created with information detailing the corporate policy restriction and can be hosted on a local server.

A DNS sinkhole can be used to control the C&C traffic and other malicious traffic across the enterprise level. The sinkhole can be used to change the flow to malicious URLs by entering the fake entry in the DNS. These malicious URLs can be gathered from already known C&C servers, through the malware analysis process, open source sites that are providing malicious IP details, etc.

DNS sinkholing is used to provide wrong DNS resolution and alternate the path of the users to different resources instead of the malicious or non-accessible content. A sinkhole is basically a way of redirecting malicious Internet traffic so that it can be captured and analysed by security analysts. Sinkholes are most often used to seize control of botnets by interrupting the DNS names of the botnet that is used by the malware.

TonyO
22-04-2021, 11:11 AM
If you get a refusal to open mytv or IPTV pull the plug on the mains, (literally a hard off) then on and try again, I've got a sneaking fealing my internet provider was downloading a do not open list of sites and file types to the router not to open, the hard mains off seemed to clear the router of stored restrictions, untill the next time of course, it seemed too erratic and hit and miss to have been done at the exchange.

mrfire
23-04-2021, 03:21 PM
tried on BT ISP and all working so it was that software update that is screwing things up. My VPN provider insists they cannot do it but we know better. We have seen unblock able cards go down dongles go down the list is endless. We all know once free tv goes big the providers hit back and its blank screens until the next gadget to empty our pockets. As i am leaving UK soon I am not swopping providers i will make do with downloading all i need to watch

mrfire
30-04-2021, 08:42 AM
tried box on a s*y isp and its now black screen. I have new super router arriving today and i am changing to a better VPN which i will load to the router once i have flashed it with open source software. I will then test it on vir**n and see what happens .

tinto de verano
30-04-2021, 11:00 AM
Good luck.

Keep us posted.

(I have not tested IPTV for a while now, by the way, I might have a go tonight to let you know if it is still OK)

Thanks.

tinto de verano

maurice
30-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Tried mine last night again, still no portal a few open with mytv but not many, the red box works but only the 1st 2

Regards

blackdevil
30-04-2021, 06:28 PM
Tried mine last night again, still no portal a few open with mytv but not many, the red box works but only the 1st 2

Regards

Are you using VPN ?
Channels are working.
Check picture and try this channel. If it doesn't work for you it means your internet provider blocks you to enter in Mag portal panel icon or Full IPTV panel icon (depends in which icon works for you) and even you access MyTv icon, it blocks the channels.

*Some new movies added in VOD icon.

tinto de verano
01-05-2021, 11:57 AM
Hi,
I quickly tested last night (Virgin and VPN router):
MyTV: most seem still OK, although ITALY does not seem to clear any channels (on previous tests ITALIAN was a bit random, OK one day, not OK the next day...). ||||||||DE does not clear.
Mag portal: most seemed OK
VOD: I did not try, but it has always been OK even when other sections were not. ||||||||I have now tried a few, and they seem OK.
"Red box": most seemed to open, wide open actually

tinto de verano

TonyO
06-05-2021, 02:38 PM
Thursday 06.05.21, IPTV premium opens ok and displays a channel list and EPG on channels but nothing opens here,
a few VOD open but most off, Mytv and naughty is working on some channels but IPTV not clearing.

IPTV cleared by late afternoon but stopped at halftime (9pm) in the ****** League footy along with all the other channels, luckily Mytv worked so I could see the second half and watch some music channels afterwards.

IPTV is now very erratic in the evenings here.

mrfire
06-05-2021, 03:47 PM
i have just finished setting up my new router lynksys3200 and have flashed it with a vpn.
i have set the vpn to new zealand which works ok and allows me to watch nz tv on catchup and live.It also opens all channels on USTV.com still set on NZ in the VPN.I was sent a file from the team and nothing opens on IPTV or my tv or VOD.
If i download the latest file via http from the hitech box my tv works and so does vod but not IPTV with the NZ VPN location .I will keep you posted if i get get an answer from the team that solves the problem

tinto de verano
06-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Hi mrfire,

There might be an IPTV setting in the router UI...

There was one in my taratpics VPN router. IPTV started working once I enabled that option.

Maybe you could google for tplink and How to configure IPTV function on wireless router...

Good luck.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

mrfire
08-05-2021, 10:58 AM
i have done an exhaustive test and tried the following on vpn router from various global locations and all with the same result.My tv very flakey with few channels clearing.vod slow to load and some buffering. xxx usual some clearing no buffering.IPTV did not clear on any global location (location tested correct with netflix working).router settings tried: automatic : Lightning UDP (auto,aes,chacha20): LightningTCP (auto,aes,chacha20): Open VPN UPP : Open VPN TCP : IKEv2 : L2TP.
I am on V"rg*n using super hub 4 and lynksys3200 VPN router.
Its quite clear its not the router software blocking stream but the ISP stopping stream at source and i suspect as mytv and vod are free they are throttling that stream.

maurice
08-05-2021, 08:04 PM
Had trouble this afternoon with mytv and had to reboot, when the box opened all my channels had changed and not much opened, I have 2 .. (dots) before my channels on 1 section and nothing opens. I give up.

mrfire
09-05-2021, 08:49 AM
i have managed to do links to broadcasters i watch ie NZ and OZ and by switching country get excellent hd pictures on my pc.I also use my tv on hitech box for sport .In the sport section bien channel 15 to 25 is giving excellent pics also the african supersport channel 51 to 61 .the african channels take a while to lock.

maurice
09-05-2021, 10:41 PM
Yes but bein as now gone since Friday. As in my thread 35 it as been replaced with the channels that have 2 dos in front of each channel.

mrfire
10-05-2021, 08:55 AM
just checked 0015 to 0025 bien sports all working in the sports section using vpn router on Vi$g*n media isp

TonyO
21-06-2021, 12:20 PM
MYTV and ad-ult off since sunday, VOD ok and Albuk and radio also work but nothing else.

Still off on Thursday here ! (24.06)

tinto de verano
21-06-2021, 02:31 PM
Hi Tonyo,

I also noticed last night that things were not working (MyTV, Portal...) although VOD was working.

I thought, maybe I need to update to the new HitechBox9000New_2021.06.02.bin firmware... but since Blackdevil wrote that there will be a new SW soon... I might wait for that.

Of course, it could also be due, once again, to my VPN router switchig back to UK for no apparent reason... and yes, at least today it is saying UK and not another country!!!! Doh!!!

I will check later tonight (after setting my VPN router to another country).

Thanks.

tinto de verano

maurice
21-06-2021, 05:34 PM
Yesterday mytv and the red box worked for me but with limited openings, no yp on red box. Still awaiting answer from spiderhd about fix for my 9200!!!!

TonyO
25-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Its looking grim for the Hitech box, as of Friday absolutely nothing is working, VOD has gone back to a channel list from a few years ago which nothing clears, also the Ad-ult channel list doesn't load anymore and Mytv is still dead.

Is it game over ?

satpaul
25-06-2021, 10:28 AM
MagPortal working!!!!!

Either something has been done on their side... or...

I decided to check the location provided by my VPN router... assuming it would show me somewhere in France... Doh!!!

It said UK.

I switched the VPN router off and on, checked again: somewhere in France.

Turned on the TV...MagPortal...no more 1111, 2222. It opens and the few I tried were clearing.

Come to think of it... it is the second time that the VPN router has lost its France location and come back to the UK. I will try to remember next time something is not clearing.

I hope this helps you somehow.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

When it comes up with password for mag portal just upload your URL portal config file again

TonyO
25-06-2021, 03:29 PM
I already tried re-loading the stalker portal file, it did not alter anything, the albuk channel is still clearing so the system itself is working.

maurice
25-06-2021, 05:21 PM
I contacted spiderhd last night and was told the new SW for the 9200 is not ready yet, as soon has it is it will be posted, also the 9000 and 9550 should be ok!!!
Regards

Weston Calling
25-06-2021, 08:03 PM
I loaded the new firmware that was released today on my HB9000 and only Youtube seems to work.

** Edit. I shut down my router overnight and now MYTV, VOD etc. are working. No Mag Portal though, so I will do as advised and contact the team.

blackdevil
26-06-2021, 11:29 AM
There is new sw for online update.
We improved sw
For icons activation, message me.

tinto de verano
03-07-2021, 03:15 PM
I just found some time to finally upgrade my HB9000 to the latest firmware: 2.4.91.

Everything went well:

-motor, time... settings kept

-favourites kept

-TV channels opening

-MYTV. Mag Portal, VOD opening (I could not check a***t, I might check later, just for research purposes)

-All without reloading any files through USB

Excellent job, team.

Thanks.

tinto de verano

TonyO
04-07-2021, 10:52 AM
I upgraded my 9200 with s/w ver 2.4.91 and agree its working well again, I had to use the Force usb version as my box doesn't like the online d/l method.

Thanks guys.

I posted too quick ! I've now got login failed on mytv, I didn't know you needed a login for mytv.

maurice
04-07-2021, 01:45 PM
@Aldo & tinto de verano, I am in Spain at the moment doing work on our property and my 9200 is working fine so it must be my ISP who is blocking me in the UK, got to learn how to install a VPN on a router, not to savie with routers.
Regards

tinto de verano
04-07-2021, 04:44 PM
Hi maurice,

If you haven't already have a look at posts #12 and #16 in https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?179454-HTTP-Upgrade-HB9000

Enjoy.

tinto de verano

Weston Calling
05-07-2021, 09:09 PM
The Mag Portal hasn't been working for me for some time as I don't have a VPN and my provider is blocking. However, the lists sent to me by the team are now working really well, with most channels, including all UK sports channels, opening perfecly.

TonyO
07-07-2021, 10:39 AM
I'm afraid its not working again here, nothings opening using v2.4.91..

I tried an old s/w version and some bits like youtube and albuk and audio worked again but mytv or vod and ad-ult did not.

V2.4.91 is up and down like a yoyo.

TonyO

TonyO
07-07-2021, 04:58 PM
I think I've now worked out why I've had Hitech box connections with the server in the last few years, its a mixture of my habit of always turning things off at night and the way the Internet providers supply and run the service during the pandemic which has caused the problem.

Several years ago I started turning all my digital stuff off because my digi sat boxes were wearing out rather quickly because they ran so hot, when HD turned up the amount of digital processing increased and the casings were like oven tops.

The capacitors were the first to go and bulged really fat just before failing, I replaced about 50 on my early spiderbox 9000 which was expensive and time consuming, I decided that turning the boxes off when not in use would give them a much longer life span, so that’s how that habit started.

When the pandemic started and workers stayed at home Internet usage when through the roof providers had to find ways of limiting or reducing usage to reduce the bandwidth to what they could handle, one of the methods was when the online use stopped for a short period the connection would pause or even stop for 10 or 30 seconds before resuming, this annoying practise made everything a lot slower but squeezed more users into their overburdened system

Now back to my HT box, when I turned it on in the morning and the home screen came on it was no longer logged in, if I selected IPTV, my mac number would be checked to see if I had an allowed box number, if the internet connection was in its pause or off state I got a refusal to connect, now that Mytv checks my box number as well I have the same problem if the connection is paused or off, it fails to open.

Added to the problem is that failing to connect produces a caption which refuses to go assuming I am a free-loader trying to gain access, I have to turn the box off and start again, when I restart if I'm lucky the box gets authority to open the portal, more often it doesn't and I'm in the same boat with a another re-start.

I'm currently experimenting how to get the router or IP connection active before I log in with the HT box, so far its trial and error !

blackdevil
10-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Movies added in VOD
Black Widow
Settlers
A Quiet Place Part II
The Ice Road
Lansky
The God Committee
Till Death
The Tomorrow War
Werewolves Within
No Sudden Move
Scare Us
Separation
Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway
Limbo
The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
Out of Death
Witch Hunt
Tides
Monuments
Meander
No Loss, No Gain
Medusa
The Blackout Experiment
Acquitted by Faith
A Father’s Legacy
Too Late
Good on Paper
False Positive
Fatherhood
Queen Bees
Dream Horse

TonyO
17-07-2021, 01:06 PM
I've been away for a week, before I went MyTv was going fine, a week later its just a box update information page, is this the same for everybody ?

Weston Calling
17-07-2021, 08:04 PM
I've been away for a week, before I went MyTv was going fine, a week later its just a box update information page, is this the same for everybody ?

It's working fine on my HB9000 and the lists sent by the team are faultless. I am paid up though.

maurice
18-07-2021, 11:15 AM
My 9200 is ok