PDA

View Full Version : Etherium mining.

cosworth4x4
25-07-2021, 09:27 PM
This video will get you up and running , just remember its not a get rich quick system but if you already have the gpu/graphics card then its free money minus electricity cost.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqny5SSFRTo

Barney
26-07-2021, 01:44 PM
I GOT AS FAR AS lolminer 1.31
But it shows 27 trojans when i scanned with Virus Total :leaving:
video is very good but i just do not trust this lolminer 1.31 from github
is there something safe to use instead ????

dog-man
26-07-2021, 05:26 PM
Watching this thread with interest. :D

cosworth4x4
26-07-2021, 10:02 PM
I GOT AS FAR AS lolminer 1.31
But it shows 27 trojans when i scanned with Virus Total :leaving:
video is very good but i just do not trust this lolminer 1.31 from github
is there something safe to use instead ????

I'm still using an older version , will upload it tomorrow night it is probably a false positive from youre a/v.

Barney
26-07-2021, 11:39 PM
i scanned with Virus Total with more than 27 trojans reported , i never mentioned anything about Anti Virus :confused:
That is a bit much for a False positive ???
i would appreciate if you could upload your Version as i do not wanna take chances with that amount of unknown $hit in 1 program
if i do this i'd rather be doing it the right way without Trojans or Spyware etc......cheers !!

cosworth4x4
27-07-2021, 09:13 PM
Here is the version that ive been using for 2 months no problems with it , but i still have a feeling its still going to flag it up due to what the program is .

3tv
28-07-2021, 12:01 AM
i use trex miner, it to will flag up on your virus software, they say its to protect the code from reverse engineering.

profits about to take a further dump on 4th of August :(

gpu prices have now returned to normal which is a good sign the glory days are over. Far to many new gpu's now crippled when mining eth so be careful what you buy if you want to mine eth.

my 2080ti making about £100 in eth a month with about £20 quid in electricity cost, its not great but it requires no intervention. Compare that the Helium miner which made me £1000 in 30 days, cost £350 quid and uses pennies of electricity per month.

3tv
08-08-2021, 04:41 PM
noticed my gpu temps are in the 70's even though the ambient temp is 20-22, similar to april when the gpu temp were 58-60 so ive took the card apart. The thermal paste has dryed out on the gpu and the heat sink is glogged with dust/fluff so out of mining action for a few days till i get some thermal paste :(

My old founders 1080ti had easy access to the heat sink so was easy to keep clean, the 2080ti though needs a full tear down to get to it. what a ****e design.

Keep an eye on those temps, and if you can access the heat sink with out disturbing the thermal paste and pads keep it clean.

cosworth4x4
08-08-2021, 06:54 PM
noticed my gpu temps are in the 70's even though the ambient temp is 20-22, similar to april when the gpu temp were 58-60 so ive took the card apart. The thermal paste has dryed out on the gpu and the heat sink is glogged with dust/fluff so out of mining action for a few days till i get some thermal paste :(

My old founders 1080ti had easy access to the heat sink so was easy to keep clean, the 2080ti though needs a full tear down to get to it. what a ****e design.

Keep an eye on those temps, and if you can access the heat sink with out disturbing the thermal paste and pads keep it clean.

I had pretty much similar problem with a new 3090 after 5/10 min it would drop from 120 m/s to about 70 m/s even with side case removed as soon as temp went up it throttled the card , looking online there was a lot of people with the same problem with the 3090 lots of so called fix's, i found none that worked.

i already had water cooling on the 2070 so just added it to the 3090 , temps now max sit at just over 50' on both cards .

3tv
08-08-2021, 07:55 PM
I had pretty much similar problem with a new 3090 after 5/10 min it would drop from 120 m/s to about 70 m/s even with side case removed as soon as temp went up it throttled the card , looking online there was a lot of people with the same problem with the 3090 lots of so called fix's, i found none that worked.

i already had water cooling on the 2070 so just added it to the 3090 , temps now max sit at just over 50' on both cards .

dang 3090, did you get that a a decent price? Some manufacturers have known issues once the card is under stress. new Pads and paste normally fixes it but it will never gonna get down to water block temps.

cosworth4x4
08-08-2021, 07:59 PM
dang 3090, did you get that a a decent price? Some manufacturers have known issues once the card is under stressed. new Pads and paste normally fixes never gonna get down to water block temps.

can be down to the thermal pads to so im replacing that also

I had it at a very good Price swapped it for a power tool , tool cost me about £400 there is of course no warranty on the 3090 was a no questions asked deal , but it would probably void anyway as soon as i ripped it apart to fit water block.

3tv
08-08-2021, 08:01 PM
I had it at a very good Price swapped it for a power tool , tool cost me about £400 there is of course no warranty on the 3090 was a no questions asked deal , but it would probably void anyway as soon as i ripped it apart to fit water block.

Bargain

mrdude
09-08-2021, 07:31 AM

Minus your £400 and you still saved about a grand.

I've never seen a fabled 3090 in the flesh - I have seen some vids on a well known video streaming stie, however my crappy laptop monitor and even my TV wouldn't do those vids any justice. Probably you'd need a 4k projector and a game that used the full power of the card to show what a beast it was. TBH I am a little envious of your deal, but good one on you for getting it.

3tv
09-08-2021, 10:15 AM

I've never seen a fabled 3090 in the flesh - I have seen some vids on a well known video streaming stie, however my crappy laptop monitor and even my TV wouldn't do those vids any justice. Probably you'd need a 4k projector and a game that used the full power of the card to show what a beast it was. TBH I am a little envious of your deal, but good one on you for getting it.

when ETH was over $4k a few moths back 3090's were selling for $3k. crazy.

cosworth4x4
10-08-2021, 06:06 PM

On another plus side the tool was from my own Business so that will get written off , i put most of my pc build last year in for the business Accountant did ask a few questions :D

cosworth4x4
10-08-2021, 06:08 PM
when ETH was over $4k a few moths back 3090's were selling for $3k. crazy.

Its been creeping up the last week again , hopefully it keeps going.

3tv
10-08-2021, 06:58 PM

yeah i think its pegged to the DOW. I sold a chunk of HNT for the predicted drop that never really happened. Guts me to watch it rise. Not going to chase it though. Stock market is due a drop sometime within the next weeks/months which will bring crypto back down with it. Until then ride the wave up. Could be 2017 all over again.

3tv
10-08-2021, 07:03 PM

the reward is always pumping when ETH is moving, need it to continualy rise and fall. rewards suck when it plateaus. Fee's are crazy atm $22 in eth to move it from wallet to wallet/exchange

cosworth4x4
10-08-2021, 07:06 PM
yeah i think its pegged to the DOW. I sold a chunk of HNT for the predicted drop that never really happened. Guts me to watch it rise. Not going to chase it though. Stock market is due a drop sometime within the next weeks/months which will bring crypto back down with it. Until then ride the wave up. Could be 2017 all over again.

The way im looking at it , i will keep it in the pot about $800 its free money not really cost me anything other than electric , way my kid burns through it I'm blaming her :D

3tv
10-08-2021, 07:15 PM
The way im looking at it , i will keep it in the pot about $800 its free money not really cost me anything other than electric , way my kid burns through it I'm blaming her :D

my 2080ti was burning about £15 a month. im on 13.7p kwh power usage is 140-150w after under clocking

_https://www.omnicalculator.com/everyday-life/electricity-cost

dog-man
22-08-2021, 05:29 PM
I have been dithering about buying a new PC for some time, as mine is quite old now and not Windows 11 friendly, even though still quite a powerful computer, I have taken the plunge and have a new and more powerful one arriving tomorrow. It includes an RTX 3090 graphics card. I will probably take that out and swap it with another computer which has a 1080 Ti to use for mining. If it only gives me some extra cash to treat my grandson every christmas, I will be happy. I have read all the horror stories regarding mining taking it's toll on cards, so will be looking to under-volt it in the hope that it solves the issue.

3tv
22-08-2021, 06:01 PM
I have been dithering about buying a new PC for some time, as mine is quite old now and not Windows 11 friendly, even though still quite a powerful computer, I have taken the plunge and have a new and more powerful one arriving tomorrow. It includes an RTX 3090 graphics card. I will probably take that out and swap it with another computer which has a 1080 Ti to use for mining. If it only gives me some extra cash to treat my grandson every christmas, I will be happy. I have read all the horror stories regarding mining taking it's toll on cards, so will be looking to under-volt it in the hope that it solves the issue.

For ETH you underclock them, apart from the memory which benifits from an over clock. Some other coins need more power to mine efficiently.

3tv
07-09-2021, 11:20 PM
nice to see a big drop off. the miners clean up. btc to $40k?

3tv
13-09-2021, 09:38 AM
just checking eth transaction fees. $68 ffs. Does nice hash do free coinbase transfers? might be worth switching to nicehash even though the mining reward will be lower you should save that in fee's

kooozy
14-09-2021, 12:27 AM
use hiveos and 2miners.com they do batch payouts (low fees) and its low payout threshold,

3tv
14-09-2021, 06:40 PM
i'll get payout at $500 sux to lose $58 in eth fee's. Puts me off buying any NFT's also

dog-man
11-10-2021, 03:18 PM
For ETH you underclock them, apart from the memory which benifits from an over clock. Some other coins need more power to mine efficiently.

Any idea what is the best prog to underclock and overclock the memory/

3tv
12-10-2021, 07:53 PM
Any idea what is the best prog to underclock and overclock the memory/

most mining software has the options. i use trex absolute core clock to get max hash rate at min power. God help us next april when the utility companies up there price cap :(

i use afterburner to set the mem over clock as you can fiddle with it without having to restart the miner software each time.

old 2080ti hashing 60.5/61mh @ 143w

dog-man
12-10-2021, 08:05 PM
most mining software has the options. i use trex absolute core clock to get max hash rate at min power. God help us next april when the utility companies up there price cap :(

i use afterburner to set the mem over clock as you can fiddle with it without having to restart the miner software each time.

old 2080ti hashing 60.5/61mh @ 143w

I will be using an EVGA 3090 XC3ULTRA which arrives tommorrow. I will put it in an old computer which isn't used much. It has a powerful power supply.

dog-man
12-10-2021, 08:06 PM
I assume that it is best to use a computer that is solely being used for mining and nothing else?

3tv
12-10-2021, 11:14 PM
I assume that it is best to use a computer that is solely being used for mining and nothing else?

running a single card in a spare pc isnt very effective on power saving. My 2080ti happily runs in my main PC. Im not a gamer so it mines 24/7

if you have a bunch of gpus then it would then be viable to have a dedicated pc/rig just for mining.

buying cards for mining still isnt cost effective atm, everything is either over priced or the cards are LHR restricted. there are work arounds with dual mining but still not as efficient as none lhr

cosworth4x4
13-10-2021, 03:59 PM
I will be using an EVGA 3090 XC3ULTRA which arrives tommorrow. I will put it in an old computer which isn't used much. It has a powerful power supply.

Same Gpu im running , hope you got plenty of cooling found it throttles very fast as soon as temps start to rise maybe i got a dodgy one , i water cooled it and sits at 50' making 118 mh/s it will go higher if you want to push it but even water cooled they it gets very hot and crashes as soon as room temps start to rise.

dog-man
13-10-2021, 04:24 PM
Same Gpu im running , hope you got plenty of cooling found it throttles very fast as soon as temps start to rise maybe i got a dodgy one , i water cooled it and sits at 50' making 118 mh/s it will go higher if you want to push it but even water cooled they it gets very hot and crashes as soon as room temps start to rise.

From what I have read, there was a problem with the early cards where poor soldering and a few other issues that I can't remember at the moment were causing overheating and even bits dropping off, so I believe.
I have had to wait almost 2 months to get this card after ordering, so hope that it is a card made after the faults were ironed out.
I believe that a bios update cures some of the issues, obviously not the poor soldering.

Fingers crossed.

I didn' buy this card just for mining, I bought a new computer system which came with this card.

cosworth4x4
13-10-2021, 04:31 PM
From what I have read, there was a problem with the early cards where poor soldering and a few other issues that I can't remember at the moment were causing overheating and even bits dropping off, so I believe.
I have had to wait almost 2 months to get this card after ordering, so hope that it is a card made after the faults were ironed out.
I believe that a bios update cures some of the issues, obviously not the poor soldering.

Fingers crossed.

I didn' buy this card just for mining, I bought a new computer system which came with this card.

Hopefully it will be ok , the early problem was with the thermal pads if i remember correct.
let us know how it goes , its made me good money the last few months .

dog-man
13-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Hopefully it will be ok , the early problem was with the thermal pads if i remember correct.
let us know how it goes , its made me good money the last few months .

Do you use a computer purely for mining or the same one you would use on a daily basis?

cosworth4x4
13-10-2021, 09:20 PM
Do you use a computer purely for mining or the same one you would use on a daily basis?

This pc I'm using now , has 2 gpu's both mining 2070 super/ 3090 , 3090 in second slot so main gpu is the 2070 , they are both water cooled as well as the cpu.

Watching videos (i don't do much gaming) does drop the speed they hash at , worst i find is pokerstars .

2070 is in the top slot ,was thinking at the time it would not would restrict the mining on the 3090 but does still affect it .

cosworth4x4
13-10-2021, 09:26 PM
Sorry used daily on 24 hours with cctv , could not turn the photo but you will get the idea :D

3tv
13-10-2021, 10:36 PM
hash rate drops a little while using the pc for browsing/youtube etc but returns normal once im not using it. I only shut the miner down when using photoshop/lightroom.

for the most part its ticking away earning 24/7, over the months its soon adds up. Anyone with a gpu sat idle is letting $$$ pass them by.

Evga were offering purchasers aditional thermal pads as they knew there cards had issues.

Some sites have sneaky miner code hidden in them so when your browsing they are stealing your hashing power, only in small amounts but if they do this to millions off users it will add up. Theres a chrome extension called nocoin which stops that though.

3tv
16-10-2021, 10:38 AM
Eth at $4k to hodl or sell, thats the dilemma.

dog-man
16-10-2021, 11:09 AM
Eth at $4k to hodl or sell, thats the dilemma.

How long did that take?

3tv
16-10-2021, 11:34 AM
How long did that take?
Its value has increased and its hovering around $4k per 1 eth. Im due a ethermine payout later today. Im tempted to sell it as soon as its recieved hoping it will pull back/or tank after doing so but knowing my luck it will rocket up the moment i sell it.

60mh yeilds about $3.70- $4 per day at current prices.(before you factor electric) Its like panning for gold, you aquire tiny slithers that slowly end up amounting to a chunk

dog-man
16-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Its value has increased and its hovering around $4k per 1 eth. Im due a ethermine payout later today. Im tempted to sell it as soon as its recieved hoping it will pull back/or tank after doing so but knowing my luck it will rocket up the moment i sell it.

60mh yeilds about $3.70- $4 per day at current prices.(before you factor electric) Its like panning for gold, you aquire tiny slithers that slowly end up amounting to a chunk

I have yet to start, but will do so later this coming week.

cosworth4x4
16-10-2021, 08:31 PM

I got almost half an ether but I'm going to sit on it , all its really cost me is leccy , and after just going through a warm summer ive used next to no gas so my DD has stayed the same .

Do get the police helicopter flying over every few nights my loft temp must be looking look a grow farm :D

3tv
16-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I got almost half an ether but I'm going to sit on it , all its really cost me is leccy , and after just going through a warm summer ive used next to no gas so my DD has stayed the same .

Do get the police helicopter flying over every few nights my loft temp must be looking look a grow farm :D

the pc has certainly took the chill out of the room you normally notice first thing on a morning

im not to bothered about taking a risk with the eth earnings its just i have a knack of timing the buy/sells wrong:iamwithstupid: Helium is still doing ok so all my eggs are in a few a baskets. Bought a small amount of Shiba just incase that explodes like Doge. worse case is its a $100 down the drain.

if it goes to say 7 cents thats about $300k at current prices if my math was correct.

Looking like eth 2.0 is getting pushed back again which will probably push gpu prices up. ffs

sold. expect it to rocket up :) but hoping for it plummet

3tv
20-10-2021, 10:35 PM
lol, what ever i sell everyone else should buy :0)

cosworth4x4
20-10-2021, 10:55 PM
lol, what ever i sell everyone else should buy :0)

It aint gone up that much yet , :D

Could be worse i bought a helium miner off **** £900 (well over cost) and i thought i bricked it , didnt save my 12 word and logged out :18: worst feeling in my life .

only saviour i did a back up on my phone about a month ago and it had the 12 word passcode , :D

3tv
20-10-2021, 11:52 PM
It aint gone up that much yet , :D

Could be worse i bought a helium miner off **** £900 (well over cost) and i thought i bricked it , didnt save my 12 word and logged out :18: worst feeling in my life .

only saviour i did a back up on my phone about a month ago and it had the 12 word passcode , :D

its up $400 from when i sold it :(

i done the same thing thinking if i logged out i could just log back in with a thumb print. I put my 12 word seed somewhere so safe i for got were it was. Thank f##k for the mrs who knew were it was.
There will be billions of crypto thats is lost behind forgot logins.

Helium is still doing OK, long gone are the £80 quid a day days but i average about 7 helium a week which considering there are 240k and growing miners on the network thats not to shabby. it means a lot are making next to nothing though.

Make sure you input the correct antenna power as as of the 24th they will be using this to id those scamming they system.

at £900 you will make your money back faster than ordering 1 for half that and waiting 6 months to get it :) and it will out perform any GPU you can get for that price atm.

There will be a BTC ETH pull back but if FOMO kicks in thewy could rocket up a load more yet. 2017 all over again

3tv
21-10-2021, 10:09 AM
new pny rtx a2000 card out any day now. 41mh at 65watts on ETH which could be handy the way electric prices are headed. cant find it cheap enough though. £480 is still steep. It really needs to be £10 per Eth MH or less for me to be interested.

cosworth4x4
21-10-2021, 09:51 PM
its up $400 from when i sold it :(

i done the same thing thinking if i logged out i could just log back in with a thumb print. I put my 12 word seed somewhere so safe i for got were it was. Thank f##k for the mrs who knew were it was.
There will be billions of crypto thats is lost behind forgot logins.

Helium is still doing OK, long gone are the £80 quid a day days but i average about 7 helium a week which considering there are 240k and growing miners on the network thats not to shabby. it means a lot are making next to nothing though.

Make sure you input the correct antenna power as as of the 24th they will be using this to id those scamming they system.

at £900 you will make your money back faster than ordering 1 for half that and waiting 6 months to get it :) and it will out perform any GPU you can get for that price atm.

There will be a BTC ETH pull back but if FOMO kicks in thewy could rocket up a load more yet. 2017 all over again

I got the correct antenna set but height i put above sea level but have now read it should be from ground , mine did a update overnight and made nothing today , ive powered it off and it seems to have kicked back into life.

3tv
22-10-2021, 07:25 PM
I got the correct antenna set but height i put above sea level but have now read it should be from ground , mine did a update overnight and made nothing today , ive powered it off and it seems to have kicked back into life.

which miner have you got? my bobcat normally loses sync after an ota update. if im away it might be a day before i notice. the bobcats are **** for syncing. I use the fast sync option now which is available via its web interface.

cosworth4x4
25-10-2021, 05:48 PM
which miner have you got? my bobcat normally loses sync after an ota update. if im away it might be a day before i notice. the bobcats are **** for syncing. I use the fast sync option now which is available via its web interface.

Ive got the linxdot.

3tv
01-11-2021, 12:31 AM
rtx a2000 dropped by £20 to 459. I would be tempted @ 399 as its resale value will be low. No gamer will want it.

3tv
10-11-2021, 12:30 PM
I have yet to start, but will do so later this coming week.

eth pumped, if it stays like this you could cash out a nice chunk for Christmas. Wonder if history will repeat itself and tank after mid December. Cant see it repeating the 2017 dump as there is far to much institutional money in it. Alot of people will be watching for wallet to exchange transactions.

3tv
29-01-2022, 02:42 AM
took final eth payout today as electricity contract is up for renewal. Done with GPU mining :(

Gpus dont seem to be getting more efficient either, Performance increases but so does there power requirements. expecting 40xx cards to continue the trend making mining in the UK a none starter, unless you have solar?

whats everyone paying for the electricity per kw/h im on 13.7p but thats ending in a few days.

cosworth4x4
29-01-2022, 09:44 PM
Currently paying 16.346p 9.73p per day with 1 month left on discount, it will then go upto 21.180p with 24.86p per day charge so as well as the unit cost rising so is the daily standing charge .
Unless ether price goes through the roof i will be pulling the plug on it as well .
Question then do i cash in on the gpu's i have or keep hold incase things turn around.

3tv
31-01-2022, 01:04 AM
Currently paying 16.346p 9.73p per day with 1 month left on discount, it will then go upto 21.180p with 24.86p per day charge so as well as the unit cost rising so is the daily standing charge .
Unless ether price goes through the roof i will be pulling the plug on it as well .
Question then do i cash in on the gpu's i have or keep hold incase things turn around.

How bad will it get once the new price cap kicks in in April?
i cant see it turning around, normally when there is a big selloff the mining rewards go mental. that didnt happen this time. Eth 2.0 will be the gpu mining death. I cant see other coins being profitable if everyone switches to the next most profitable coin.

3tv
16-02-2022, 09:53 PM
1 year fixed now ended. Now paying 20.7p per kwh, thats bad enough. In April it will be even higher. mining in the UK is doomed.

cosworth4x4
16-02-2022, 10:15 PM
1 year fixed now ended. Now paying 20.7p per kwh, thats bad enough. In April it will be even higher. mining in the UK is doomed.

As previous my deal ends 2 weeks time , maybe my maths not the best but run a calculation today in one day my pc will cost £3.16 but make just under £10 at current ether value (after end of feb until april), of course if ether price drops profit goes down, the big guys are not paying a penny bypassing the meter so it will continue , i wonder if the price will rise as less is made ?

3tv
17-02-2022, 01:26 AM
As previous my deal ends 2 weeks time , maybe my maths not the best but run a calculation today in one day my pc will cost £3.16 but make just under £10 at current ether value (after end of feb until april), of course if ether price drops profit goes down, the big guys are not paying a penny bypassing the meter so it will continue , i wonder if the price will rise as less is made ?

have you looked at the resale price of gpu's today compared to a few months ago and if mining has made up that deficit?

checking on what to mine, converting the power 145w @ 61mh/s on a 2080ti @ .28 cents kwh mines $2.77 with a profit of 1.80 or £1.32. most other coins return a loss.

JOE.MADDISON
17-02-2022, 08:50 PM
elec and gas daily charges also 10+ p per day increase

3tv
20-02-2022, 12:57 AM
elec and gas daily charges also 10+ p per day increase

the daily standing charge is a joke, they shouldnt be able to charge that.

JOE.MADDISON
23-02-2022, 04:21 PM
JUSThad email in april new elec price 27.09p per kw standing charge 48.91p per day was14p now20..207
gas 7.225 standing charge 27.22p per day was14p now 26.11p
my yearly cost is going up £960

3tv
24-02-2022, 11:32 AM
JUSThad email in april new elec price 27.09p per kw standing charge 48.91p per day was14p now20..207
gas 7.225 standing charge 27.22p per day was14p now 26.11p
my yearly cost is going up £960

the standing charge hike should be illegal. wish id installed Solar all those years ago.

blade
10-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Just thru.... New prices from 2nd April 2022 - Standard rate on Octopus Energy.
Unit rate (per kWh) 27.6255p plus vat 5% = 29p/kwh

Thats the end of mining for me!

cosworth4x4
11-03-2022, 05:47 PM
I stopped my mining end of feb , though great idea i will add a few didgets to my meter readings i uploaded to get at the cheaper fixed rate i was on .

And guess what i get an email to say they have reactivated my smart meters :ack2::ack2::ack2:

Pc's and heating been running last few days to get the readings up , just my luck they not been active since i left British Gas 4/5 years ago , will have to say i must have miss read if it comes of anything :D

cosworth4x4
11-03-2022, 07:10 PM
Price of Helium miners has dropped to just above their cost , well worth anyone checking out what others are making in their area could well be worth jumping on it now , they use next to nothing in Electricity but Hnt low at the moment .

3tv
12-03-2022, 12:06 AM
Price of Helium miners has dropped to just above their cost , well worth anyone checking out what others are making in their area could well be worth jumping on it now , they use next to nothing in Electricity but Hnt low at the moment .
been making .5-6 for weeks until an ota update last week, now in the .2-.3 range. :( hopefully helium take up will fizzle out. Im waiting for sorins review of that cheap 10db rx 5db tx amp, might be worth the £100 asking price over the now rip off flarm.

Did you sell any GPU's?

cosworth4x4
12-03-2022, 02:00 PM
been making .5-6 for weeks until an ota update last week, now in the .2-.3 range. :( hopefully helium take up will fizzle out. Im waiting for sorins review of that cheap 10db rx 5db tx amp, might be worth the £100 asking price over the now rip off flarm.

Did you sell any GPU's?

No ive kept them , not even looked if they have dropped in price .

3tv
12-03-2022, 04:23 PM
No ive kept them , not even looked if they have dropped in price .
looks like stock is available again in most places. putting an end to the scalping

cosworth4x4
12-03-2022, 06:47 PM
looks like stock is available again in most places. putting an end to the scalping

Just looked on S can 3090 still around the 2k mark , what did they peek at about 2.5k ?

3tv
12-03-2022, 06:55 PM
Just looked on S can 3090 still around the 2k mark , what did they peek at about 2.5k ?

yeah, and then some

cosworth4x4
15-05-2024, 07:13 PM
So this now an old post but i managed to make almost 1 ether that on todays value ( that is on its ass) in doller $2900.

If it does peek again £3700 in uk money.

dog-man
16-05-2024, 10:00 AM
So this now an old post but i managed to make almost 1 ether that on todays value ( that is on its ass) in doller $2900.

If it does peek again £3700 in uk money.

How long did it take to make that and with what graphics card?

cosworth4x4
17-05-2024, 07:39 PM
How long did it take to make that and with what graphics card?

Approx. 6-12 months stopped when electricity price shoot up i started out with just a 2070 then added a 3090 , also had a 3070 and one other running but they where never all running from start to finish .

The 3090 was a swap for power tools so cost me nothing , always had the 2070 bought a pc with the 3070 in and sold that on for same price i bought pc , pc now handed down to my daughter .

That's all from memory and that is fading fast :D

i still got the 3090 and 2070 in the pc im using now all water cooled , bit of overkill for internet use :D

3tv
18-05-2024, 01:07 PM
still some coins gpu minable but our lekky kills the profit. They tend to run the gpu harder compared to eth. You can rent out gpu horsepower on the likes of vast.ai but again or lekky kills profit.

If you want to make some easy crypto have a look at Natix. You run it on your phone while driving. The more congested the area the better. for hardware devices its worth looking into using a Motus mini, Hivemapper and a dimo auto pi to rake in $$$ while driving. The AutoPi only requires a few miles of driving each week ROI could take a while on that though.

cosworth4x4
19-05-2024, 08:37 PM
still some coins gpu minable but our lekky kills the profit. They tend to run the gpu harder compared to eth. You can rent out gpu horsepower on the likes of vast.ai but again or lekky kills profit.

If you want to make some easy crypto have a look at Natix. You run it on your phone while driving. The more congested the area the better. for hardware devices its worth looking into using a Motus mini, Hivemapper and a dimo auto pi to rake in $$$ while driving. The AutoPi only requires a few miles of driving each week ROI could take a while on that though.

Started using Natix last week , not sure what its doing or earning so for , but its free and on the road every day Tuesday is my biggest milage day so will see how that goes until the BEE arrives :D

3tv
21-05-2024, 09:50 PM
i dont think the more miles covered earn more, its seems to rack up more points in the busy areas. a City cabbie should do well with natix. Natix payout once a month so you should beable to gauge your earnings from a few weeks usage. There using the Solana blockchain which i like. aiming for $50 a month if the coin listing price is $0.001 per token. Will probably dump 50% to SOL. Fees are tiny. Moving eth around with its fee's bugs me. Eth's seen a nice recovery the last 7 days though and with talk of an ETF imminent it could be heading to 5k.

3tv
22-05-2024, 11:21 AM
Started using Natix last week , not sure what its doing or earning so for , but its free and on the road every day Tuesday is my biggest milage day so will see how that goes until the BEE arrives :D

motus mini's are cheap its the fact it earns rewards just for being plugged in with zero driving required concerns me about its value once its out of testnet. Hopefully once it hits mainnet rewards are only generated when you actually drive.

cosworth4x4
22-05-2024, 05:50 PM
i dont think the more miles covered earn more, its seems to rack up more points in the busy areas. a City cabbie should do well with natix. Natix payout once a month so you should beable to gauge your earnings from a few weeks usage. There using the Solana blockchain which i like. aiming for $50 a month if the coin listing price is $0.001 per token. Will probably dump 50% to SOL. Fees are tiny. Moving eth around with its fee's bugs me. Eth's seen a nice recovery the last 7 days though and with talk of an ETF imminent it could be heading to 5k.

It seems to have earned the same almost most days , and from what ive worked out you get a share of the percentage you rack up at end of the month then it resets and everyone starts again i am flying up the leader board at the moment so see where i am at the end of the month.

3tv
23-05-2024, 09:04 PM
It seems to have earned the same almost most days , and from what ive worked out you get a share of the percentage you rack up at end of the month then it resets and everyone starts again i am flying up the leader board at the moment so see where i am at the end of the month.

i had just over 120k last month and ended up with 36k tokens. Did you enable the boost? it last for 10 days. When in the countryside the cam has nothing to do. I aim for the quieter less travelled roads to hoover up easy honey tokens. swings n roundabouts.

ended up in the top 100 last month but that was before they announced the token going live so i expect it will be a little harder this month. Its all about the tokens at the end of the day though so hope the pool is big enough.

cosworth4x4
24-05-2024, 06:03 PM
Yeah enabled the boost and all the missions, im in the top800 this month for ruffly 10 days but will see what its worth end of the month.

Its free so anything is a plus

3tv
25-05-2024, 08:11 AM
yeah just stick an old phone on the dash, share a data connection and away you go, doesnt consume huge amounts of data as its not uploading images un like hivemapper which is supposed to be passive but isnt. Days are longer but rewards are deminishing. once were back to short days earnings will tanks if you spend the bulk of your day on M/A roads. As the rewards are region based so if theres some nice B roads you can use instead and make way more. Natix works way after sundown although doesnt detect as much.