PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo 4K boot problem

kenny
11-07-2022, 04:34 PM
I've been away from the site for several years, but before asking for help, I did make a contribution.

Since setting it up with BH 3.05, my Ultimo 4K has worked well. Every so often it has crashed with the green screen - but a quick power-cycle and all was well again. However, yesterday after it crashed, when I then power off and on, all that happens is that the white light on the front flickers constantly - and that's it.
It's been suggested that I need to reflash the image. Would I just get the latest BH (and where best to find it?) and use that, or do I have to first flash the official VU image. And am I right in thinking I have to then set the box up from scratch? Sorry if this sounds a silly question, but it has been several years since I've done anything to this receiver.

Many thanks in advance.

CokeAddict
11-07-2022, 05:16 PM
Sounds more like the on/off switch is faulty (mine is the same).

Try turning it off again, then very firming switching it back on (might need to do it a few times, but should work in the end).

kenny
11-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Bingo! Indeed, you are spot on and my on/off switch is very dodgy. A few firm goes and my box is up and running again. Many thanks!

(Have you ever tried to source a replacement switch?)

CokeAddict
11-07-2022, 06:22 PM
Bingo! Indeed, you are spot on and my on/off switch is very dodgy. A few firm goes and my box is up and running again. Many thanks!

(Have you ever tried to source a replacement switch?)
I couldn't find anything that would be a direct replacement.

I now never touch the switch, just pull the lead out and push it back in, instead. It has been ok for 3+ years now doing this.