PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500 For Newbies

tracker
26-11-2006, 03:10 AM
Attached .pdf Dreambox 500 For Newbies 5.6.

paddington
26-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi tried to download, thats ok, but when trying to open the do***ent getting error massage "This viewr cannot decrypt this do***ent"

paddington

DiMiS
26-11-2006, 10:36 AM
ok dude this is a .pdf file so u need a PDF reader...
Adobe Reader is the original pdf reader but it's huge and heavy...
Try the FREE Foxit Reader (foxitsoftware.com)
Tiny but great for pdf files (PDF a stupid and unwanted format as far as I am concerned)

sweetguy2004
26-11-2006, 05:13 PM
file opens great but the link there for dbnation wont open

sweetguy2004
27-11-2006, 02:01 PM
The tut is good weldone m8 but the links in there cant open them please advice thanks

tracker
27-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Am still running Adobe Reader 6.0 and get message that there is a plugin missing to open those links from the .pdf do***ent. May be it's time to upgrade:)

kerrywez
13-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Can any of you kind people let me know if I need a broadband connection for use with the dreambox please? Many thanks Wez

kegrka
15-12-2006, 07:30 PM
keerywez
You do not need a broadband connection to run a dm500,BUT
if you want to update things and install emus etc (can be done FTP from PC)and say control it from your pc then an ethernet connection is wanted. Internet connection has its advantages for people with db500's as with the right emus you can do all sorts of things with it. We are not allowed to disscuss some of the things that you can use the 500 for on this forum.
I have a 7020 and a 500 .both are hooked up to the net and i'm trying at the moment to get them talking to each other. if you see wot i mean:)

LETS ROLL

kerrywez
19-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay in thanking you but not had a chance till now. I have tried to load a new channel list using the edit, but when I try the connection it will not, I have set all the ip addresss's and that but to no avail. I shall just have to keep on trying. I live in a very remote area and can't get broadband by any method, save satellite and it is out of the question, it's way too dear.

Thanks again and have a very Happy Christmas. :mad:

sblinx
24-12-2006, 09:43 AM
hi guys,
i'm a newbie as regards this receiver.
i'm trying to connect the DB500 to my home wireless network.
what exactly do i need especially since the internet connection (router) is not near my tv?

thanks in advance

PS i read the attached (Dreambox_500_For_Newbies_5.6.pdf ) file but it does not explain exactly my situation

tracker
26-12-2006, 11:55 AM
You need a ethernet cable between your receiver and the router.

sblinx
27-12-2006, 09:20 AM
hi thanks for your reply.... but if i have a wireless network and internet connection away from tv would an access point do the job?

papis
28-12-2008, 09:46 PM
you need a wireless ethernet converter
it is plugged on the router and on the back side of your dreambox
google it

Motorsat
02-01-2009, 05:15 PM
You could use a Linksys WRT54G and upgrade the Firmware with Tomato Firmware. You can then connect your Dreambox to the WRT54G using a cat5 patch lead and use the WRT54G as a Wireless Ethernet Bridge. It will then communicate wirelessly to your main router/gateway located in a different room.

An alternative would be to purchase a Linksys WET54 Wireless Ethernet Bridge, but that is more expensive and only gives you 1 port. The above method will give you 4 ports (1 for the Dreambox and 3 free).

win
24-07-2010, 11:52 AM
hi can any one help me with this please,if i need a satelite dish for STARBOX receiver to work.any help will be much appreciated.thanks

Detlef
24-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Nice guide but real newbies in Europe: be aware that this is written for the USA.

Ignore the sections that mention NTSC and instead enter PAL.

Likewise with the satellites. In Europe we can only see satellites between about +/- 60 degrees.

Detlef
24-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Am still running Adobe Reader 6.0 and get message that there is a plugin missing to open those links from the .pdf do***ent. May be it's time to upgrade:)

We're up to Adobe Reader 9.3.3 now. Time to send your version 6 to the local mseum :)

big s
07-11-2010, 10:37 PM
ive just got a dm500 cloned has everything on it to run, question is do i need a router to clear certain channels or can i connect via ethernet cable straight to pc to clear channels :confused:
steve

gbmitie
31-12-2011, 01:22 AM
if you can access the internet that way then yes but I am stumped as to how you can connect to pc in first place, only one ethernet port on my pc,

did you sort it?

gb-

echelon
31-12-2011, 02:03 AM
if you can access the internet that way then yes but I am stumped as to how you can connect to pc in first place, only one ethernet port on my pc,

did you sort it?

gb-

normally you would only do this if you were using a usb wireless dongle on the pc and create a network bridge

the correct procedure is do it all through the router lan access ports , of which there are usually 4 , and add lan switches if you need more than 4 ethernet ports

Detlef
31-12-2011, 03:58 PM
normally you would only do this if you were using a usb wireless dongle on the pc and create a network bridge

the correct procedure is do it all through the router lan access ports , of which there are usually 4 , and add lan switches if you need more than 4 ethernet ports

You missed a chance to advertise the Vonet WiFi bridge from the boards sponsor. I liberated one from my employer (with permission) that we had been using when a nice man with a JCB dug up our cables. I must say they work very well. For those that don't know they can turn any device equipped with an RJ45 (ethernet) port into a WiFi enable device - especially useful for situations mentioned in post 10.

shtozo_78
13-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks