PDA

View Full Version : Humax not moving dish any more - help

spacehead
29-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Last night I tuned my humax 5400 to some new FTA channels that I was after. For some reason, the box has stopped turning the dish and it appears to be stuck at its eastern limit. I've gone into installer on antenna settings and each time I select a new satellite, it reverts back to REFERENCE.

I've redownloaded firmware and channel pet123 settings but nothing seems to shift it. Power is ok and all menus are working. Help before I lose my hair.
:mad:

zad
29-11-2006, 11:25 AM
sounds like your motor may have died mate.

check to make sure nothing is jaming it, would not be the first time a bird hads made a nest on one lol

are you still geting picture ok from the sat your pointing at?

spacehead
29-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Not sure it's pointing at anything - it's locked further east than my sky dish so i'll look up some channels on other satellites to see if i can get a reading.

What's strange is this default back to REFERENCE on the antenna settings menu. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago so I reloaded the channel settings and this did the trick. Strangely this doesn't make any difference now.

Not sure if it is the motor as the dish moved east from hotbird when I was messing with it yesterday and decided to stay there.

Prontopro
29-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Try going back into the antenna settings menu and see if you can shift it westwards manually.

zoey
29-11-2006, 05:03 PM
i had the same problem with my hummy only the pro was my aston 1.05 cam
did the power of on the back put the cam out turn reciever on and put back aston cam now no probs at al:cool:

voith driver
29-11-2006, 07:31 PM
hi spacehead,
as prontopro has said try moving it using the sat settings menu and the reason you are seeing reference, is more than likely you are in installer mode
regards
voith

spacehead
30-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone, problem solved. I used voith driver's spring cleaning advice in the sticky and that seems to have done the trick. All working again:) :)

voith driver
01-12-2006, 08:19 PM
hi spacehead,
well done m8, happy viewing
voith