PDA

View Full Version : Strange! Lost all of Hotbird

massa121
05-12-2006, 11:01 PM
I have lost whole of hotbird 13 deg only. I get good signal on all other sats ok like Astra & Sirus. Usually hotbird is my strongest signal & easiest to find so at lost here what to do next? any sugesstions please. I am in the midlands.

drpaulos
05-12-2006, 11:04 PM
So is the dish motorised?
If so, do you use DiSEqC or USALS for positioning? If the former, try manually moving the motor using the remote.

DrPaulos

massa121
05-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Many thanks for reply. Dish is motorised and using diseqc but have tried your suggestion without any luck. What amazes me is that not a single channel is captured on that bird either it is H or V. It was ok till couple of days ago and then just disappeared. I even tried alligning manually without success.

drpaulos
05-12-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't know the Hummies, but maybe you can backup your settings, and then do a factory reset, followed by resetting up the satellites, and restoring the channels? Also check you haven't got any funnies, like LNB or motor off in the Hotbird setting.

DrPaulos

massa121
05-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Thanks for suggestion. I will do the reset as I can't see any other option left. I will let you know if it is a success.

massa121
22-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Sorry to bring this up again. I still can't get hotbird. I have changed LNB but no joy. One thing that puzzles me is when I am on Sirius & go on the antenna settings menu it actually shows hotbird as name of satellite. When I am at hotbird it also shows hotbird. Could this be causing somekind of a clash? All other sats show their names when I am at their transponder.:confused:

voith driver
22-12-2006, 11:34 PM
hi massa121,
no m8, do not take too much notice about what's in the sat settings page when you initially go there as this quite often is down to there not being a strong enough signal to lock on.which is normal occurrence on sirius.

i would suggest you reload a channel settings file to start with, then see what you have, if you still have not got it, then its a case of retuning that sat in, i wonder if you have tried to do a manual search, and by the problem stated above you have changed the position that is related to hotbirds antenna alt
regards
voith

massa121
23-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks for reply Voith. I have just sorted after two weeks! The problem was my motor it seems.

voith driver
23-12-2006, 07:09 PM
well done m8, glad you sorted it out
voith