PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying Visionet

kenhib
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I am thinking of buying a Visionet or Innovative. Does anyone know which is best? How sensitive is the tuner on this machine and how well does it pick up weak channels?
Thanks for any help!

madsod
07-12-2006, 07:31 PM
it's not bad on weak channels but it's not the best m8 / best bet is a bigger dish what channel are you hoping to get . iv had my vn 800s for over a year now and it's not a bad stb at all

drpaulos
07-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I am very happy with my VN8000S :) I can't comment on the Innovative receivers, but this thread is worth reading:-

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56715&highlight=innovative

Here are comments on the Visionnet's:-

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56716

DrPaulos

qurdina
07-12-2006, 11:09 PM
I found uot that its far better than most receivers.

Graham7
08-12-2006, 01:17 AM
If you are going to go for one get the CIS I think it is one of the best I had for know.

rockyroads
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
i think they are re-branding it m8 and calling it the Unvisionet its a waste of time at the moment due to server probs then when the servers are ok they get overloaded on a*t channels ok if yo u dont mind the footy going off every few seconds...if you aint got one yet forget it !!grrrrr

Jono
05-01-2007, 02:58 AM
i think they are re-branding it m8 and calling it the Unvisionet its a waste of time at the moment due to server probs then when the servers are ok they get overloaded on a*t channels ok if yo u dont mind the footy going off every few seconds...if you aint got one yet forget it !!grrrrr

M8 thats your view. But since i have had it its been fine, if you know how to use it properly and change servers when you need to then it ok.
I find if art is bracking up then supersport is fine or try to get on to the channel the games on 15 mins before kick off and don't move off it till final wistel, that sometimes helps with the picture.

As for serve down problem the server are based in the far east and after the earthquake late December there has been problems with all web internet traffic coming and going to the far east.

O and by the way i'm not a supplier i'm just one of the rest the end user.

Regards Jono:)

Aldo
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
@Jono

I would agree with all that you have stated, there are some people who buy this box without having done sufficient reading/research on the pro's and con's of the receiver. It would appear that some people think that it is simply a case of taking it out of the box plug it in and hey presto "I have ART, Supersport, Premiere etc etc", some do not know that you have to have a router and that the router has to be setup to connect to the receiver, and when it doesn't work it is always the receiver at fault, there is an old cliche " A bad workman always blames his Tools" and in this case the receiver is the tool, and the user does not know how to use the tool correctly.

rockyroads
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
@Jono

I would agree with all that you have stated, there are some people who buy this box without having done sufficient reading/research on the pro's and con's of the receiver. It would appear that some people think that it is simply a case of taking it out of the box plug it in and hey presto "I have ART, Supersport, Premiere etc etc", some do not know that you have to have a router and that the router has to be setup to connect to the receiver, and when it doesn't work it is always the receiver at fault, there is an old cliche " A bad workman always blames his Tools" and in this case the receiver is the tool, and the user does not know how to use the tool correctly.

respect your opinions thats the beauty of forums to express ones opinions(been around a bit) bit derogatory some of the comments ie bad workman i do know how to change server i had lots and lots of practice anyway i dont want to get into a childish slanging match here doh!the chap asked opinions on this reciever that was mine only thought i was fair to tell him not everything was rosie in the garden as regards this reciever be a bit boring if all the comments were in the positive when its obviously not..myself ive plumbed for a dreambox with c/s which im really very happy with bit :) of a chew setting up but not being thick i managed it ..happy new year m8 peace to everyone

wsm25
05-01-2007, 01:03 PM
@Jono

There was point being made regarding the CS, and the guy was correct, at the moment servers are either not working or not stable. Nothing to do with how hard or easy it is to setup.

It took me a couple of hours to connect it up and get it to run the CS two weeks ago (when I bought it). But within 1 day, it was all black screen. Changing servers was not an issue either, but they were not stable.

The most interesting bit was connecting a wireless bridge to the VN & router (so no cable running from router upstairs to VN downstairs). But if the VN display's 'Searching' for most of the last 2 weeks, it is not as much fun.

Again this is only my point of view, because I was looking for the CS aspect, as I have a dragon cam and another receiver that does EMU. Otherwise it is not a bad receiver and servers could be back to business and then I might look at it differently. Oh , and the box is painfully slow sometimes. :)

Aldo
05-01-2007, 01:51 PM
@rockyroads

I am sorry if you feel offended by my comments, but they were not pointed at any individual, they were in my opinion a generalization of some of the queries of people who have bought this receiver without first having done sufficient research on the receiver, and there is plenty of info here that people could read before they decide to buy:-https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56437

I do appreciate your opinion, and I know you have been around the sat scene for sometime and not only on this board. I also had thoughts of buying a Dreambox, but when I read all the info from Rabby and others on the old Satpimps site, I decided that the receiver would probably be too difficult for me to handle, and so opted for the visionnet receiver instead.

proteus
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi m8 I have both recievers and the Vn8000s is now redundant the innovative is far superior on the c/s front but it has its bugs ie. a no connection problem, dish moving problem. imho. the visionet is on the wane and the Innovative is rising. I am an end user and Innovative is looped through a TM7755. Regards N.

rockyroads
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
@rockyroads

I am sorry if you feel offended by my comments, but they were not pointed at any individual, they were in my opinion a generalization of some of the queries of people who have bought this receiver without first having done sufficient research on the receiver, and there is plenty of info here that people could read before they decide to buy:-https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56437

I do appreciate your opinion, and I know you have been around the sat scene for sometime and not only on this board. I also had thoughts of buying a Dreambox, but when I read all the info from Rabby and others on the old Satpimps site, I decided that the receiver would probably be too difficult for me to handle, and so opted for the visionnet receiver instead.

no worries m8 just come off nites got a stinking cold and not at my best so maybe took it the wrong way or misconstrude it m8 ..all is good eh!:)