PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Use Advance Search. ( Invalid Frequency).

gibson
07-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Bought a new tele last Saturday and have been most of the week setting up the sat gear and DVD, etc.
After completing the Technomate 1500/TV installation I now find I'm having trouble on the advanced search when putting in a feed frequency found on this good site. When I put in the found frequency it comes up "Invalid Frequency Try Again". I've tried a number of feed frequencies with the same result. I'm sure I didn't have any problems before!
Need to get the Golf (16*E) for my father-in-law whilst my other half and her mum are Xmas shopping. Any ideas? Probably missing something simple as usual :confused:

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

jammer1
08-12-2006, 08:48 AM
Yes delete tps that have no signal from list then try again.It will then work

baby
08-12-2006, 11:07 AM
i had same problem, i think what happens is when we buy the reciever there are more transponder frequ. stored than there are channels and because of most of the frequ. dont exist, blank or dead, the reciever goes doolally so we get memory is full or invalid frequency, when we search for new frequ.or when we try to blind search and gettind flashing 0000 coming up the reciever cant go into the search mode, so what i i did was all satellites that i visit (and i went to them all) i deleted frequ. that didnt correspond with the satellite channels i had stored, this cleared a lot of crap that was stored and also deleting audio channels helped aswell, i was almost to a factory reset (this i didnt want to do) then i got the reciever to work normally again

gibson
08-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanx jammer1 and baby for your help. On me way to delete loads of channels!:D

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

stevenalis
12-12-2006, 12:45 AM
Not sure if you solved the problem but I had a similar problem. Check the LNB frequency. On some of the satellites mine was incorrect hence I couldn't see the higher/lower frequencies.

Steve

NeasdenNW10
16-12-2006, 11:20 AM
To free up some of the memory in the TM's just delete the radio channels.
NW10

gibson
16-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi stevenalis thanks for your input. Must admit deleting channels hasn't completely solved the problem, still getting on occaision the same problem.
You mention LNB frequency. Not too sure how to change or indeed what to change to. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

stevenalis
17-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Go to the menu on TM

Satellite Setup

Make sure the LNB Frequency is 9.750/10.600 and the LNB type is Universal.

Should mean frequncies will work. I think if it is sert to 9.750/10.750 it misses out a load of frequencies.

Worked for me anyway.

Steve

gibson
17-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanx Steve, I'll give it a try.

Best wishes from.

Gibson.

stevenalis
17-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Let me know if any help!

daveld
18-12-2006, 12:00 AM