PDA

View Full Version : art sports card....prem football no more in 2007/8

higgs66
08-12-2006, 06:17 PM
Just bought a 12mnth card, and found out ART lost the rights for 2007/8..where have i been!

drrrrh

so if ya buying just get a 6mnth, unless u like the other sports

Higgers

TonyO
08-12-2006, 08:24 PM
lets hope that Showtime offer a similar deal for european viewers next season.

fcukbcfc
08-12-2006, 11:26 PM
been looking into this and showtime have and will not be showing any broadcast on 13e.

munchie
27-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Anyone got any further news?
I keep reading that ART have lost exclusive rights but providers with so called exclusive rights generally sell on to other providers for the right price.
This must be the case for so many channels to be able to show premiere league matches each week.
I just wonder if there is any chance that showtime will sell matches to ART and others next season.
No doubt we shall just have to wait and see.

Oldhamred
27-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Been well impressed with Art. Just have to see what happens nearer the time. There's obviously money in having it on a satellite serving Europe otherwise they wouldn't bother. Fingers crossed.

Don't fancy the Albanian stuff, especially with all the shennanigans after the season started. Then again if that's all the guarantees all Prem games then that's what it'll have to be.

Whatever happens it won't be as cheap as Art has been for the last couple of years.......

Thanks.

Oldhamred.

robbiemcd
28-12-2006, 01:29 AM
supersport around £140 for 12 months! not bad!

snaps
30-12-2006, 04:04 PM
140 for 12 months? Where from more like 1400 for 12 months?

gov400
30-12-2006, 06:37 PM
he means digitalb premium aka supersports.

nova costs 1400

I just got meself a premiere Sports Package card + Arena from a mate in germany. Looks ok for next season

spud
31-12-2006, 01:13 AM
looks like art is not dead
aken from L J'S FOOTBALLFORUM
"after negotiations between Arab Radio and Television (ART) and Showtime Arabia , ART now have the rights to broadcast 4 matches every week on its satellite and terrestrial channels for 100000$ for each match , also 4 million dolars for match coverage to all matches ( 45 min. each)
ART will pay a sum of 17 million dolars to Showtime for all the contract
the contract that lasts for 3 more years"

source :- supermagazine

citykid
31-12-2006, 04:18 PM
The problem is EPL plays on average 9 games aweek! not counting Cup or any other european games!

but something is better than nothing!

Graham99
31-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Currently using an ART card and abit worried about what will be available next season..........

However.........

The footy access situ has changed rapidly over the past 4 years.

From a few boozers showing matches via 1w, thousands have jumped on the bandwagon and filling their pockets at the expence of the clubs and hobby dudes. It's no co-incidence that attendances down 20% in 3 years. Their greed - using a 99 quid card to broadcast to hundreds for a full season has now probably spoilled the party for us home viewers as the EPL and key providers look to close all the open routes to a cheap match viewed from the UK.:mad:
Even two years ago most prem matches were available FTA from some obscure sat / country ....even shown FTA in East Africa..

Suppose something will come allong to fill the gap......just hope that it's not too expensive.

Oh, - and the first punter in my local boozer (who has never paid a penny to see any game over the past few years, either in the Pub or through the turnstyle) who complains coz Mau U are not on for nowt next season will get leathered.........It's their fault!!....go out and punch one,- if it makes you feel better, - I undoubtably will.

Happy New Year , Eid Mubarack to all except Non paying MUFC Fans.

Graham99.

Xtremezz
01-01-2007, 11:22 AM
The days of FTA, that was nice. ****** is far more vigilant these days: all we get is a few weeks at most during the launch of new stations.

I'm not sure there's still room for something cheap, what with eveyone seeing you can get nice money for English footy.