PDA

View Full Version : Echostar 3600IP Motor Error (Fuse ?)

kite
09-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I have an Echostar 3600IP coupled to a 1.2M dish and a Hirshman silent actuator. Unfortunately the actuator does not have any limit switches and while resetting the East Dish position I believe that I stalled the motor. When I try and move dish with the receiver I get "Motor Error". I have measured the voltage on the back of the receiver - 0 volts. I can move the dish using a 12V battery changer and as a temporary measure I have moved the dish to 19.2 E.

Does the Motor circuit have a fuse in the supply circuit or is it likely to be a new power supply.

Best Regards

kite

kite
09-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Having powered off the receiver at the mains it has now started working again. I guess that there is some sort of protection that only gets reset when powered off completely. (Sigh of relief that the receiver isn't away over Christmas)

Regards

Kite

Power Bank
10-01-2007, 05:16 AM
I had a different kind of problem with my 3600IP about a year and a half ago. It had frozen display and had stopped obeying the commands. After an hour of attempted tries of restoring it and panick-thoughts of a repair bill, and a guilt trip of "I have buggered it up" syndrome, I switched it off, unplugged it and just left it.
Next day I thought it's gonna be repaired anyway, I might as well plug it in and see what happens. Hey presto the unit had reset itself.
So , moral of the story is I do not know why it happened but I think I showed it who is boss. :D

Power Bank

>COR<
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
What you both did was an " cold reboot" of the reciever.

If all fails, that is the way to go, unplug, wait an minute or so, then plug in the mains again.

;)

COr