PDA

View Full Version : Show time on nilesat dish size

bishbash
17-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Hi mates
what size dish will I require to be able to watch the football next season now that art as lost it, I live in manchester.
Thank you.

stevenalis
18-12-2006, 12:05 AM
If you try and put a dish up to receive Showtime in Manchester I hope you've got a big garden........................... ....you'll need one for all those planes to land on because your dish will be sending out a loud enough signal to encourage them to land:D

Seriously I think you will need over 2m dish in Manchester. Footprint is not aimed at UK.

Steve

CROSSBONES
18-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Yes at least 1.8m! you can get the fortec star 1.8 from m a p l i n s for 99 quid. You will get it on that.

satwyn
18-12-2006, 09:10 AM
if showtime is on the H transponders then check with others in your area for dish size probably 2M+ the channel master 2.4M might be an option you will need a sub for this package go to your local sat dealer for advice

azeemmir
18-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes at least 1.8m! you can get the fortec star 1.8 from m a p l i n s for 99 quid. You will get it on that.

Hi
fortec dishes r not good quality dish 1.8 fortes is equal to chanel master 1.2
in my openion les then channelmaster1.2,
and in manchester i think u need minimam 2.4 to get nile,
vertical can get i think on 2 m + but horizantal channels i think u need 3 m +
maybe some 1 can explain more,
regrads
azeemmir

CROSSBONES
18-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Hi
fortec dishes r not good quality dish 1.8 fortes is equal to chanel master 1.2
in my openion les then channelmaster1.2,
and in manchester i think u need minimam 2.4 to get nile,
vertical can get i think on 2 m + but horizantal channels i think u need 3 m +
maybe some 1 can explain more,
regrads
azeemmir

I know some one in s.wales who is getting H and V with the 1.8m fortec star dish. Yes its a cheaply made dish, but as long as its assembled correctly, will performe well.;)