PDA

View Full Version : Some info req'd on Navman 510

The Skipper
20-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi,

I have just been given a Navman ICN 510 for nowt :)

The touch part of the touchscreen doesn't work and the battery won't charge.

The battery I have seen on fleabay for 15 quid or so but the screen is hard to find, well cheap anyhow.

Anyone know of a 'cheap' place to get a new touchscreen?

It all still works no probs but have to use the buttons instead of the screen.

Not bad for freebie :)

Skip

The Skipper
05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I have found a site that fits refurbished screens for £45 all and fitted :)
Guaranteed for 6 months as well.
Not too far from me as well.

Skip

ps, not many Navman folks in here is there....

garymaule
24-01-2007, 02:12 AM
when you do get it running you can put tomtom on this alonside your smartst software

link is gpspassion for more info

rickt
24-01-2007, 06:48 PM
ps, not many Navman folks in here is there....

Yes ...................I have two Navman 570's .one running SmartST and the other running SmartST &TomTom .Great little devices .I'm viewing DVD's and pictures on mine as well as having the Wi-Fi and the internet .

The Skipper
24-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Aaaaaaaaaahhhh we have life :)

Yes I have seen references to putting Tom Tom on to the Navman 510 but it all looked a bit fiddly?

Have the problems been ironed out now?
I have TT5 on my smartphone but started to play up lately (may be the SD card?)

This Navman 510 is great especially for a freebie, I would like to try the Tom Tom soft on there though.

Skip

rickt
25-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Not too sure about your 510 ,I'm new to the navsat scene with my 570's .But I've got one running both TT5 & SmartST as said .I see there's a few dedicated forums the the GPS scene , maybe a search may find an answer .If the 510 is anything like the 570 it should'nt be a problem , I just added the TT software to my SD card and that was that .

The Skipper
22-03-2007, 04:42 AM
Cheers,

I am getting a surprise birthday pressie off the missus (don't ask how I know!)
of a TomTom Go 910 ! The dogs danglies.

I gotta say that the Navman 510 although free off a mate is absolute crap!

Yes it navigates door to door etc.. but you can't preplan a route and view it without needing a gps signal, which is not very good without an external aerial.

It comes up with an error when I plan a trip from UK to Spain obviously via a ferry but it just can't cope with that.

TomTom5 on me little smartphone is bloody better than the Navman.

My opinion anyway.

Cheers,

Skip

rickt
22-03-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm chuffed to bit's with my Navman 570. Been getting a load of maps to try .It didn't like TT6 , so I've went back to TT5 but with a later map including Western Europe and it's much better. I have no need for a stand alone SatNav , this PDA aswell as having SmartST & TT on , gives me the internet , MP3's , movies , word ,excel etc all from a little package I can carry in my pocket , having satnav is just a bonus . My workplace is only a mile and a half away so, satnav is not a necessity.

umgum
04-11-2007, 10:20 PM
i got my navman 570 from halfords £35 :D
i like it it got me off pendle hill on halloween

The Skipper
05-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Had the Go910 for some months now and I think its definately the best satnav to date.
Took me all round Spain and France no probs.

I sold the Navman on fleabay and got a good deal :)

Skip

rickt
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I flogged one of my 570's to a m8 a while back , I didn't need two as I've put TT6 onto my mobile and got a Holox 44 channel Bluetooth reciever from fleabay.Working great , the screens a little smaller than the navman but I can still see it if I use my microscope :-)

Ghoulie
16-11-2007, 04:19 PM
i have a 510 - missus uses it - she's the original with no sense of direction whatsoever.

i u'g'd to a 530 & its a great little piece of kit - came with euro maps & used in Spain ok - speedtraps updated every month via web - sound as a pound in use with my radar detector to tell if they're switched on or not