PDA

View Full Version : tuner fix

jabjon
26-12-2006, 10:41 PM
My sammy VIACI wont keep the channels displayed as the signal keeps breaking up. Its OK on strong signals like hispasat but no good on digitalb and others.
Do I need a tuner or something else and if so who can fix them. Would a local slybox repairman be able to do the job.
If it cant be fixed what then, is a dreambox the way to go.
I want something with quality picture like the Samsung, Natura on Hispa looks like a HD picture sometimes.

McDude
27-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Digitalb's signal is weak anyway

You probably just need to re-align your dish

What other channels/frequencies are you having problems with?

jabjon
27-12-2006, 08:41 PM
I tried another receiver it was strength 75% Quality 97%. The sammy was never very strong its now 40% but still breaking up the sound and picture so its hard to follow any storyline.
Its fine on hispa and seems better now on premiere and hotbird.
I have Gibertini 1m dish. Am getting some breakup on other receiver and signal dropout on digitalb with it so know its not all the sammys fault.
Could electrical interference cause problems.

satwyn
28-12-2006, 01:13 PM
natura will be gone on hispasat soon 43W only with different encription

jabjon
02-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Tuner repaired now all is OK.
Sky repairman had little experience of other receivers but he changed the capacitors in the tuner and he was surprised when it worked he said.
Cost £35 for components and work.
Digitalb works fine using Conax cam in top CI. It breaks up in slot. :D
I got tm1500 as a backup but picture quality is still better in sammy, tm is a handy little thing.

McDude
07-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Tuner repaired now all is OK.
Sky repairman had little experience of other receivers but he changed the capacitors in the tuner and he was surprised when it worked he said.
Cost £35 for components and work.
Digitalb works fine using Conax cam in top CI. It breaks up in slot. :D
I got tm1500 as a backup but picture quality is still better in sammy, tm is a handy little thing.

Glad to hear you've found and solved the problem

The sammy has great picture quality and thanks to MAHDI, hopefully support for it will continue ;)

newton
10-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Spoke too soon.
I'm not sure if its the tuner but I cant scan or store any channels. The ones already there are fine. Maybe he thought it was a sly box and I didnt need to do any scanning.
I wonder would it be a memory chip problem or the tuner.

McDude
12-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Power it off at the back for a few minutes, do a factory default afterwards and then try a re-scan.

If all fails use ready made settings (hopefully these will store) and see if you get a picture

newton
13-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Reinstalled 1.29 and 1.33 firmware but no channel scanning. Serviceman said it was a software problem.
Reinstalled emu and got a blank display so I did it again using hyperterminal.

Reinstalled old channel list and all working well now.

multispeed
19-02-2007, 01:10 PM
hello
i've got the same problem, with my tuner.please tell me how to change the caps. i know there was a tutyorial on papagen a while ago but i can't find it anymore.. thanks

fiercewolf
24-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I have lost signal on my samsung 9500 via ci with loader 501, software 129 and hardware 504. The signal is good when using my sky box and on the same satellite and any other satellite there are no signal and i have tested the signals and they are loud and clear using a meter

abr
30-04-2007, 09:45 AM
hello
i've got the same problem, with my tuner.please tell me how to change the caps. i know there was a tutyorial on papagen a while ago but i can't find it anymore.. thanks

hi
i changed the capacitor on my spare samsung last week.
(i thought the tuner was playing up,now i realize that premiere had a signal problem)
so maybe there was no need to change it:confused:

anyway it is working well again.
i used a 220microfarad 16volt capacitor.
it is a little awkward to get at the capacitor.
and instructions are still available at papagens:D