PDA

View Full Version : innovative?

cliff123
27-12-2006, 11:46 AM
with the innovative receiver is it possible with a wireless router to have a wireless connection to internet as i would hate to have to run more cable if i get one of these receivers. any more information gratefully appreciated, thanx

maxpower
27-12-2006, 12:09 PM
I did try that by connecting my receiver to my spare laptop which I keep by my reciever and then sending the signal to my wireless router.I have a similar problem that my "office" where my router is situated is quite a distance away. Unfortunately I could not get it to work.I spent hours with no success. I just could not get to see the "innovative"
I think its down to my security on my laptop/wireless reciever.
I assume there must be a way but I could not do it.

Eugenie
27-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey all, just a little tip for ya and anyone else who owns or is interested in the Innovative stb...this is a Fortecstar receiver and there is a section for them here on Satpimps. Just thought Iīd mention it as many doesnīt seem to know itīs a Fortecstar. :)

Eugenie

sky55
27-12-2006, 05:13 PM
can i use this new reciever to connect to dreambox servers(newcamd servers) ?

proteus
27-12-2006, 07:20 PM
can i use this new reciever to connect to dreambox servers(newcamd servers) ?
In theory yes but I dont know of anybody who has. Regards N.

sky55
27-12-2006, 08:57 PM
thanx :) i hope this will be posible soon coz the innovative is much ceaper than DreamBox

proteus
27-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Hey all, just a little tip for ya and anyone else who owns or is interested in the Innovative stb...this is a Fortecstar receiver and there is a section for them here on Satpimps. Just thought Iīd mention it as many doesnīt seem to know itīs a Fortecstar. :)

Eugenie
Hi m8, They darent put their name on it yet! After they have rectified the bugs in it they might dare to put their name to it. Regards N.

cliff123
28-12-2006, 12:12 PM
sorry about posting my question in the wrong place, but wasn't sure where to place it. think i need to do bit more homework as i didn't know it was a fortecstar receiver. i'm thinking about that receiver, i've got a laptop so the wireless router is no problem. thanx for all the replys.

McDude
28-12-2006, 07:00 PM
sorry about posting my question in the wrong place, but wasn't sure where to place it. think i need to do bit more homework as i didn't know it was a fortecstar receiver. i'm thinking about that receiver, i've got a laptop so the wireless router is no problem. thanx for all the replys.

I don't think many people know it's a fortecstar. Until i read this thread, i thought it was a technomate!! :redface: :D

flashharry
26-01-2007, 09:13 PM
quote with the innovative receiver is it possible with a wireless router to have a wireless connection to internet as i would hate to have to run more cable if i get one of these receivers. any more information gratefully appreciated, thanx quote

Hi bit late but yes is ok I have a linksys wireless router and at receiver end I use a linksys game adapter WGA54G, no problem at all, last thing switch of both at main next time switched on works straight away.

xanadu
26-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi m8, They darent put their name on it yet! After they have rectified the bugs in it they might dare to put their name to it. Regards N.

I think it's because they (fortecstar) don't want to be associated with card sharing, as it could harm their main business if it ever goes to a court of law.

flashharry
26-01-2007, 09:27 PM
quote It is actually a brand new product for us. We brought in a few hundred samples to service our customers that were not Branded Fortec. The Newly launched product (same hardware and Facepanel) will be in a new Fortec Box. The plans are to have them instock by late January quote

Quote from email from fortec

f/h

maxpower
08-02-2007, 10:36 AM
I have got one and originally tried to connect it via my wireless laptop. But found the really easy answer was like Flashharry I use a linksys game adaptor and its so eeeeeasy. Just configured it on pc (2 mins) then plug it into the stb and away you go.