PDA

View Full Version : Problems recieving 5 Degrees West

Uncle Fester
27-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi All.

Scratching my head here, and looking for help. I am a newcomer to satellite tv and picked up a second-hand TM 5500CI super about a month ago.

Everything worked well for a couple of weeks until I rebooted the system after a dragon load and I lost all of the channels.

I went through the installation process in case the reboot had lost the satellites positions or transponders etc, to no avail, I then deleted Sirius at 5 degrees from the system to try and install it from the beginning, again to no avail.

It became apparent that the problem was hardware and not in the set up. Investigation proved that the Cambridge universal LNB had packed up. I replaced this with an Inverto IDL Silver Universal LNB and hey presto the system came back to life, and all the satellites reappeared with far better signal strength/quality levels than I ever had from the Cambridge LNB.

All except 5 degrees that is, which has disappeared from the satellite selection. I have gone through the installation procedure many times now, searching for all the associated transponders (12111/27500/Hor etc) moving the dish from both from 1 degrees and 7 degrees towards the 5 degree point. Its as if it has vanished!!!

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? Or could this be a problem with the Inverto LNB?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Uncle Fester:confused:

NeasdenNW10
12-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Just a thought, Sirius is at 5 degrees east, not 5 degrees west, as per the heading of this thread.
NW10

satwyn
12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
atlantic bird 3 5W try 12.543H