PDA

View Full Version : Humax 2000 - A few questions from a Dreambox owner!

dannybcfc
30-12-2006, 03:24 AM
Hi, I have brought myself a HDTV and now need to get a DH receiver, I have noticed the Humax 2000. I currently have a Dreambox which is great for c/s, reliability etc etc. I know people say dreambox's are akward but it seems easy enough to me.

Anyway, I am just wondering how easy are the Humax to set up? Will I get BBC HD etc without the need of any downloaded softcam etc? I have heard it needs a T-Rex cam to run the Humax, Is this true? Basically except for the Humax what will I need to be able to cardshare on it, Get free BBC HD channel etc?

If someone could fill me in that would be great.

beintot
30-12-2006, 06:38 PM
There isn't any card sharing on the humax that i know of,it's a very simple receiver to use,all settings are very basic.
bbc hd is free and ought to work fine on that channel with the 1.04 firmware.
No softcams involved,it's not a patchable receiver,i use a dragon cam on mine for my art card and sky card.

dannybcfc
30-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Firstly thanks for the response.

So if I buy a dragon / t-rex cam then subscription cards will work right? I have heard that c/s can be done via rs232 as you can get gbox for the Humax. Just need to know these things before spending nearly 350 pound on new equipment.

McDude
01-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Subscription cards should be o.k in dragon cam

I don't think you can cs with the HD2000, gbox is for the patched 5400(z) AFAIK