PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

timbo
09-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi echelon,
After a lot of mucking around the Technomate came today. Too windy to set it up today, but I have been reading the manual and it asks me to choose the polarity Vertical/Horizontal/All.
Someone told me that to get the Prem sport portal I have to have it on horizontal is that right or will picking 'All' sort it?
Many thanks,
Tim.

echelon
10-01-2007, 01:04 AM
use all and scan for all the channels and save

timbo
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
It scanned too many Satellites and I stopped it
then it said that its memory was full, less than 3,000. Is that because I scanned for radio stations as well?
Tim.

stevenalis
10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
If I was you I would delete all your radio channels to start with.

It is possible that you have scanned on motorised saettings so it works across the arc scanning al satellites. If that is case delete on each satellite scanned any channels you won't watch and add those you need.

Steve

timbo
10-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi Steve,
Do I have to delete the radio/tv channels individualy, or can I delete whole sats/radio without losing the 2 sats I want to keep?
Many thanks,
Tim.

timbo
11-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Blimey mates I keep on scanning with new Technomate.
I downloaded a new lot of channels like before but it keeps on saying memory full, the last time I pulled the plug I lost everything I dont want to do this again I went to exit to save but nothing happened. I aint going to pull the plug tonight. Any advice would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Tim.

Aldo
11-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi M8

"Do I have to delete the radio/tv channels individually",

To delete the radio channels: Press TV/Radio button- press OK - Menu - Edit Channels - Scroll down to Delete Channels - Press OK - at the bottom of the page you will see options to Delete Channels & Delete all Channels - press OK - then press Info - enter PIN Number 0000 - Do you want to delete? - press Yes - then OK- then hey Presto you have no Radio Channels, press exit until you come back to the main menu. Just make sure that you have the TV/Radio set to which ever you wish to delete, if you wish to delete all you could do a factory reset. If you wish to delete TV channels which you cannot/do not wish to receive, you will have to do them individually with: Menu - Edit Channels - press OK - scroll down to Delete channels - press OK - then you can proceed to delete any channels that you wish to receive. I hope that this is of some help to you.

timbo
12-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks Aldo,
That was so helpfull. sorted a lot of things I couldnt find in the manual. I Have now got a problem, I loaded a lot of channels, then pulled the plug and went out, now I cant find find the big list to add more channels. Have they all gone or can I call them up like I used to on my Triax box?
Many thanks,
Tim.