PDA

View Full Version : DM500S dead?

d2kssc
16-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Hello!

There are no any signs of life, tried DreamUp-nullmodem cable, but nothig. I cant flash it. And the two LEDs red and green also wont light up.
That happened while i watched the tv. The picture freezed, but the green LED was permanently ON, then i pulled out the 12v jack, waited about 10 seconds, putted it back, but than nothing. Nor leds, nor dreamup worked.
What is interesting when i connect it to the PC with crossover (LAN) cable, the PC detects it, but i cant FTP to the box.

What do you think guys? Should i contact the service?

Thanx

xanadu
16-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Is this a clone, or a real 500s ?

kmc
16-01-2007, 01:03 AM
got a prob myself,just bought my dream 500s today,trying to set it up,and thought i would change the skin,now screen has gone black,this is with the skins that are already pre installed.haven't even thought about patching it yet
any ideas anyone,i have tried unplugging,but to no avail,even the green light comes on
thanks in advance
kmc

d2kssc
16-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Its a real 500s

daddycool2
16-01-2007, 11:35 PM
have u tried flash erase and then upoloading original image using null modem. It worked for me.:D

kmc
16-01-2007, 11:55 PM
i done flash erase and uploaded new flash got it working now,i now have to put in the satellite positions.is there a file to download to do this or do i have to do this manually
cheers
kmc

dishdad
17-01-2007, 09:08 AM
i done flash erase and uploaded new flash got it working now,i now have to put in the satellite positions.is there a file to download to do this or do i have to do this manually cheers kmc

PM advises download site.

Download your preferred selection and FTP transfer the contents with DreamBoxEdit to the DB.

d2kssc
17-01-2007, 02:13 PM
My box was really dead. I got new box from dealer, it was under warranty. Offcourse the new one works like charm.
Thanx everyone for help !!!

kmc
18-01-2007, 02:15 AM
PM advises download site.

Download your preferred selection and FTP transfer the contents with DreamBoxEdit to the DB.

trying to download file to dbox,when i flashed my dbox it worked fine with the null modem cable,using ftp on dreamboxedit,but won't connect any ideas anyone
cheers
kmc

dishdad
18-01-2007, 08:58 AM
trying to download file to dbox,when i flashed my dbox it worked fine with the null modem cable,using ftp on dreamboxedit,but won't connect any ideas anyone cheers kmc

Well, as long as you have established proven connectivity between the DB and your PC it should be straightforward. Not read your other threads if any, but if you have used an FTP transfer before with the DB then I guess all is connected ok!

The IP in the prog config of DreamBoxEdit should be the same as the 'Communication setup' config you have set your receiver to, ie: in this example, 192.168.1.2

12150 12151

(the Nameserver & Gateway fields are partially blanked for privacy with this shot and are of course normally complete although not required in the DreamBoxEdit config).

kmc
19-01-2007, 03:13 AM
thanks for the info dishdad,tried what you said but to no avail,like i ssaid i used the null modem cable for reflashing my db with the dream up software,but have not used the ftp,done as you said but no joy,could it be it is only for wireless connection and not to use with the null modem cable
cheers again
kmc

Slap
19-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Just a thought have used Dreamup with just the null modem cable connected ie;no scart or LNB cable connected,the 500s is poor on mains power a lot of owners go for a two amp power unit instead of the one amp that comes with 500s.

kmc
19-01-2007, 10:36 PM
dreamup looks as though it doesn't allow all software to be downloaded
regards
kmc

Slap
20-01-2007, 02:27 AM
kmc,
Dreamup is just right if you only have just got a new Dreambox and you want to change the image or if you have got problems that a FTP software can not solve you use Dreamup to arase and then you Download a image with Dreamup then you put in your settings then when you are happy with your settings you then can use a FTP software to save your settings on your PC just in case you use Dreamup again.Try other FTP software there are plenty about.

jerrell
20-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi I have just joined and I hope you can help me. I need to find out how to open my dream box 500c/t do I need to download or upload first from my computer info and how do I go about doing this.

P.s I'm very new to this so I'm lost at present

xanadu
20-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi I have just joined and I hope you can help me. I need to find out how to open my dream box 500c/t do I need to download or upload first from my computer info and how do I go about doing this.

P.s I'm very new to this so I'm lost at present

If you are talking about the cable version of DM500C then that subject is not allowed here. Read the forum rules.
3) no discussion of any SKY TV hacks , or cable tv hacks , dboxes or any cable equipment whatsoever or of any forums that have that information on them