PDA

View Full Version : one of my dishes came away the wall in the winds need a tip

fishhead
20-01-2007, 06:33 PM
dreambox 500 moteck on the pole i had to re fix the bolts with chemical fixing because bricks are soft stocks and the wind pulled out the raw bolts now the pole has proberbly moved around so will have to be realigned but i think the dish was on astra1 when i power on the box wich i havent yet the box will try to go to hotbird so how can i power the dish to the centre so i can spin the pole to 1 west and also if i have to reprogram the motor is there an easy reset of the positions

fishhead
21-01-2007, 04:07 PM
can u help

dajam
21-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Use 'goto x' function, it will centre the motor at 0deg.

fishhead
21-01-2007, 11:04 PM
could u please explain the gotox function

dajam
22-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Some motors have a goto x button on them, to enable it to go to a preset postion of 0 degrees. if it does'nt then on your dreambox got to setup/service searching and on the first page you have the option to tick a box labeled 'use goto x', tick this box then go to next page and in the drop down box choose go to x and the motor will centre itself at 0 degrees.

fishhead
22-01-2007, 08:16 PM
would u then turn off the gotox and then reprogram all the positions

dajam
22-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Yes because when you reposition the dish it may be slightly different than the original positions. Once you have Thor at 1 west at full signal strength the rest will fall into place, it's a pain but worth it, make sure you tighten those bolts around the pole well. If your motor supports USALs you can of course do it automatically.