PDA

View Full Version : Can't get ITV2,3,4 or RAI 123

Satman68
26-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I am unable to get the above. ITV's on Astra 2 with 1m motorised dish, and RAI 1,2,3 on hotbird. I have a 75-80% signal strength on Astra and similar on hotbird. I have checked the transponder frequencies and they are up to date, I am able to get other channels on the sats, but some other transponders I get 'no signal'. If I scan the transponder even though there is no signal from it I can still get the channel names but when I go to the channel I get 'no signal'

Does anyone know what the prob could be?

Thanks

Satman68

fernandez
26-01-2007, 11:53 PM
What make/model of receiver are you using?
Were you previously able to receive the channels which are now missing?
Is (perhaps) the channel memory full and some redundant transponders need removing?
I could be wrong, but initially it looks like a receiver problem rather than dish.

Satman68
27-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks for your reply. Yes I agree it could be the decoder. The decoder is a cheap Comag SL65 (silvercrest). Strangely though I could get RAI on the small 40cm plastic dish that came with it. I just opened the window and moved the dish until I got hotbird (no motor of course!) and it worked. Since mounting a 1m dish onto a ground mount with a Motek motor and 20m of sat cable (cai approved) I can't get them. I have cleared the transponders and channels and rescanned but I still get the same problem.

fernandez
27-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Wierd:confused:
Have you looked at the Comag forum as they may be some help

Just looked!!
Was that you in December
Post subject: Can't get ITV3,4 and 2
I have scanned the correct transponder, the channel names come up but when I go to the channel the decoder says 'no signal' I am getting a signal strength of 75-80% with all other transponders. I have also tried putting in the PID and Video PID's in by hand but still nothing. Can anyone help?
But no replies!!

ManikM
27-01-2007, 12:50 AM
you dont have a splitter do you, or feeding 2 boxes?!>

are the ones u CAN get just either H or V only?

Satman68
27-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks m8s. I would need to check if they are H or V

Slap
27-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Just to add are they under another name as that receiver has got a sensitive tuner.

satwyn
27-01-2007, 08:18 AM
do you have 2 seperate lnb's on the dishes swap them over the lnb from the small dish onto the motorised dish and see what happens