PDA

View Full Version : Pixellation on T*S channels.

wireman
29-01-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm using both Neotionbox NB501 and Technomate 1500ci+. I'm getting pixellation picture breakup on various T*S channels. The problem is fairly constant and possibly most noticeable on 11660V..
My signal strength and quality show up as 94%/75% with the tecky and 82%/68% with the Neotionbox. The interference is much more obvious though on the Technomate. I'm sure I don't have any obvious scources of interefernce in the house. Is anyone else getting this problem?

TheBadger
30-01-2007, 09:25 AM
:confused: I had similar problems with my TM1600. In fact some channels were unwatchable so I went into the installation/satellite setup menu option and checked the stored transponder parameters. The problem channels were on transponders with incorrect parameters. Don't know how they changed but when I corrected them, back kame the channels!:D

wireman
30-01-2007, 01:55 PM
:confused: I had similar problems with my TM1600. In fact some channels were unwatchable so I went into the installation/satellite setup menu option and checked the stored transponder parameters. The problem channels were on transponders with incorrect parameters. Don't know how they changed but when I corrected them, back kame the channels!:D
Thanks TheBadger (or should I say Badger), I'll look into that in my menu. regards, wireman.

wireman
30-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I have since checked my settings and they look ok. But I have now deleted hundreds of unwanted channels from the channels list and now the problem seems to have gone, although it may be to early to say. Is it possible the T*S patch was running out of memory? Also now I can change volume setting without upsetting the picture.

TheBadger
31-01-2007, 08:24 AM
:D Glad to hear it! Sounds very much like a memory issue from what you describe. Personally I do some house keeping on a regular basis and delete every channel I don't view at least once a week and all the radio channels.

wireman
31-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, now I can confirm that deleting about 1400 unused channels from HB has solved the problem entirely! That's the last time I shall use blind search!
I'll stick to specific TP searches in future.

ekon
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
glasd you sorted it m8..I do know that DECT phonei n same room as rcvr used to screw my TPS up..also affected DSF channel if I remember