PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple of questions?

bri2coool
02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
I had a 95cm dish with a @sat motor fitted in november but I have had nothing but trouble. I have had to call the installers out nearly every month because the wind is blowing the dish out of alignment.

They are coming back again because one of the arm's that's attached to the LNB has snapped. In fact they are going to fit a new dish and stuff.

The house is east facing on a corner and when they fitted the dish they used 12" wall brackets so the dish is really far out.

My question is about the wall mounted brackets. I was told that they had to be 12" long so I could pick up Hispasat and so on, but I think that's a load of BS?

How far from the wall should a motorised system be?:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

TheBadger
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
:D Far enough so that when it's at it's extremes it's not hitting anything! The bigger the dish the further out it has to be!

Slap
02-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Bri2coool,
You state "The House is east facing on a corner" would that be North east,South east or just spot on east very important as to 30 west.

A after thought,is the house a semi if so what house is it the North one or the South one.

bri2coool
03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Slap it's the north east

I agree Badger, but they fitted a 1m dish by mistake and they never changed the wall mouted bracket.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what they do

mikel
04-03-2007, 03:53 PM
I hope they have used a 2" steel scaffold pole and not aluminium, that is all that should be used for that size of dish. I have installed many motorised setups and never had a recall even after high winds, Regards mike :)

mikel
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
Make sure that they have set the limits to 35 degrees west max and 45 degrees east max. The dish will not collide then with the walls. The T bracket should be mounted at the top and the K at least 2ft below if using a short mast of about 18 ". The motor unit should be mounted between the brackets....:)