PDA

View Full Version : Smart card is extracted problem

dimr21
03-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone,

when i put any card in the slot, it says smart card is extracted for three times and then invalid card. It does the same thing with an official nova card and a fun card.

I tried resetting it, applied the patches from the beginning but the problem still persists.

It used to do it the odd time in the past but it worked again properly after leaving it in standby for 10 minutes but now it has gone like that for 5 hours.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

navas
04-02-2007, 08:37 AM
The same problem happened to me and the solution was very simple than i thought. I cleaned exposed copper part of the smart card with a clean cloth carefully until it turned bright. Reinserted it.

Now i think, only think, your problem may be inside the Humax where it reads the smart cards. How would you clean it? No idea.

voith driver
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
also the contacts go upwards

dimr21
07-02-2007, 02:17 AM
I finally managed to make it work by using an old season interface I have. I Used WCE once and it recognised the season and then I put the smartcard and it worked.

I think my hummy wants to have a break every now and then :D

DAYDAY
08-02-2007, 12:17 AM
You can also re-programm your card with any old Irdeto file....Normally does the trick

Even works with a very old Gold card and Irdeto file......Beats having the season interface hanging out of your machine