PDA

View Full Version : Signal problems

Tally
04-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Any help,
I seem to have lost signal quality since the recent heavy winds in South Manchester about 2 weeks ago. I can still get 19e and 13e signals good but have lost about 10% quality since before the winds, have lost 16e digitalb completly but still get ***** and shiqptar channels, have been quoted over £100 pounds for realignment which will clearly be a 10 minute job. Question is could I do it myself without a sat meter?
Also I can move dish east and west to fine tune but still no good so I think dish has shifted elevation does this sound right,
Tally.

echelon
04-02-2007, 12:39 AM
I too found my motor and dish had moved , so have looked into other solutions for the main sats , as recorded in the dish and lnb discussion forums here

if you get your sat box and tv near the dish and connect up , you can use the box to realign the dish , but it is time consuming but can be done if you persevere

the main thing is to check your pole is perfectly vertical using a spirit level

then set 1 west up ( bbc world )

then set 28 east and 30 west , checking 1 west each time to ensure you get the arc

then check 42 east and 43 west or 45 west , again checking 1 west is ok

eventually you should get the arc if no damage has been done , and so check all major sats on the arc

otherwise its pay someone to do it for you , and I dont think it will be a 10 minute job m8 , I spent over 5 hours trying to do this a couple of weeks ago and gave up in the end as its too cold etc

Tally
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow thought maybe it would be quite straight forward, thanks for the info mate, think will wait a couple of weeks till it gets warmer then give it a try,
Tally