PDA

View Full Version : Humax Help

etep
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi To all, I have a HUMAX5400Z FOR ABOUT TEN YEARS AND IT’S ON THE BLINK, THE PICTURE KEEPS GOING OFF AND ON, THE MUTE PACKED UP LAST WEEK ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME. I LIVE IN THE WEST MIDLANDS, ANYONE IN AREA CAN HELP. THANK’S TO ALL ETEP.

zad
04-02-2007, 01:31 PM
sounds like the psu could be on the blink, however dont quite understand how the mute has gone faluty? button stuck down on the remote mabie?
when you say picture goes off and on do you get a signal still? if not your lnb may be faulty dish is out of alignment (it has been a little windy latley) or cable may also be faulty.

ps remember not to type in caps its a nightmare to read!

etep
04-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi zad signal & dish ok when Humax is cold it's ok it's when its warmed up it flashes on and off it's been ok for ten years whats on the blink. the mute proberly as nothing to do with the on & off thing. Etep

zad
04-02-2007, 02:34 PM
ok if this happens when its getting hot it is most certainly something to do with the psu.
the electrolitic caps are most likley to blame ether that or dry joints, you have two options here
1 replace the psu
2 replace the faulty components, if you look in the stickies voith has posted the most common problamatic components.
however if you are happy to check you could always mesure the volatages on the connecting strip with a multi meter just to confirm my thoughts, however a 10year old psu has done you proud concidering how hot they get lol