PDA

View Full Version : Tomtom Speed Cameras U.K. - February 14th

Russell1
15-02-2007, 12:13 AM
PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database Version 5.023 14 Feb 2007

There are a total of 10,415 verified cameras in the database and 1,188 unverified mobile sites (total combined: 11,603). 3,862 Gatso/Monitron/Truvelo, 5,323 Mobiles, 23 Temporary, 212 Specs and 995 Redlight Cameras.
We have had a total of 62 verified static cameras added this release.

Each file covers all of the speed cameras, so only use one of them depending on how much information you want.

The ZONED cameras are split up into different camera groups - Gatso, Mobile, Redlight, Specs & Temp - and then these groups are split up again into the various different speed limits - 20mph, 30, 40, 50, 60 & 70 - except for the Redlight cameras.

The CONSOLIDATED cameras are just split up into the different camera groups Gatso, Mobile, Redlight, Specs & Temp - so just one file for each group.

The SINGLE cameras has only one file which covers all of the cameras.

How to upload the Speed Cameras :-
Extract the contents from whichever file you decide to use, then copy all the .OV2 and .BMP files and paste them into the map folder on your memory card.

For customised speed camera warning sounds have a look here :-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-go-poi-alerts.php

All speed cameras here :-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4DJLRWZ
&

http://rapidshare.com/files/16496271/Tomtom_Speed_Cameras_14th_Feb_200 7.zip

Russell1
15-02-2007, 01:12 AM
There are some extra camera files in this lot of releases named ' pmobile ' -

Because it is Valentines Day and because we love you so much, this release sees the return of the unconfirmed mobile sites but now in a separate file so you can choose whether or not to install them. The unverified cameras are designated by the code pmobile for example in the speed-zoned release will be called pocketgps_uk_pmobile_30 etc. The single file downloads now contain 2 files - one with all the verified files and one with just the unverified mobile sites - feel free to compile them if you wish. Speed Zoned sets now have 33 files and the consolidated file set has 6.

Please note that the unverified mobile (pmobile) locations are just that: unverified and unchecked and PocketGPSWorld hold no liability for their accuracy - we were asked to provide them, so we have.

tomdick
15-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks m8

sehraa
22-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I have just recently purchased the TOMTOM ONE satnav and was wondering how to get the safety cameras so thanks for this mate.:D

sehraa
22-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Anyone know why I am unable to find a maps directory on my ONE? Could it have something to do with the fact that this is structured differently and the instructions printed above are for other versions of TOMTOM?

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Russell1
22-02-2007, 09:06 AM
It could be that the folders are hidden on your Tomtom - open up a folder - go to TOOLS - Folder Options - VIEW tab - & then tick box for 'Show hidden files and folders'.

sehraa
22-02-2007, 06:19 PM
I have been told that I was taking it too literally. There is no "MAP" directory on my TT because the map folder is called United_Kingdom_Republic_of_Irelan d so I have copied the files into this directory and it appears to be working.

Thanks for your instructions.:redface: