PDA

View Full Version : mrs washes 6230

simon 2003
18-02-2007, 12:07 PM
my mrs has just put my 6230 through the washing machine:D ,shes in bits cos it had loads of pics on it of our little boy most were backed up but not all,when i shake it i can feel small droplets of water coming out ive had the hairdryer on it gently but still no life any ideas or is it dead,cheers for any thoughts chaps

pilsner
18-02-2007, 12:31 PM
dont switch on until totally dry it needs stripping and drying it may survive u could put it in tumble dryer (joke) sorry.pilsner

simon 2003
18-02-2007, 12:37 PM
lol cheers m8,ive had a read about and soaking the pcb in meths can help.just ordered a torqe 6 screwdriver from the bay

tadge
18-02-2007, 01:02 PM
washed my nokia twice

put it in tha airing cupboard for a fortnight, worked spot on

xanadu
18-02-2007, 01:10 PM
My sister dropped her Nokia down the toilet, but it still worked after drying out.

The only problem is that once a phone has had water damage, it's life will be much reduced due to slow corrosion process of the PCB and the components. The circuit boards are multi-layer so you can't see the damage.

It will be best to buy a new phone ASAP if you want a phone that will work properly.

Termy
18-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Get it to a reputable repair shop asap.

They with bathe it in an ultra sonic bath. There is a very good chance this will repair the handset and there wont be any problems afterwards.

Dont switch it on or try charging it up. Dont just strip it down and put it in the airing cupboard or try repairing it with WD-40 or meths. You will still encounter problems afterwards.

russell
18-02-2007, 05:31 PM
when i dropped my 6230 in the sink of hot water,all i did was took back and front off battery and sim out then blew water out with commpressed air. left to dry on radiator all night.still going strong
Russell