PDA

View Full Version : mvision E+ fs7000 have i now buggered it?

mastercare
24-02-2007, 07:14 PM
hi just been trying diff firmware to resolve premier world going off after 10 secs or so
but i just programmed firmware 2.94 as i was recommended this ..it all programmed ok and at end come good on display..it says sw off and on at end which i did...
now when i sw on red led stays lit and it wont boot...have i destroyed it or what can i do now..
cheers for any help please

mastercare

jackpot18uk
24-02-2007, 07:31 PM
you should have updated the bootloader first, you might still be able to do this. I've put the files in the public upload, make sure you read the instructions

mastercare
24-02-2007, 07:43 PM
thanks jackpot18uk
i recently have had the rec changed by ***** as it kept going off on digitalb..with official card..
i had the mvision 8080 series b4 that..
ok thanks for file which i have read..
dont know if this was upgraded at any time..
but still no joy as red light stays on i guess its not comming out standby..as mvision utils cannot now connect to it...<says com error>
so i guess its only fit for the dustbin..
oh well you learn some tomes the hard way...
but thanks agn for your very quick reply...
mastercare

jackpot18uk
24-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Have you tried doing this on MVisionE+Utl
1) Click Setup Comm button to display Communication Setup menu.
2) Enter the proper COM port.
3) Turn OFF the Power switch of the receiver.
4) Click the Upgrade Bootloader and firmware button, click 'Select' to search for the file
5) Select the file you want and open it.
6) Turn ON the Power switch of the STB.
7) The Upgrade Software process should start automatically.
you may have to try this a few times.

or you could try mitega vision tools and try a force update

mastercare
24-02-2007, 09:02 PM
thanks agn jackpot18uk
what you say is exactly what i have done all day...the green light would come on in mvision utils...but im not getting that far now as its stuck in standby the utils prog cant communicate with the sat rec anymore...?
but you mention mitega force what and where can i get this...
thanks agn
mastercare

jackpot18uk
24-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Look in Visionnet section, tools, you'll find 'Vision Tools 2.9', this will work with M-Vision
Run
Click 'Idioma', Click 'Ingles'
Click com port you use, Then connect.( it prob wont connect.)
Where it says firmware click '...' to load bootloader
it will say' STB could not be detected, do you want to continue' click yes
open bootloader upgrade and underneath click 'upgrade bootloader'
then click force update.
it might work.

mastercare
24-02-2007, 09:22 PM
add on to last post...found mitega software same problem
says trying to connect connection failed ...so i cant do anything with that either...ive now got the lid off can i rewrite the bootloader or firmware using my cas 2 interface? i notice a 10 pin socket on end of board...
any help please...
cheers agn
mastercare

jackpot18uk
24-02-2007, 09:28 PM
The only other way is to use a JTAG cable, to Jtag the receiver back to original firmware. For this you'll need a powered Jtag cable which will cost between £20-£30, you could try e bay, I got mine from Germany

madsod
24-02-2007, 09:30 PM
cas 2 no you need jtag graham 7 is the one who can help m8

Graham7
24-02-2007, 09:56 PM
I have upload the files I have got on my computer. I do not know how to do this so cannot help with doing it.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=427001#post42700 1

mastercare
25-02-2007, 02:40 AM
sorry graham 7 that link you give does not go anywhere well not with me...
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showth...001#post427001
ive got the jtag software and a mate is posting me the cas 2 add on..ive identified the flash chip on mine its a M29W160ET it seems i need to connect to cn 1 connector to speak directly to the flash chip...it must got corrupted somehow.the normal aproach with any software through the rs232 port now seems impossible..so this is my only hope..i have mixed information wether this can be done with a cas 2 and the add on..so if any u guys been down this avenue let me know...
cheers all agn
mastercare

artware
25-02-2007, 11:23 AM
for instructions see tools and editors section

goodluck:D

mastercare
25-02-2007, 03:28 PM
thanks guys for all your input..found out how to jtag...and getting lead made up..as i speak..so will let you know out come
cheers
mastercare

splinters24hr
29-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, with the chip you have it is fairly straightforward to resurrect this box, using jtag.

regards,

Dave