PDA

View Full Version : Humax HDCI 2000 new firmware appears to be out!

gav28
02-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Has anybody tried the updated firmware that is available from the Humax HCSA WWW site? It was released on 14th Feb! Just wondering if there is any feedback at all? The release notes don't exactly say a lot and the version number looks a little strange, it appears to be going backwards!

h__p://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/download/products/hdci-2000t.asp

nb: You'll need a humax support account, which is free to register, in order to download the firmware.

cheers

Gavin

Details of the release below:-

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTE For HDCI-2000T(Trial Version)
Environment
Software version HDXTCI 1.00.01
Loader version a 4.90
System ID 3030.0000
Last updated 17 NOV 2006
Release Note
Fixed Problem and Additional Function

Fixed a problem that the ghost image appears when the signal level or quality is bad.
Improved an Audio and Video PCR Issue.

Bob Warriner
02-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Has anybody tried the updated firmware that is available from the Humax HCSA WWW site? It was released on 14th Feb! Just wondering if there is any feedback at all? The release notes don't exactly say a lot and the version number looks a little strange, it appears to be going backwards!

h__p://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/download/products/hdci-2000t.asp

nb: You'll need a humax support account, which is free to register, in order to download the firmware.

cheers

Gavin

Details of the release below:-

SOFTWARE RELEASE NOTE For HDCI-2000T(Trial Version)
Environment
Software version HDXTCI 1.00.01
Loader version a 4.90
System ID 3030.0000
Last updated 17 NOV 2006
Release Note
Fixed Problem and Additional Function

Fixed a problem that the ghost image appears when the signal level or quality is bad.
Improved an Audio and Video PCR Issue.

This software is for the Humax HDCI-2000T, not the HDCI-2000.
The "T" is for the trial version of the receiver that some Freeview customers received for the trial of terrestrial HD transmissions in the London area.

Bob.

dog-man
02-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I always believed this to be for a terrestrial based receiver despite some claiming I was wrong!

dog-man

Bbigfoot
02-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Gav,

DM and BW are rite, its a terrestrial STB Firmware download.
Just looked again the HDCI2000T is not the HDCI2000.
The (T) does not stand for (Trial Version) it stands for (Terrestrial).
That will be the reason I had error (E 01) when I uploaded it to the HDCI2000.

BF...

xanadu
02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
It always pays to double check any firmware you are thinking of loading in your receiver. :eek:

gmcinema
03-03-2007, 03:00 AM
Has anybody tried the updated firmware that is available from the Humax HCSA WWW site? It was released on 14th Feb! Just wondering if there is any feedback at all? The release notes don't exactly say a lot and the version number looks a little strange, it appears to be going backwards![/LIST]
WHy don't you try it yourself? WIth all the info you provided I must be easy just to check for yourself!

gav28
03-03-2007, 10:19 AM
WHy don't you try it yourself? WIth all the info you provided I must be easy just to check for yourself!

Absolutely I could, but I had a doubt in my mind whether it was the correct firmware, the version numbers didn't add up, hence my question! Better to be safe than sorry. :)

As others have said, this now turns out to be firmware for the Terrestrial version of the box.