PDA

View Full Version : flashing db 500s

kennyboy
04-03-2007, 11:30 PM
i need to flash db but where pc is i will have to move everything so i can flash with null lead what i want to know do i need coxail cable in or will it be ok without it connected thanks

xanadu
04-03-2007, 11:39 PM
You do not need coax cable plugged in to flash new image.

Maybe you should think about networking, and then you would not have to keep moving the DB.

kennyboy
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
so i will not need null cable then ive only seen it done with null cable i have 500 that is up and running thru network thanks

dajam
06-03-2007, 06:28 PM
If you dreambox is connected to your network you can use flash****** pro to flash with a new image, it's about 20mins quicker the telnet via null modem cable, then for other things like keys/cams you can use an ftp prog like dreamcc
google these progs they are free.
Best bet is to set your db with a static ip, that way you always know the address.

filmfan46
06-03-2007, 08:19 PM
If its like the 7020 then you need both the null modem and network lead.
For flashing main image I use dreamup.Takes just over 2 mins with both leads and lots longer with just null modem.Make sure DHP is unticked in settings or they could change.

kegrka
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Warning
please read the info about the image you are going to flash in a 500 most of the max var type state use only a null cable and dreamup . my 500 froze totally when i used flash ***pro 6,had to get it changed. green light came on then died after a couple of mins and would not boot.

The Warning is there ....
I have flash a 500 with just the null cable installed .it worked fine. buit you do need the correct dream up I used the aio version for the 500 no probs

LETS ROLL

kegrka
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Kenny boy
stick with the null cable when reflashing, you know its easy to do

LETS ROLL

dajam
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Warning
please read the info about the image you are going to flash in a 500 most of the max var type state use only a null cable and dreamup . my 500 froze totally when i used flash ***pro 6,had to get it changed. green light came on then died after a couple of mins and would not boot.

The Warning is there ....
I have flash a 500 with just the null cable installed .it worked fine. buit you do need the correct dream up I used the aio version for the 500 no probs

LETS ROLL

A max var (compressed) image can be over flashed with another max var image using flashpro 6, if you want to put an uncompressed image you have to use null modem and flash erase.

I have installed 3 gemini images with flashpro wirelessly with no probs on my 500s.
Using a max var image uses a smaller partition allowing more memory for cams and plugins etc.

kennyboy
09-03-2007, 10:59 PM
thanks every1 for your post got it going went kegrka way it all fine thanks

kegrka
10-03-2007, 06:12 PM
"The MaxVar Image (dm500/56xx) is only running in flash (it has been only tested that way). Please do only use DreamUp and don´t forget the flash erase. Do not use other tools like FW or DCC."
Directly from image info do as you please

LETS ROLL