PDA

View Full Version : SLU UK Card with X200 series receivers

mjn
24-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi
I have tried to use the VideoGuard card ( SLY UK ) in the card slot. The firmware data states that the card slot will encode Videoguard cards for SLY Italia and SLY UK. I can't speak for SLY Italia but SLY UK doesn't work properly.
Using my card from my SLY UK box it will work in a dragon CAM but not in the Vantage card slot properly. The channel decrypts for 10 seconds, freezes for 5 seconds comes back again for 10 seconds freezes again for 5 seconds and so on......
I think the firmware is not fully compatible because the card has to be matched to the receiver's serial number. The dragon CAM has the facility to enter the receiver's number but the Vantage doesn't. Has anyone else found the same problem ?
It is not usable in it's current format.:frown:

angles
15-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I have just a freeview card for Ch 4/ five Sky 3, but its working.

I have the card in the top slot, and first I also had freezer as you wrote. I then switched the box off and restarted. Its working fine since then.

I have the X221TS CI by the way, and the FW is the orig. 00040001AO

I also use my Dragon with that orig Firmware. All running very stable.

angles

mjn
15-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info !

angles
16-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Seems I shot to fast.

I watched about 2 hours yesterday ch 4 , and had no problems, today I have them again.
I have absolutelly no idea why.

Has anyone a UK card successfully in use???

angles

edit: I told the wrong firmware (was the loader), I have 00070001AOP on my box. No idea where this is from, as I can not find it anywhere!!! but it was on the box when I got it.

mjn, what FW do you use?

angles
02-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Hey!

I have some interesting news on that topic.

I had a discussion on an other forum about Vantage and Sky ROI Card. And a member there said his Sky ROI Card with the world package is working 100% in the vantage with the latest Firmware (also posted here). No freezers, and whats most interesting, movie and sports channels are also clearing!!! No need for a serial.
Could be that ROI Cards are not paired to the box???

Back to the freezres, I tried also this new firmware, but still have them. Maybe its the card? Different rev.?

It would be very interesting to determin why some work and some not so more feedback from guys having a vantage and a sky (freeview) card here would be grateful.

angles

pege63
05-05-2007, 11:24 AM
after flashed a new FW did you eraised all channels boot and do a nother channel scan se if that help sometimes it do