PDA

View Full Version : Fortec Star Beta.

mossy
01-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi All,

I'm new to this so please help me as much as you are able.

I have the Alpha/Beta reciever, Universal KU LNB, 1 Meter Dish.
As there are no card slots in this reciever i cannot purchase these cams?
Is there a way of watching encoded channels as there are hundreds that i cannot view co's they are pay to view and if so is there a precise step by step guide. I have the cable but where do i go from there and is there a way of downloading all sattellite channels from the internet to my reciever.

Thank's,
mossy.

stamfordblue
29-05-2007, 10:48 PM
PM me and I'll give you some help :D

Graham7
30-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Why not help on the forum as it will help other members as long it does not break the rules.

zcar
30-05-2007, 08:11 PM
I've bought 1 of these betas off ****** and its arrived today, but what I need to do is delete all the transponders and channels, just tried via the pc and a null modem cable connected, go to settings in the rx and press ok to receive stb data, connect with channel editor, watch the progress to download to the PC so I can edit the Sat listings, next thing channel editor in XP returns the error box and do I want to send to micros hit.

I've looked all over for a channel listing to upload to the STB, don't want any transponders in the file at all because I want to search from scratch :cool:

chrome307
30-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Are the BETA receivers any good?

The reason why is that I see them being over for only £30 ..... very cheap for a 2nd receiver if it's patchable.

zcar
31-05-2007, 12:26 AM
There very good mate for £30.00...ordered mine on Monday evening Bank Holiday and it was here 1st thing this morning {Wednesday] ;)

I only want it for feeds and Ive found stacks today, mainly news though :D

I think my problem trying to retrieve channel settings from the STB to the PC lie's with XP not liking the little editor programme, not to worry though as I'll have to delete all the transponder via the remote and then just Blind scan for the new ones :p

chrome307
31-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks for letting me know, is their a review for this anywhere?

stamfordblue
31-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Why not help on the forum as it will help other members as long it does not break the rules.

That's why I said about PM.Didn't want to get into trouble :D
The box is patchable and is very good value for £30.
I have had a problem with it though on scanning.
Added Sat at 1W the other day and found it wouldn't scan properly and didn't save any new channels :eek:
Deleted 1W and all ok again.:D
The Blind Scan does take a long time.Doing a full scan on 4Mhz steps takes about 70 minutes.
Problem with that is a early scan feed find may have gone by the time you've finished!
If you Google al7bar-soft1 that will help with your patching ;)

chrome307
31-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the info mate :)

Are they better than the Lifetime Ultra Plus FTA Receiver (Satellite scan, simultaneous scan with 4 satellites) for £35 ?

Seen them at my local ******s electrical store as B Grade Stock ... otherwise their £50.

When you say 'Blind Scan' .... is that for ALL the satellites or just 1 ??

PowerScan + Blind Scan are the same thing?

stamfordblue
31-05-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi chrome
Not had use of the Lifetime Ultra Plus but my guess is it's a good buy for £35.
Like the sound of simultaneous scan of 4 sats.
I've seen the Beta selling for £79.99 on the web.
Yes...Power Scan is basically Blind Scan.
You can Blind Scan ALL satellites but only 1 at a time :)
I've just done some editing with the Channel Editor and both Upload & Download worked ok.
Trying to download TPS.bin file into the box.Downloads ok but nothing working.

chrome307
01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Is 70 minutes a long time ..... I have a TM1500 and haven't once done a Full Scan ..... from memory this takes a few hours and needs to left running overnight :(

Keep us posted on your updates, TPS is a tricky package at present, no luck with D+?

stamfordblue
01-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Well....70 minutes is a long time compared to my SL65.That takes around 3-4 minutes!
Not sure how thorough it is but picks up quite a few feeds.I expect the Fortec will get more though.
Coship is pretty quick from what I've heard as well.
No problem with D+ :)
A warning/tip..
Once you've done a Blind Scan it will automatically scan the sat.
This means it scans everything incl Scrambled, FTA, Radio & Data.
If you don't want it all just stop the search and go scan the sat from the Menu.
You'll then be able to include/exclude what you want. :)

chrome307
03-06-2007, 12:07 AM
I've got a SL65 lying around, the only reason why it's been packed away is that the remote has gone belly up.

I did use it for 16e mainly (FOX Sports) but then the remote stopped working. Maybe I should get a new remote instead ??

dishdad
03-06-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice to see this info and input about Fortec receivers, this along with the current 'in fashion' Technomate is good for the hobby and is aided by cost effective selling. The prices allow lots of peeps to have to have multiple receivers and fuels competition with suppliers/websites etc, certainly at the mo creating lots of new threads on the forum with some very helpful tutorial steps, seems a long time now since the Humax/Dreambox initial launch hype but don't think you will hear many moans about value for money even at their seemingly THEN, high launch prices.

Re: the SL65, still running 100% and as 'stamfordblue' indicates, fast on scanning and personally, except for the Televes, still has the most sensitive tuner for transponder lock. Posted before in other threads that loads of SL65's have been returned to the LID**stores by owners, you can usually get these at aroung €20 each here in Spain if you make the store manager an offer to take them as seen.

As 'Graham7's post indicates, stay inside the rules and post the info here for all to benefit.

Best of luck to you Fortec owners, sounds good!

stamfordblue
03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I've got a SL65 lying around, the only reason why it's been packed away is that the remote has gone belly up.

I did use it for 16e mainly (FOX Sports) but then the remote stopped working. Maybe I should get a new remote instead ??

You might find a One For All works it or if you're really lucky one of the Poundland ones might

stamfordblue
10-07-2007, 10:50 PM
I've bought 1 of these betas off ****** and its arrived today, but what I need to do is delete all the transponders and channels, just tried via the pc and a null modem cable connected, go to settings in the rx and press ok to receive stb data, connect with channel editor, watch the progress to download to the PC so I can edit the Sat listings, next thing channel editor in XP returns the error box and do I want to send to micros hit.

I've looked all over for a channel listing to upload to the STB, don't want any transponders in the file at all because I want to search from scratch :cool:

Did you succeed?
I have a Channel Editor for the Beta where you can delete the TPs.
I'll upload it :)