PDA

View Full Version : Kathrein ufs 9100

davet
03-04-2007, 05:55 PM
just seen this on another site linux based & ethernet would it run dreambox stuff

�� Reception of digital satellite TV and radio channels in the DVB-S and DVB-S2 transmission standards
�� Video decoding of MPEG-2 and MPEG-4-/H.264 signals
�� 16-digit alphanumeric display to show the channel names and programme information
�� 4,000 channel memory positions
�� Kathrein-easy-use EPG with timer programming ¹)
�� Common Interface for two CA modules ²)
�� HDMI output for connection to an HDTV ready TV set
�� HDCP copy protection
�� Optical audio output for Dolby Digital data stream (AC 3)
�� YPbPr output
�� Cinch sockets for AV signal (composite colour picture, stereo-audio)
�� One USB 2.0 port on the front panel and two USB 2.0 ports on the back panel for software updates with a USB stick
�� Multifunction setting device on the front panel
�� Composite colour picture, RGB and Y/C signal output programmable on Scart socket
�� Suitable for software updates (operational software and channel list separately) via satellite or USB stick (not supplied)
�� Language selection for programmes broadcast in several languages
�� Channel search
�� Channel position sort function
�� Automatic date and time setting via DVB data stream
�� On-screen display (OSD) in 8 languages (D, GB, F, I, E, CZ, NL, TR)
�� DiSEqCTM1.0 control signal and SCR one-cable system control signals (as of fi rst quarter 2007)
�� LINUX based operational system
�� Mains switch
�� Delivery scope: Infra-red remote control, batteries, manual, safety notes, Scart cable, power cable

thanks davet

spud
24-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Has anyone ever tried or brought one of these?

Tony Baker
24-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi,

You can see this latest HD Sat Rx plus many more being reviewed every morning by "Dr Dish" in English on Astra:1 at 19.2E from 9am till 11am! TB

goodolddad
24-10-2007, 11:56 AM
Image support it very limited on this box, some of the source is available but there are not many developers at the moment. Maybe if the price was to be reduced like the badly selling TM9100 it would encourage development.

Eugenie
24-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Yepp, only part of the source is available. The receiver has been on the market for a long time actually with not much progress...the software does not support diseqc 1.1, 1.2 or USALS! Software is generally buggy, slow zapping, slow scanning etc, official support is slooow. No, it does not do 4:2:2 or blindscan. There are very simple inofficial images with emulators and ftp added but that“s about it.
October (as we“re in now) was promised to see the usb PVR function software (1.04) but this has not materialized yet.

All in all, not very impressive...as usual, it all depends on first and foremost official software support which really is not very impressive (especially since you consider that this receiver has been out for a long while), second, inoffical software is very limited due to limited public sourcecodes.

Eugenie

dubious
24-10-2007, 01:34 PM
This box would be no good as your only receiver as it has no card slots and only diseqc 1.0 but as a second receiver I'm loving it :)

While you all wait for the Holy Grail (aka DM8000) I'm already watching 99% of HD channels from across europe.

As has already been mentioned there is limited support and what support there is, is mainly in German. It is possilble with the only public emu/client camd3 to connect this box to gbox network.

If you are a very experienced Dreambox user and prepared to work at it then the rewards are worth it otherwise forget it !

daxv8
31-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Hi dubious,

I am interested in the Kathrein ufs 9100 as its Linux .Presently have a Dreambox 7020 . You say you are using Camd3 .Can you use the cams like magic . What can you open on HD channels. The cost looks about half the price of the Dreambox 8000 being quoted .

The picture is reported to the best of the HD receivers on the market . I also have found there is a excellent German web site for the support and recording now is available to an external USB hard disk . There appears some good support for this product .

Cheers

daxv8
06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi ,

Has any one bought one of these sets in the U.K. or if from Germany. Please P.M. There seems no U.K. supplier?

Cheers

Cheers

dubious
10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi dubious,

I am interested in the Kathrein ufs 9100 as its Linux .Presently have a Dreambox 7020 . You say you are using Camd3 .Can you use the cams like magic . What can you open on HD channels. The cost looks about half the price of the Dreambox 8000 being quoted .

The picture is reported to the best of the HD receivers on the market . I also have found there is a excellent German web site for the support and recording now is available to an external USB hard disk . There appears some good support for this product .

Cheers

Sorry for late reply, actually mgcamd is now available for the kathy which is brilliant news. I am now watching ALL HD channels from across europe with cs.

There is no USB recording with the current firmware, that comes with the next version 1.04, due in december I think.

As I've said elsewhere I think this box is only good at this time as a second receiver as it has only diseqc1, I use it in conjunction with my Dreambox 7025.

Overall I'm very happy with it as at this time it is the ONLY linux HD box.

Check you PM ;)