PDA

View Full Version : 2m (6 feet) and 2,4m (8 feet) Dish - GTE

neuron
05-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi,

I have several dishs (6 ft and 8 ft) from an earth station to connect several places in 6425 - 7125 MHz. The label in one side said GTE.

So this dishs work in C band (3 GHz). But I would like to know if its ok for KU band 11, 12 GHz?

Best regards,

Neuron

Siegfried
06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
C band mesh dishes do not work in KU band because the mesh size is wrong but solid dishes are OK. Use a C120 LNB if a prime focus dish.

neuron
06-04-2007, 04:33 PM
C band mesh dishes do not work in KU band because the mesh size is wrong but solid dishes are OK. Use a C120 LNB if a prime focus dish.

Hi,
Please read my msg. They used this dishs for 6425 - 7125 MHz. So C band is not a problem. And I will use it in future.

But some dish don't support higher freq.

So if someone knows any site or docs for this antennas please tell me.

Thanks

Neuron

BoSSpak
06-04-2007, 04:40 PM
C band mesh dishes do not work in KU band because the mesh size is wrong

On the contrary,i have a orbitron MicroMesh dish 3.6m and works & performs great on ku band :) The mesh must be fine for inorder to perform well on ku band,the old standard mesh are crap,you loose more then half the gain(db).

BoSS

filmfan46
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
On the contrary,i have a orbitron MicroMesh dish 3.6m and works & performs great on ku band :) The mesh must be fine for inorder to perform well on ku band,the old standard mesh are crap,you loose more then half the gain(db).

BoSS

And also dishes just designed for c band are not necessarily accurately pressed or manufactured to work well at the far high frequencies used for KU band.That book by I think Kalin and Brent Gale goes into this.I think it was called KU band theory and design or something like that.Going back at least 15 years.American book.Just google for it.

neuron
06-04-2007, 10:29 PM

BoSS

And what is the holes (diam)?

Thanks
Neuron

BoSSpak
11-04-2007, 05:32 PM
And what is the holes (diam)?

Thanks
Neuron

About 1.5 to 2mm from top of my head;but the holes are not circular but oval, i think from my understanding thats the key with micromesh efficency over standard mesh.The orbitron and KTI micromesh dishes are well manufactured and pressed very accuratly and the powder coating they use does not effect the signal.

neuron
18-04-2007, 12:37 PM
About 1.5 to 2mm from top of my head;but the holes are not circular but oval, i think from my understanding thats the key with micromesh efficency over standard mesh.The orbitron and KTI micromesh dishes are well manufactured and pressed very accuratly and the powder coating they use does not effect the signal.

Thanks for the info,

And hope other users tell me more

Neuron